Two annoying problems so far:

• Upon answering an incoming call with the Answer button, sometimes the call will automatically be on speakerphone. Had this happen twice today, each with different callers, and not every time they called. The GUI still shows as if it is set to handset, and touching the "speakerphone" icon will change the color of the icon as if speakerphone is activated, and speakerphone remains active. Touch it again to switch to handset and the call switches to handset. Taking a tip from iPhone users I made sure my cheek was not "touching" the speakerphone icon accidently.
    • Hiding the bloatware icons does not keep them hidden. I can hide them, but as soon as the phone is plugged into the computer or placed on the charging dock and removed, the stubborn bloatware icons are back.
    Yup. That's what the **** folder is for
    11-09-11 03:52 PM
    Yup. That's what the **** folder is for
    I did the same but under the main screen "media" there's two bloatware that I can't put in a folder, "live TV" and "att shop music". Does anyone have a fix for this? I tried deleting under application management but it doesn't show up on the list.
    11-09-11 04:49 PM
    Got my 9900 first day with no issues even tho I heard they were going quick. I saw a few people come into the store like myself and just ask for the 9900 right away. Was using the 9900 on tmobile for a while but now back on att with my berry way cheaper with a family plan. But as usual I love the 9900 it really feels like a real blackberry. I just have to discharge the battery a few times cause its getting a little glitchy but had to do the same thing with my tmobile 9900. Other then that speaker, earpiece are awesome along with the amazing keyboard.... I sometimes find myself typing quicker on my phone then the computer and I dont have to look. Never been more satisfied with my blackberry looks like the 9900 is definitly a keeper
    11-09-11 05:06 PM
    I did the same but under the main screen "media" there's two bloatware that I can't put in a folder, "live TV" and "att shop music". Does anyone have a fix for this? I tried deleting under application management but it doesn't show up on the list.
    Huh.. They're gone for me. I guess hide them and then select "all panels"
    11-09-11 05:34 PM
    So I've had my 9900 since 10am Sunday morning. RIM has basically taken everything great about BB and put it in a perfect device. Everything just works so fast. Its a pleasure using every aspect of this phone. The touch screen just naturally compliments the keyboard. I have it down to a 50/50 in usage. This keyboard can not get any better. Its like your fingers are one with the keyboard. I am extremely happy with this device. The build quality is just amazing. I have had zero problems with my device. The battery could definitely be better but I am a light to moderate user and so far I make it through my day. I'm on the stock At&t os and might upgrade down the road but at this time see no need for it. I could use this phone for a long time so the BBX version of the 9900 better be really compelling for me to switch to. I've tried all the other platforms except for windows and I keep coming back to BB because I love the UI. May be simple to some, but perfect for my needs. Enjoy your 9900s
    11-09-11 06:23 PM
    I want to get my 9900 shipped by ATT to my office as my company berry. Come on, ATT. I just want my phone. The phone was ordered on Monday and I still don't have it despite paying for priority shipping.
    11-09-11 07:30 PM
    Man I'm still on the fence between the 4S and 9900. I loved the 9000 and 9700 and know the 9900 will treat me just right also.
    11-09-11 08:57 PM
    Man I'm still on the fence between the 4S and 9900. I loved the 9000 and 9700 and know the 9900 will treat me just right also.
    Have you also considered the Torch series? i have owned a 9000 and the 9700 but have using the Torch sliders. Now with a company 9900, I will get a chance to use a Bold again and see if I go back to the bar form factor. My son and wife have the i4 and i4s but I still stayed with RIM even though the i4 has some nice features as well.
    11-09-11 09:04 PM
    I have had my new Bold since Sunday morning and freaking love it! snappy, fast, great keyboard. i wish all of my old apps would work on it. So far it has spontaneously rebooted once but nobrick issues -- which by the way, their is an "brick breaker" app preloaded! of course, it is just a game!
    11-09-11 09:38 PM
    I have had my new Bold since Sunday morning and freaking love it! snappy, fast, great keyboard. i wish all of my old apps would work on it. So far it has spontaneously rebooted once but nobrick issues -- which by the way, their is an "brick breaker" app preloaded! of course, it is just a game!
    Glad you are enjoying your 9900. Here's hoping that you escape without a "brick", an expensive one at that.
    11-09-11 10:03 PM
    Have you also considered the Torch series? i have owned a 9000 and the 9700 but have using the Torch sliders. Now with a company 9900, I will get a chance to use a Bold again and see if I go back to the bar form factor. My son and wife have the i4 and i4s but I still stayed with RIM even though the i4 has some nice features as well.
    I have considered it but I am not a huge fan of the sliding parts and such. Lots of room for breaking to occur. For some reason, I consider the Bold line to be the top dog in the Berry series and the Torch is just a gimmick for larger screens. I may be wrong but that's how I view it. And I would never get they Torch Touch at all. It's just the 9900 and the 4S right now that I'm deciding between.
    11-09-11 11:52 PM
    Our purchasing person ordered them at 11:30pm on Saturday. They shipped Monday... from the same city, Fedex 2-day. So, just got them.

Anyhow...
    probably saying a lot that's already been said. Keyboard is almost perfect - I prefer the 9000's because the keys had a little bit more separation on the top.

Browser seems nice and fast. Despise the lack of "column view" in the browser, though.

Screen is GLORIOUS. I like the touchscreen, and the number of things you can get to quickly from the home screen - change the profile in two touches, drop-down calendar/email, options in one touch. The one misstep, IMHO, is the missing side button. Okay, so there's one to lock the screen, 3 for volume, and one for apps. But I can't choose "favorites" with it, and now I have to choose between camera and email. The 9000 let me do both, which was amazingly handy. Camera comes up fast and is much better than the old unit.

Feels great in the hand, thinner (for now - may get some sort of extended battery if what I've heard about 14-hour battery life is true).

I miss my old ringtones - need to find them online, I guess.

Bluetooth tether works.
    Last edited by mbourgon; 11-10-11 at 08:39 AM.
    11-10-11 07:50 AM
    If anyone is interested in having their new Bold function properly then the WIND Mobile .474 OS is a major step up in performance.

The UI smooth and has no hesitations like the finely honed garbage att took 5 months to release.
    The data speeds are much faster than the finely honed dog poo att took 5 months to release
    The data connection doesn't suffer the choppy stop/start crap that the finely honed trash att took 5 months to release.

If your using .440 then you not experiencing the phone anywhere near its best.

Removing the SIM, my Memory card, and using BBDM was the best way for me to update the phone. Don't forget the remove the vendor.xml file(s).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 08:06 AM
    Did the nuance gal recover in 474? or is she still sounding like she's from Appalachia?
    11-10-11 09:07 AM
    Just got mine. Since this is my sixth berry, I am embarrassed to ask. HOW DO I GET THE BATTERY COVER OFFFFFF?
    11-10-11 10:09 AM
    Never mind...googled it...charging it now.
    11-10-11 10:36 AM
    Just got mine. Since this is my sixth berry, I am embarrassed to ask. HOW DO I GET THE BATTERY COVER OFFFFFF?
    Haha right? I like it, but it was funny watching the sales associate try to pry it off the first time
    11-10-11 11:16 AM
    Lamo!!!! I had the exact same problem when I wanted to put my memory card in after I had first bought my tmobile 9900. Even tho now I got my bold on AT&T which I'm happy about. I felt so useless lol cause I couldn't figure out how to get my battery cover off. Sadly enough to say thats the first time I ever looked at the quick start guide that they provided in the box........

Embarrassing to admit but it's true the 9900 got me there in the beginning.
    11-10-11 12:23 PM
    Went from my trusty Bold 9700 to SGS2 and back to BB lovin with the Bold 9900

SGS2 was a good phone....super light and slim, nice screen (except for a blue tint that gave me headache sometimes), decent battery life, fast as ****, and CK Zombies! When rooted, there isn't much that you can't do to the phone.

But at the end, it wasn't for me....Its a good entertainment machine, but not that great at being a phone......no physical keyboard, weak messaging, lame email client (K-9 mail was ok, but you'd think google would be able to make a decent gmail client for its own OS....it doesn't even have a mark-all! ), no LED notification, lack of sound profiles, and general inefficiency in using the phone/contacts ... plus it was hard not having BB bridge anymore

Love the Bold (sans the battery life which I hope is gonna get better after a few discharges) The keyboard is to die for...its ike a Thinkpad keyboard but on a phone. I find the reception on this phone better than anything else I've ever owned. Where I work, I use to be on SOS or GSM half the time (past phones: SGS2, 9700, N95, Tytn, RAZR...none ). Today, I enjoyed 2-3 bar 4G signal most of the day. Loved it!!!

It seems like the Playbook tethering disconnects that I had with Bold 9700 are gone as well *thumb us*

I miss the oleophobic coating that I had on the Galaxy though...the bold picks up alot of fingerprints. Read somewhere that putting car wax on a screen protector gives it really good anti-fingerprint properties...might try that.
    I am having the opposite experience, I am on day three with the galaxy and so far I am loving it. I am having some keyboard withdrawal, but I am getting pretty good with swype! No led works well for notifications and gmail pushes only slightly slower than RIM servers. Google products are great for synchronization between multiple devices and the third party calendar apps blow the native blackberry calendars away. The customization is awesome with the exception of notification tones, and the screen is just amazing. I am still in the evaluation stages as far as which one I will end up with but this thing is pretty sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 12:50 PM
    Got mine on Nov. 6th and loving it so far, for many of the reasons stated earlier on this thread. Two minor issues:

1. Phone switching to speakerphone if held too closely to your cheek...guess that comes along with having a touch screen.

2. When the device "wakes up" after being locked or has been dormant for a while, there seems to be a bit of a lag when first touching an icon for it to come up. Does that make sense? Anyone having similar issues?

Going from Torch 9800 to 9810 was like night and day (speed, screen clarity, etc). But I always missed having a less bulky BB to carry around. I haven't missed the extra screen real estate either. The 9900 is without a doubt the best BB to date, in my opinion.
    motor96 likes this.
    11-10-11 12:58 PM
    Updated six preloaded apps. Wiil activate BES. It may the difference in the OS versions but the 9900 reboots faster than my 9810. The 9900 stock OS is more recent than the OS currently on my 9810 which is the recent "offcial" ATT 9810 OS.
    11-10-11 01:20 PM
    Updated six preloaded apps. Wiil activate BES. It may the difference in the OS versions but the 9900 reboots faster than my 9810. The 9900 stock OS is more recent than the OS currently on my 9810 which is the recent "offcial" ATT 9810 OS.
    What are your first impressions?!
    11-10-11 02:47 PM
    I may have missed a thread or a response, but have any AT&T users experienced the bricking issue that has plagued other carriers?
    11-10-11 03:13 PM
    I may have missed a thread or a response, but have any AT&T users experienced the bricking issue that has plagued other carriers?
    So far no, but the phone hasn't even been out a full week yet. Many of the users experiencing the bricking had their devices for several weeks already. I think it's too soon to tell if AT&T 9900's will suffer from the same problem.
    11-10-11 03:33 PM
    I want to get my 9900 shipped by ATT to my office as my company berry. Come on, ATT. I just want my phone. The phone was ordered on Monday and I still don't have it despite paying for priority shipping.
    be patient
    11-10-11 04:16 PM
455 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD