ATT 9900 mexico 4 immediately updated OS to .474. I bricked it within the first 24 hrs screwing around with loading NFC COD files just for fun and accidentially removed all cod's files in BBSAK instead of just the one I was trying to remove.Anyway it seems pretty resilient to me.It was totally bricked to where DM wouldn't even read that there was an OS on my device.I tried several times to launch loader re-boot phone etc...Then a BBSAK wipe,power up device run loader from BBHT while it was powering up and it was back!!!as far as I can see this is a rock solid device.Battery compareable to Torch.The wide touchscreen/large keyboard combo is fantastic.I thought I would miss my Torch screen size but I don't at all.I actually prefer the screen on the Bold after only a couple days of use. Everything else about it is super fast and fluid compared to my Torch and the Browser speed and keyboard are SaaaaWeeeeettttt!!I'm totally loving this Bold.If you are due for an upgrade go try this BB out in the store!!!
    Sounds like I will be sticking with the stock OS when my company 9900 arrives at some point. The waiting is getting unbearable.
    11-08-11 11:49 AM
    Sounds like I will be sticking with the stock OS when my company 9900 arrives at some point. The waiting is getting unbearable.
    Do you get it today or tomorrow?
    11-08-11 12:02 PM
    It was ordered yesterday and had priority shipping of 1 to 3 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 01:10 PM
    Picked up the 9900 on Sunday. Love everything it about it compared to my 9700 which servmed me well for 2 years. The browser is great, the touch interface is spot on. Build quality seems good at the screen, a little raised but much better than the one on display at Verizon. One thing that is concerning me is the volume up/down and pause button. Pause seemd to be sunken in, and voilume up/down seems a little off (not square). They work well. The camera convenience is perfect. Are any of you seeing problems with volume/pause buttons? Thinking about returning, but everything else is great. Battery is fine so far. Thanks. Mexico 4 build.
    Last edited by Im Mo Green; 11-08-11 at 01:53 PM.
    11-08-11 01:36 PM
    So far today, battery has been great! I gues it really needed a few cycles of charge.

11-08-11 02:53 PM
    The volume buttons, if they are similar to most berries is a rocker switch meaning that you have toggle it for changes in volume instead of holding it down for raising or lowering the volume.
    11-08-11 02:58 PM
    jcp007 the nuking was of my own doing,not from .474 at all.It was purely me screwing around where I shouldn't of been is all and not paying attention when I was messing with the .COD's.Don't fear the .474 it loaded flawlessly on mine.I messed with stuff after that.
    Last edited by SevendustG; 11-18-11 at 03:21 PM.
    11-08-11 03:23 PM
    Cool. I just hope that my 9900 ordered for work shows up soon.
    11-08-11 03:35 PM
    I'm thinking of trading my 4S for a 9900 really soon.
    1425956 likes this.
    11-08-11 03:52 PM
    So has anyone with a new AT&T 9900 had the "spontaneous battery charging brick" problem? I've been waiting for this phone since forever it seems like but now I'm scared I'll wake up one morning seeing that red light flash. I've always charged my phone over night.
    11-08-11 04:55 PM
    Our procurement vendor updated me that my order was in process but could be delayed to the backlog created by the i4 launch. Their inquiry has been escalated with ATT. My bologna has a first name...

11-08-11 05:00 PM
    I'm thinking of trading my 4S for a 9900 really soon.
    I can't tell u from a 4s, but coming from a 4 I can tell u is totally worth it.

11-08-11 05:03 PM
    I think I wish that the BlackBerry 9900 had a bigger screen. Maybe because I've been using the iPhone for so long. I'm now use to the screen size for when using the browser...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...
    11-08-11 06:15 PM
    I think I wish that the BlackBerry 9900 had a bigger screen. Maybe because I've been using the iPhone for so long. I'm now use to the screen size for when using the browser...

I was really torn betwen the 9810 and waiting for the 9900 on ATT. The screen size and the "bricking" issue experienced by CB Kevin persuaded me to go with the Torch. I now have the opportunity to use 9900to decide once and for all whether I will go back to the bar form factor or stick with the slider.
    11-08-11 07:04 PM
    My OB Defender just arrived. Hopefully, there will be a company 9900 for it to be installed on in the next day or so.
    11-08-11 07:12 PM

Do you think that you would much rather go back to an iPhone or even get the Torch 9860?
    11-08-11 07:48 PM
    My OB Defender just arrived. Hopefully, there will be a company 9900 for it to be installed on in the next day or so.
    Would not recommend the defender. There are threads about it scuffing ip the phone. Commuter is the way to go.
    11-08-11 08:12 PM
    I'll stick with my iPhone 4 & 4S for now. The 9860, looks small, albeit, I've never held one, or tried it...

Do you think that you would much rather go back to an iPhone or even get the Torch 9860?
    11-08-11 08:19 PM
    I'll stick with my iPhone 4 & 4S for now. The 9860, looks small, albeit, I've never held one, or tried it...

You took your 9900 back? I'm still conflicted. Part of me wants to buy this phone. The other says: Are you crazy?
    11-08-11 08:29 PM
    Would not recommend the defender. There are threads about it scuffing ip the phone. Commuter is the way to go.
    Is there a holster that works with the Commuter?
    11-08-11 08:30 PM
    It is going back tomorrow or Friday. My iPhone 4S should be here tomorrow...

I simply like the browsing experience better on the iPhone. And, the camera, well, let's not get me started on that. To put it mildly, you can't compare the iPhone's camera to any other, period...

I say play with the BlackBerry BOLD 9900 in the AT&T shop before you buy. Test browsing, typing, camera, and general use. They now charge $35 for restocking.

You took your 9900 back? I'm still conflicted. Part of me wants to buy this phone. The other says: Are you crazy?
    11-08-11 08:43 PM
    Is there a holster that works with the Commuter?
    Here's the defender thread--

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-666273/

As for a holster I ordered a oem 9000 holster for 8 bucks on amazon. For the time being I'm using my 9650 holster and works fine with the Commuter.
    11-08-11 08:49 PM

I simply like the browsing experience better on the iPhone. And, the camera, well, let's not get me started on that. To put it mildly, you can't compare the iPhone's camera to any other, period...

I say play with the BlackBerry BOLD 9900 in the AT&T shop before you buy. Test browsing, typing, camera, and general use. They now charge $35 for restocking.
    9900 is a great device. Are you sure you have gave it enough time? Lovin mine! But i need a full querty keyboard. Typin on glass would get hold for me.
    11-08-11 08:51 PM
    "QuickLaunch" is "All That and a Bag of Chips" on OS7. It also has some great menu additions and seperate toggles for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Now my home screen isn't a cluster **** of icons.

11-08-11 09:10 PM

I've played with it, and like it, but more concerned with the bricking issue. Besides... I have a few lines with upgrades available. Not planning on selling my iPhone 4 just in case I dislike the blackberry experience.

After owning numerous blackberrys, I'm concerned the new 9900 experience may not be much better than my 8700,8300,8310,9000 or 9700(twice). Sure it's got a nice keyboard, but what else? Maybe I've been spoiled by the iPhone, but I sure miss the keyboard and blinky light.
    11-08-11 09:16 PM
455 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD