Hi all

I can't seem to send or receive text messages, I've tried finding a sloution online but none have helped. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is it producing an error or does it appear to send and the msg doesn't seem to come through on the other end? I trust phone calls work fine dialing out from the device?

I'll resist the temptation to ask for your number to test it....

PG
    11-06-11 05:01 PM
    Lol..I don't get any error messages, they seem to be going through. I restored my old texts from my torch earlier and they came through..so fustrating!

11-06-11 05:04 PM
    Congratulation to all who are waiting form AT&T,

11-06-11 05:08 PM
    Well.....I just got back from the art store and I was not convienced by the Bold. I played with with it for about 45 minutes and got 2 crashes and the clock thing still shows up occasionally for no reason and also when downloading apps. Its so annoying :/

11-06-11 05:12 PM
    How were you able to download apps? Most store demo models are not connected to the internet.
    11-06-11 05:18 PM
    Lol..I don't get any error messages, they seem to be going through. I restored my old texts from my torch earlier and they came through..so fustrating!

Ok that sounds like an account issue more than a device issue. I would suggest calling customer service...

PG
    11-06-11 05:26 PM
    So since you're that close I would suggest speaking the store manager (probably tomorrow.) and explain that you're within 30days of an upgrade and you want the 9900. They will most likely cut you a break and if not explain that since your contract is up in less than 30 days you'll be going to Verizon to get the same device.

Even if you have no intention of leaving its probably worth a try. Store managers have the ability to override that if you're close but often times you have to press them...

PG
    I can tell you that this statement is true. I experienced it today. I was far away from a new upgrade but they graciously hooked me up!!!
    Either way, the wait was worth it. The device is amazing, still playing with it and tweaking the settings you know!!!
    This keyborad is crazy man, its great!!!

11-06-11 05:29 PM
    A secured upgrade would be another possibility. It never hurts to ask.
    11-06-11 05:33 PM
    PG,
    This might be far-fetched, but any idea as to where I might be able to find the Original .440 OS load for the (AT&T) 9900...? Tried the Blackberry site, but nothing there. Not sure why the Curve 9360 OS would be up but not the 9900...?

Thank you (even if you're unable to answer this.)
    11-06-11 05:33 PM
    PG,
    This might be far-fetched, but any idea as to where I might be able to find the Original .440 OS load for the (AT&T) 9900...? Tried the Blackberry site, but nothing there. Not sure why the Curve 9360 OS would be up but not the 9900...?

Thank you (even if you're unable to answer this.)
    I am uploading it at the request of a few others. I'll put the link in this thread rather than all over the place...

PG
    jcp007 and intellectronik like this.
    11-06-11 05:36 PM
    Got mine earlier today. It's awesome! Besides a slight squeak in the trackpad I have had absolutely no problems. Best berry yet!
    11-06-11 05:38 PM
    Problem fixed. Apparently the att rep turned off my text message plan.
    Thanks for your help Phonegeek
    11-06-11 05:38 PM
    Problem fixed. Apparently the att rep turned off my text message plan.
    Thanks for your help Phonegeek
    Anytime!

PG
    11-06-11 05:41 PM
    Lets see some pics!
    11-06-11 05:44 PM
    You paid 40% in taxes?!?
    sales tax is computed based on msrp, atleast here in cali...thats why i buy from amazon wireless usually to avoid that
    11-06-11 05:48 PM
    sales tax is computed based on msrp, atleast here in cali...thats why i buy from amazon wireless usually to avoid that
    You missed the followup that price included accessories.
    11-06-11 05:50 PM
    no, i read that too

the person saying its 40 percent tax was basing it on the 199 price...just giving him a heads up on how sales tax is computed for promotional priced cellphones.
    11-06-11 06:02 PM
    How did you come up with 40% for taxes?

$199 for the device
    $ ?? for the case
    $ ?? taxes
    Yeah that's what I was just thinking.....lol
    OK it exactly came to after taxes and OB Commuter case $262.79
    11-06-11 06:16 PM
    Glad we got the pricing settled.
    11-06-11 06:21 PM
    PG,

Any luck with link for the stock ATT 9900 OS?
    11-06-11 06:29 PM
    I am uploading it at the request of a few others. I'll put the link in this thread rather than all over the place...

PG

Thanks again PG...!
    11-06-11 06:29 PM
    For the people who have squeaky or slightly squeaky track pad what it like that out of the box or was it not until you got a few hours of usage on it that you noticed it start to squeak?
    11-06-11 06:31 PM
    PG,

Any luck with link for the stock ATT 9900 OS?
    Yeah its right where I said I'd put it... but here you go...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

PG
    jcp007 likes this.
    11-06-11 06:37 PM
    There was tooooo much suspense buildup... Phone is amazing but not worth the wait. It sucks cause alot of apps are not OS7 ready. But the 9900 is def the best blackberry available!
    11-06-11 06:38 PM
    There was tooooo much suspense buildup... Phone is amazing but not worth the wait. It sucks cause alot of apps are not OS7 ready. But the 9900 is def the best blackberry available!
    But you knew (or should have known) there weren't a lot of apps available. Why isn't it worth the wait? Just because of the lack of apps?
    11-06-11 06:48 PM
455 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD