Once they do, they could refer to FBI for criminal prosecution as the data travels across multiple jurisdictions.
    11-06-11 02:02 PM
    But we digress...I am more interested in the input from new owners as this is the first berry that I have not gotten on launch day despite the fact that tomorrow is the business user launch day.
    11-06-11 02:03 PM
    Well this begins to get into an area that I really don't think they want to go down. Is the user paying for data service? yes, is the user buying the device? yes. The courts are really not likely to find that at&t has the right to tell a user that he can't use a legal program on a device they legally bought.

Even if they figured out a way to block us from downloading it they'd likely lose that battle as well...

Just my opinion...

PG
    11-06-11 02:06 PM
    so far so good with my 9900. They only had 2 at my local att store and I bought the last one
    11-06-11 02:13 PM
    Well this begins to get into an area that I really don't think they want to go down. Is the user paying for data service? yes, is the user buying the device? yes. The courts are really not likely to find that at&t has the right to tell a user that he can't use a legal program on a device they legally bought.

Even if they figured out a way to block us from downloading it they'd likely lose that battle as well...

Just my opinion...

PG
    How is the modified version different from the most recent bridge version? i have the most recent version and Bridge browser and files icons are active.
    11-06-11 02:13 PM
    How is the modified version different from the most recent bridge version? i have the most recent version and Bridge browser and files icons are active.
    Truth be told I don't know... Perhaps they've backed away and there is only one version because they figured out that most people are going around it anyway... I'll test with the wife's 9700 and see since I don't have tethering on her plan...

PG
    11-06-11 02:16 PM
    Just got back from grabbing mine, love the phone.

Build quality is good track pad is a little of square but not bad enough to worry about it.
    Unlike the Tmo and Sprint versions the ATT doesn�t not include a leather pouch with it? Picked up a Otter Commuter case for it.

But man I�m telling ya if there�s anything that drives me nuts. I had to try and pry it out of the sales rep hands. When I get a new device I want to experience the unwrapping and setting up my self. I don�t want some curious sales rep experiencing it first hand for me. Thinking that their being helpful unpacking the case and phone to put it all together so they can play with it.

Let the customer that just spent almost $300 on their new toy to experience it first hand and savor that newness before anyone else.

Other than that great device so far, no issues yet. Congrats to everyone that got one this morning, that�s been waiting so damn long...
    11-06-11 02:20 PM
    Why will they not let me add tethering without losing the unlimited data plan that I have had since 2006? I would be interested in your findings.
    11-06-11 02:22 PM
    It's SWEEEET. Only had it home for a couple of hours though, so take that for what it's worth.
    11-06-11 02:33 PM
    Nothing but positive reviews here for this phone. The thinness, build, the screen, the keyboard are just amazing. I definitely can see what Kevin was talking about in his review by saying this is the best blackberry to date.
    11-06-11 02:35 PM
    Once they do, they could refer to FBI for criminal prosecution as the data travels across multiple jurisdictions.
    What? I don't think so.
    11-06-11 02:35 PM

Build quality is good track pad is a little of square but not bad enough to worry about it.
    Unlike the Tmo and Sprint versions the ATT doesn�t not include a leather pouch with it? Picked up a Otter Commuter case for it.

But man I�m telling ya if there�s anything that drives me nuts. I had to try and pry it out of the sales rep hands. When I get a new device I want to experience the unwrapping and setting up my self. I don�t want some curious sales rep experiencing it first hand for me. Thinking that their being helpful unpacking the case and phone to put it all together so they can play with it.

Let the customer that just spent almost $300 on their new toy to experience it first hand and savor that newness before anyone else.

Other than that great device so far, no issues yet. Congrats to everyone that got one this morning, that�s been waiting so damn long...
    I have to say that I just noticed that my trackpad is not completely square either and its bothering me quite a bit. The screen also has quite a noticeable ridge when scrolling right near the keyboard. Going to have to see if I can deal with that or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 02:38 PM
    Im interested in what the hardware changes were....otherwise I'm gonna keep my unlocked 9900.
    11-06-11 02:38 PM
    Picked mine-up this morning at 10:00am, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm currently at work (and the battery obviously needed to be charged), I don't think I would have put this device down. I am IN-LOVE with this, and can't stress enough regardless of the wait, what a superior device I have acquired. I can't comment too much on the build quality, but from what I can tell so far, all is well. I'm still getting accustomed to the feedback on the keypad. For lack of better words, it's different (but not in a bad way) compared to my previous Bold 9700. I'm not too concerned on WHERE it was built, seeing-as any device could have issues, but so-far I'm content. The only "quirk" I encountered was it momentarily losing BIS connectivity, but a simple powering-on and off of the device radio ("Mobile Networks"), and I was connected once again.

I will post more when I have dedicated some solid time using the device, but so far, so good, and I can whole-heartedly say it was "worth the wait". Thanks again to CX and PG for keeping-us posted...!

Hope everyone who was able to pick one up today is enjoying their device as much as I am...!

11-06-11 02:40 PM

I thought it was $199 with a 2 yr contract.
    11-06-11 02:42 PM
    I thought it was $199 with a 2 yr contract.
    Yes it is, that was after case and taxes, came to $280.00
    11-06-11 02:49 PM
    Is anyone getting the OB Defender case and holster?
    11-06-11 02:51 PM
    Is anyone getting the OB Defender case and holster?
    OtterBox Commuter and 9000 holster.
    11-06-11 03:06 PM
    Anyone notice the Micro USB port is loose?

Also, will anybody be trying the "Wind Mobile .474 OS"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 03:09 PM
    It's a 9000 on steroids. Still miss the trackball though. Navita is back to the old, better version when re-installed (reference 9800). Just getting started...

First time I opened the address book (backed up from previous BB) that motherf*cking pos ATT addressbook started to do it's thing. Hitting the back button stopped it. Whew.
    Last edited by palomartian; 11-06-11 at 03:27 PM.
    11-06-11 03:14 PM
    OtterBox Commuter and 9000 holster.
    For some reason the Otterbox Commuter is kinda slippery. What do you think? Maybe its because its the first day..i dont know..;-)
    11-06-11 03:23 PM
    I will never miss that trackball or trackwheel. The grinding noise is almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard.
    11-06-11 03:24 PM
    For some reason the Otterbox Commuter is kinda slippery. What do you think? Maybe its because its the first day..i dont know..;-)
    Sort of "slick", but I don't have any issues with it.
    data77 likes this.
    11-06-11 03:25 PM
    As mentioned before, given the amount of money for a device and the number of devices that I have dropped, the protection is worth it.
    11-06-11 03:28 PM
    AT&T's 9900 and 9860 are shipping with the 4G icon instead of H+. Also, newer OS builds for the 9810 change the icon from H+ to 4G.
    what os is it running i want that on my 9900 from rogers i still get the H+ , yet i get 4G icon on my 9810?
    11-06-11 03:29 PM
455 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD