Nice thread and I'm glad you and the others are excited for this device.
    First off, I'll get this Blackberry whenever it's available thru my carrier. Yeah, some will say it's not enough while looking at the specs of other devices (iPhone/Android Models) or based on what is being posted by "experts" on here and other sites. Some will be excited and will say this Blackberry is great and later complain within a few days....as stated. It happens. After the initial hype(months earlier) for unreleased devices, I disregard a lot of the "residual" hype or ranting reviews until I have the Blackberry in my hands and decide for myself. As a consumer I look at it as purchasing a product that fits my needs. So far, Blackberries have worked well for me as a consumer...even after eight Blackberries.
    When it doesn't, I'll move to another device.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 07-26-11 at 09:04 AM.
    07-26-11 01:55 AM
    When it doesn't, I'll move to another device.
    The problem is, by the time you realize you had a POS phone you would already have been locked into a 2-year contract (for most people). Perhaps that's what pissed so many people off on the Storm series.
    07-26-11 02:42 AM
    that's why in most other countries people buy the phone right off, then choose carriers, using sim-cards. that way you get freedom and flexibility.
    with so many exciting new devices coming in, waiting on 2 years is just too long.
    07-26-11 03:00 AM
    I'm nobody's fanboi and I was here before you so deal with it or roll out punk.
    LMFAO what one mth earlier you have been here before me...what ya want??? a medal for being here a month earlier than me???

Ah let them say what they will, everyone is entitled to their opinion I have faith that RIM will pull this off. One good thing is that with everyone's expectations so low, any decent device will be heralded as a miracle.
    Indeed...not saying anyone isnt entitled to an opinion but at least keep it real and truthful lol

Dude the playbook sucked,so did the whole storm series lol there's no way around it. And people always hype these new devices from RIM(storm was suppose to be the iphone killer and the playbook was suppose to be better than the ipad, YEAH RIGHT!) and then they always cry about something 3 days later lol don't get mad at the dude for telling the truth, get mad at RIM for making poor quality items

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LMFAO oh here we go again...maybe for you the playbook sucks, it doesnt for me...it does what it says on the tin and i love mine. Sure it isnt as polished as the freaking almighty ipad, which i think is a nice tablet but doesnt sweet FA for me...all that glitters aint gold to me in a nutshell.
    The storm yes was a terrible device, never a fan of the whole surepress system, the storm2 was slightly better but not by much.

Why should i get mad at RIM???...other than the storm series, all of their other devices including the playbook have been well built...sure it isnt as fancy as a phagdroid or iphag devices but they get the job done...the only thing that annoys me about RIM at the moment is how long they take to release their devices but no matter, i know the 9900 will be worth the wait.
    07-26-11 05:41 AM
    The problem is, by the time you realize you had a POS phone you would already have been locked into a 2-year contract (for most people). Perhaps that's what pissed so many people off on the Storm series.
    It has been well documented that the Storm launch was a CF from the beginning. CX had recently became a MOD and should remember better than anyone. H*ll, I even passed on buying my neighbors' Storm for a good price. Not worth using on at&t- EDGE only. My advice to anyone would be to mark the date on the calendar and return it on the 30th day if you think that you really have a POS. Then if you're not satisfied and didn't return it, volunteer for a one-man "***-kicking contest" for keeping it past the return date.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 07-26-11 at 09:02 AM.
    07-26-11 08:08 AM
    I would be wary of such a positive review - I've read similar ones about the POS Storm 2 I once had. That experience alone had killed my confidence in RIM. IMO the Curve 8520 would be an upgrade to the Storm 2 9520, but I'm just ranting here.

Better to err on the side of caution by waiting for user reviews within a month of the phone's release. I would rather read more about the bad about a product rather than the good, though.

+1 on reading the negatives more so than all the good stuff.

I remember all too well, the build up to the hype of the BlackBerry Storm2 release... the many positive video previews, sightings and leaked info from Salmondrin and the likes touting SurePress as this revolutionary tech thats going to blow other touchscreen devices away, plus the reported improvements over the failed Storm 1 etc

I must admit, with all the good news circulating I was caught hook, line and sinker.... I upgraded as soon as it released! But man oh man what a bad decision that was. The Storm 2 turned out to be one of the worse phones I've EVER used and was so relieved I got rid.

Moral is, anyone who is serious about the 9900, I'd wait until this phone is properly released and serious/reputable reviewers give it the once over first, then finally if you can, try before you buy. Don't make the mistake I made by getting swayed by all the praise.
    anon3396357 likes this.
    07-26-11 09:36 AM
    My advice to anyone would be to mark the date on the calendar and return it on the 30th day if you think that you really have a POS. Then if you're not satisfied and didn't return it, volunteer for a one-man "***-kicking contest" for keeping it past the return date.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I would if I could. Except that there's no 30-day return policy for any carrier in my country. The moment we sign on the line we're locked in. No swapping of phones, except for faulty ones within 7 days. And even then, you can only exchange for the same model.
    07-26-11 11:49 AM
    ...sightings and leaked info from Salmondrin and the likes touting SurePress as this revolutionary tech thats going to blow other touchscreen devices away, plus the reported improvements over the failed Storm 1 etc...
    I can never forget those videos. They're still up on YouTube and every time I saw those leaks I felt like kicking myself for being so gullible. Damn, Salomondrin, no more of your nonsense.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-26-11 11:51 AM
    .....What I WISH is that I could run the Powerpoint on my playbook from my blackberry clicking through the slides!! I really do not like being tethered to the device connected to the projector
    Have you ever thought about the Blackberry Presenter?

BlackBerry - Presenter - Wireless PowerPoint for BlackBerry

Granted, not sure if presenter was updated for playbook, but if nothing else, handheld direct to presenter would work well for you.....
    07-26-11 12:18 PM
    This means I have to drop my Torch from a moving vehicle, and have that uncomfortable discussion with my boss...
    07-26-11 01:43 PM
    I can never forget those videos. They're still up on YouTube and every time I saw those leaks I felt like kicking myself for being so gullible. Damn, Salomondrin, no more of your nonsense.
    I know exactly what you mean, I bought the Storm 2 and returned it 4 days later not even a week.
    07-26-11 08:40 PM
    Or even if you flat-out don't even want to give it a chance, you need to hold one of them. OH MY GOD! Pictures/videos do NOT do it justice.

I can't get much into how/when (I'll just say that being in Waterloo this weekend had its perks ) I saw it, but I can say that this is a beautiful device. A whole new RIM...

I switched from the Torch (ugh) to the iPhone4, and was looking to getting a new Android phone, I wasn't even considering BB, but once I saw it and held it and started using it... there's no question, I'm getting one of these OS7 phones.

Keep in mind when reading this that I was not looking at the newest iteration of the phone, don't want to go into much detail here though.

First of all, the screen is massive and gorgeous, you have to see it to believe it, do not judge it by the pictures/videos. The screen is amazingly clear and plays HD video flawlessly. The 5mp camera is on some serious roids, you can't compare this to any other 5mp BB camera, it's more on par (or even better than) the iP4 camera, which is saying something. Secondly, the build quality of the phone is phenomenal. Thin, light, solid, amazing. I would say it is about the same thickness of my iPhone4 with my incase on it, astounding. Thirdly, and IMO most importantly, the software. It's as if RIM suddenly opened their eyes and looked on the Crackberry forum (which I can confirm they actually do look at!!!) and actually made the device around what people were complaining about. I literally could not believe I was holding a RIM device in my hands. Butter-smooth UI, you could throw anything at it and it was SO fast, opening applications faster than my iPhone 4. What hourglass? This software leaves iOS in the dust. Browser is simply incredible, I can definitely see why they decided to make this OS7, instead of 6.1, an incremental update would not do this justice. I'm floored.

Unfortunately I could not use it long, the guy was pretty busy (thank you very much if you are reading this!), and I would also like to say that RIM is by no means in as bad of shape as the media would like us to believe. He said he is astounded at all the garbage the media is spewing about RIM, and that he highly doubts that the letter from the supposed "executive" or any other letters are legit. He said that it was indeed a stressful workplace, but that is par for the course in a bleeding-edge technology organization. It is nowhere near the zoo that the media is reporting it to be. Anyways, I feel like I'm forgetting so much stuff that he told me, but I feel I am starting to ramble, so I will end it here.

Thanks again if you are reading this dude! Hope I didn't get you in trouble, I think I was vague enough

so ummm who are you exactly?? and uhh... how long have you been working for RIM??
    07-26-11 08:55 PM
    I would if I could. Except that there's no 30-day return policy for any carrier in my country. The moment we sign on the line we're locked in. No swapping of phones, except for faulty ones within 7 days. And even then, you can only exchange for the same model.
    This is one of the reasons why North American consumers get it so easy. We can't return goods either unless they are defective and no-where near the 30 days these guys enjoy - I think we're 7 days as well.

We have to be a little more careful about what we sign up for.
    anon3396357 likes this.
    07-26-11 09:11 PM
    Sh*t! Just noticed where you're located. That's effed up. Like others, there will always be numerous outlets(besides CB) to tell how great the device is at that time. So, I have never had a problem with anyone posting about real issues with their Blackberries.

Lol. I'm waiting for the comments on battery life- good or bad. Every Blackberry I've owned prior to the original BOLD had great battery life. Others have had over-documented moderate - crappy battery life. Same for my iPhone 3G and the Moto Atrix I returned.
    07-27-11 12:14 AM
    so ummm who are you exactly?? and uhh... how long have you been working for RIM??
    He said in one of his posts that he doesn't work for RIM.....though sometimes it's easy to read between the lines of who is professional and is just keeping it on the down low.
    01itr likes this.
    07-27-11 02:06 AM
    Or even if you flat-out don't even want to give it a chance, you need to hold one of them. OH MY GOD! Pictures/videos do NOT do it justice.

I can't get much into how/when (I'll just say that being in Waterloo this weekend had its perks ) I saw it, but I can say that this is a beautiful device. A whole new RIM...

I switched from the Torch (ugh) to the iPhone4, and was looking to getting a new Android phone, I wasn't even considering BB, but once I saw it and held it and started using it... there's no question, I'm getting one of these OS7 phones.

Keep in mind when reading this that I was not looking at the newest iteration of the phone, don't want to go into much detail here though.

First of all, the screen is massive and gorgeous, you have to see it to believe it, do not judge it by the pictures/videos. The screen is amazingly clear and plays HD video flawlessly. The 5mp camera is on some serious roids, you can't compare this to any other 5mp BB camera, it's more on par (or even better than) the iP4 camera, which is saying something. Secondly, the build quality of the phone is phenomenal. Thin, light, solid, amazing. I would say it is about the same thickness of my iPhone4 with my incase on it, astounding. Thirdly, and IMO most importantly, the software. It's as if RIM suddenly opened their eyes and looked on the Crackberry forum (which I can confirm they actually do look at!!!) and actually made the device around what people were complaining about. I literally could not believe I was holding a RIM device in my hands. Butter-smooth UI, you could throw anything at it and it was SO fast, opening applications faster than my iPhone 4. What hourglass? This software leaves iOS in the dust. Browser is simply incredible, I can definitely see why they decided to make this OS7, instead of 6.1, an incremental update would not do this justice. I'm floored.

Unfortunately I could not use it long, the guy was pretty busy (thank you very much if you are reading this!), and I would also like to say that RIM is by no means in as bad of shape as the media would like us to believe. He said he is astounded at all the garbage the media is spewing about RIM, and that he highly doubts that the letter from the supposed "executive" or any other letters are legit. He said that it was indeed a stressful workplace, but that is par for the course in a bleeding-edge technology organization. It is nowhere near the zoo that the media is reporting it to be. Anyways, I feel like I'm forgetting so much stuff that he told me, but I feel I am starting to ramble, so I will end it here.

Thanks again if you are reading this dude! Hope I didn't get you in trouble, I think I was vague enough
    Thanks for the post, I am one of those on the fence. At 1st I couldn't wait to upgrade to the Bold 9930 from my Curve 8330 from Sprint, but the delays and the rumor of Sprint getting the iphone 5 now has me really studying and taking my time in this decision, for me, it'll be a 2yr contract with either one, so I really want to be sure. When the Bold 9930 is released, I will go to the BlackBerry store and realy demo it, for at least 45 mins. Then when the iphone 5 is or will be released on Sprint, I'll do the same. Who knows? I might instantly fall in love with the Bold 9930 and get it on the spot. Just wanna take my time.

01itr likes this.
    07-27-11 08:52 AM
    When the Bold 9930 is released, I will go to the BlackBerry store and realy demo it, for at least 45 mins. Then when the iphone 5 is or will be released on Sprint, I'll do the same.
    This is by far the smartest thing you can do, and what I would encourage anyone that is looking to purchase a new phone to do.
    07-27-11 09:00 AM
    I'm not a fan of full touchscreens, but the hype of the iphone 5 and the new iOS5 and it may land on Sprint, does make me at least try it out (out of all the touchscreens I demo'd this summer, only the iphone 4 was a device I'd even think of using, if not the Bold 9930 (I do love the full size qwerty keyboard it'll have) and again, this based on Sprint even getting the iphone 5 along with at&t and Verizon at the same time. If Sprint doesn't get the iphone 5, then my choice is pretty narrow...Bold 9930 for me then. But for me, IMO it's still a win-win thang

07-27-11 09:12 AM
    I'm not a fan of full touchscreens, but the hype of the iphone 5 and the new iOS5 and it may land on Sprint, does make me at least try it out (out of all the touchscreens I demo'd this summer, only the iphone 4 was a device I'd even think of using, if not the Bold 9930 (I do love the full size qwerty keyboard it'll have) and again, this based on Sprint even getting the iphone 5 along with at&t and Verizon at the same time. If Sprint doesn't get the iphone 5, then my choice is pretty narrow...Bold 9930 for me then. But for me, IMO it's still a win-win thang

Sprint? IPhone 5? NO
    07-27-11 09:35 AM
    Sprint? IPhone 5? NO
    Actually, maybe:
    Analyst: iPhone 5 likely coming to Sprint, T-Mobile | Wireless - CNET News

07-27-11 09:43 AM
    As for testing the phones, lucky If you can wait on the iphone queue, that is. But 9900 will get queue too, no worries.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 09:46 AM
    Sprint began beta testing the iphone 5 this Monday in LA, SF, Dallas, Chicago and NY...pretty sure Sprint is SERIOUS about getting an iphone 5 this year...my hope is that the iphone 5 will be released on all 4 carriers at the same time.

07-27-11 09:49 AM
    Actually, maybe:
    Analyst: iPhone 5 likely coming to Sprint, T-Mobile | Wireless - CNET News

Analysts said the same ting last year regarding tmobile. If anything tmobile, maybe. Sprint, I'm still saying negative
    07-27-11 09:53 AM
    Sprint began beta testing the iphone 5 this Monday in LA, SF, Dallas, Chicago and NY...pretty sure Sprint is SERIOUS about getting an iphone 5 this year...my hope is that the iphone 5 will be released on all 4 carriers at the same time.

They're far behind AT&T testing.
    07-27-11 10:32 AM
    From the article I read, AT&T just started their beta testing on the iphone 5 July 06, so how is 2 weeks "Far behind"?

07-27-11 10:40 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD