are u serious?
    Are you serious?

There are some incredulous people on here.
    Last edited by chaseh140; 07-25-11 at 06:13 AM.
    07-25-11 06:10 AM
    the 2.46" screen candy-bar handsets will sell forever, but the price will have to go lower. it definitely stays in mid-to lower market position. higher end smartphone will use 3" screen and above, be it slab or slide or folding type.
    it will become a messaging icon (as it has been) most likely with younger users on bbm and social stuff. corporate users which already tried or using torch1 will not going back to smaller screen.
    07-25-11 07:03 AM
    Maybe someone can shed some light here. But if its up to the carriers at this point, why doesn't RIM just outright sell the phone at unlock basis. I mean RIM is a Phone manufacturer, they do make and sell international. Why can't they just push this out to electronic outlets. I mean at this point it seems like worldwide all the carriers are having the same Software troubles pushing it out around the same time. Just my .02

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-25-11 07:08 AM
    several possibilities:
    - old ways of doing business (hard to change)
    - bb will always be sold on BIS/BES, and this goes thru carriers. unless RIM got own stores which handle BIS/BES services, the device will always go thru carriers.
    - inability to sign in data plan thru sms/handset presets (with a prepaid plan). carrier is always required

this mutual relationship between rim and carriers have been around for years. mutually beneficial. things will change though. asia and europe buy handsets and change carriers, while americans/canadians went thru 2 years contract, subsidised.
    if rim goes on its own without carrier support it will need infrastructure and retail outlets, service center/customer service etc. not easy and it will be too late to set up now if one country got like 5 million users.
    07-25-11 07:31 AM
    I would hardly call the screen massive
    07-25-11 08:52 AM
    several possibilities:
    - old ways of doing business (hard to change)
    - bb will always be sold on BIS/BES, and this goes thru carriers. unless RIM got own stores which handle BIS/BES services, the device will always go thru carriers.
    - inability to sign in data plan thru sms/handset presets (with a prepaid plan). carrier is always required

this mutual relationship between rim and carriers have been around for years. mutually beneficial. things will change though. asia and europe buy handsets and change carriers, while americans/canadians went thru 2 years contract, subsidised.
    if rim goes on its own without carrier support it will need infrastructure and retail outlets, service center/customer service etc. not easy and it will be too late to set up now if one country got like 5 million users.
    Makes sense. I guess ill keep checking every Blackberry retailer here in Miami until one of them slips out a unbranded unit just how they did with the torch 2 before release.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-25-11 09:14 AM
    the 2.46" screen candy-bar handsets will sell forever, but the price will have to go lower. it definitely stays in mid-to lower market position. higher end smartphone will use 3" screen and above, be it slab or slide or folding type.
    it will become a messaging icon (as it has been) most likely with younger users on bbm and social stuff. corporate users which already tried or using torch1 will not going back to smaller screen.
    I don't know if you were referring to the 9900 in this post but for the record i believe it has a 2.8" screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01itr likes this.
    07-25-11 09:19 AM
    I would hardly call the screen massive
    Haha true enough, when compared to the 4.x" android screens, it isn't. But it is much bigger than it looks in pictures/videos. It is definitely impressive.

I don't know if you were referring to the 9900 in this post but for the record i believe it has a 2.8" screen.

It is indeed 2.8", and 287 dpi resolution, which makes for a damn nice screen. (By comparison Samsung Galaxy S2 has 218 dpi and the iP4 has 326 dpi)
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-25-11 at 11:15 AM.
    07-25-11 11:10 AM
    I have an iPad and had a Playbook. Took the Playbook back due to many issues. Don't really want to carry around a bunch of devices though. If I get Iphone I plan on getting rid of ipad and using it for everything.

The iphone and ipod touch can BT control an ipad keynote presentation.

Keynote is a $10 app and is not Powerpoint.
    07-25-11 12:19 PM
    yeah i was wrong it's 2.8". sorry.
    hows this 9900 pricing look like, without contract? same as bold 9700? or more?
    07-25-11 12:27 PM
    I would be wary of such a positive review - I've read similar ones about the POS Storm 2 I once had. That experience alone had killed my confidence in RIM. IMO the Curve 8520 would be an upgrade to the Storm 2 9520, but I'm just ranting here.

Better to err on the side of caution by waiting for user reviews within a month of the phone's release. I would rather read more about the bad about a product rather than the good, though.
    I agree 100% !!! I will no doubt wait until all the excitement turn to anger within the first 5 days of it being released.
    It has happened too many times with the Torch & Storm people just knew it would render every other smartphone obsolete now FFWD to today and look at RIM's stock.
    07-25-11 12:43 PM
    I agree 100% !!! I will no doubt wait until all the excitement turn to anger within the first 5 days of it being released.
    It has happened too many times with the Torch & Storm people just knew it would render every other smartphone obsolete now FFWD to today and look at RIM's stock.
    What gets me is that you being a Phagdroid aka Android fanboi, thats what i lovingly call you people feel the need to come in here and slate RIM and their devices. Seriously have you not got anything better to do??...first it was the playbook...god so many of you iphags and phagdroids came into that forum and trollololed away to your hearts content and now your coming into the 9900/9930 forum and doing the same.

Seriously GTFO and go root your phones FFS
    07-25-11 12:53 PM
    What gets me is that you being a Phagdroid aka Android fanboi, thats what i lovingly call you people feel the need to come in here and slate RIM and their devices. Seriously have you not got anything better to do??...first it was the playbook...god so many of you iphags and phagdroids came into that forum and trollololed away to your hearts content and now your coming into the 9900/9930 forum and doing the same.

I'm nobody's fanboi and I was here before you so deal with it or roll out punk.
    07-25-11 01:49 PM

Ah let them say what they will, everyone is entitled to their opinion I have faith that RIM will pull this off. One good thing is that with everyone's expectations so low, any decent device will be heralded as a miracle.
    07-25-11 01:56 PM
    I'm nobody's fanboi and I was here before you so deal with it or roll out punk.
    I agree that the other guy shouldn't use those kinds of words towards others. However, I don't understand why people like you continue to come on this BlackBerry forum just to trash RIM. You used to have a BlackBerry and now you have moved on to other platforms obviously. If you don't have any information or desire to start positive and constructive discussion then why are you here? Are you that bored in life that you go to random tech forms to put people and companies down to fill a void? Grow up.
    07-25-11 02:34 PM
    I disagree that this could be like the Torch disappointment. I was pretty much disappointed with that phone as soon as I read the specs, let alone had one in my hands. The low screen resolution, the slow processor....I was excited by the concept for sure, but as soon as I read the specs my heart sank. Then when I saw it in action in videos my fears were confirmed - sluggish and unimpressive. The 9900 is a different story...the specs are amazing from the get go, and every video of it I've seen has made my mouth water.

01itr, purijagmohan and imrank128 like this.
    07-25-11 02:43 PM
    I disagree that this could be like the Torch disappointment. I was pretty much disappointed with that phone as soon as I read the specs, let alone had one in my hands. The low screen resolution, the slow processor....I was excited by the concept for sure, but as soon as I read the specs my heart sank. Then when I saw it in action in videos my fears were confirmed - sluggish and unimpressive. The 9900 is a different story...the specs are amazing from the get go, and every video of it I've seen has made my mouth water.

Yep. I think once the official specs for the 9800 came out on paper, we all became weary of the "wow" factor. If only the 9810 was the phone that had originally launched .... Sigh ... The 9800 would have been better 6 to 8 months before it actually released.

The 9900 won't disappoint as long as we get it soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-25-11 02:59 PM
    I agree that the other guy shouldn't use those kinds of words towards others. However, I don't understand why people like you continue to come on this BlackBerry forum just to trash RIM. You used to have a BlackBerry and now you have moved on to other platforms obviously. If you don't have any information or desire to start positive and constructive discussion then why are you here? Are you that bored in life that you go to random tech forms to put people and companies down to fill a void? Grow up.
    This is where your wrong I still have BB and am expressing my opinion from my experiences with them. I'll say it again everyone gets all fired up jumping up & down screaming I gotta have it and their tune changes when they get it. I remember when just last yeay everyone went bat**** over the new Bold on Verizon(which I own) and now look at the forum and all the negativity. The point to my post is stop being so damned sensitive !!!!!
    07-25-11 03:26 PM

What are your views on the Bold 9900's memory then.
    07-25-11 03:28 PM
    Interesting thread

Subscribed

07-25-11 04:26 PM

Dude the playbook sucked,so did the whole storm series lol there's no way around it. And people always hype these new devices from RIM(storm was suppose to be the iphone killer and the playbook was suppose to be better than the ipad, YEAH RIGHT!) and then they always cry about something 3 days later lol don't get mad at the dude for telling the truth, get mad at RIM for making poor quality items

sportline and 1er like this.
    07-25-11 05:12 PM
    storm #3 (or is it no#4) is the new iphone killer but the iphone will be dead by then - killed by samsung galaxy s2. then galaxy s2 kill storm #3. game over.
    07-25-11 11:30 PM
    Dude the playbook sucked,so did the whole storm series lol there's no way around it. And people always hype these new devices from RIM(storm was suppose to be the iphone killer and the playbook was suppose to be better than the ipad, YEAH RIGHT!) and then they always cry about something 3 days later lol don't get mad at the dude for telling the truth, get mad at RIM for making poor quality items

The playbook is completely awesome...at least mine is. When did you buy yours?

imrank128 and dirtynrth like this.
    07-25-11 11:41 PM
    Hmm... I think I may end up buying the 9900 just to spite the haters at this rate.
    07-25-11 11:54 PM
    This day is just full of good news! This honestly reinstills (this is a word right?) my hope in RIM, which was a little devastated after the somewhat unfinished Playbook release. It seems RIM is learning from their past mistakes, and this is one of the most important characteristics in a successful company.

F yeah RIM!! If only I had the disposable income to invest in their stock
    If only I had. Dissposable income to invest in the 9900

07-26-11 12:38 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD