My Curve 3G is fairly new, and it pairs with my Playbook flawlessly. And of course, the Playbook itself is a beast. But, I find myself wanting the 9900 based on the great keyboard, touchscreen, etc.

My question is, now that many of you have had the 99xx for awhile, do you wish that you would have waited for the first QNX devices to come out?

Just looking for opinions.
    08-30-11 12:22 PM
    No.

The first QNX devices are rumored to be all touch...not for me.

And furthermore, it really doesn't matter what you get, there will be something else replacing it soon. Get with what works for you at the time and don't worry about it.
    08-30-11 12:24 PM
    No, there will always be a new device coming out right after another..
    08-30-11 12:25 PM
    Nope, glad I got the 9930, knowing full well a QNX device is coming. This BB is the ultimate BB I've wanted for years and it does what I want/need it to do.
    08-30-11 12:38 PM
    for me it's not about the "new" device but the newer OS.
    compatibility with my existing apps ex Pandora is the main concern
    i learned my lesson from buying the Torch on day 1 ( Aug 12, 2010) and up to now the "genius" from SiriusXM STILL doesn't support the BlackBerry Torch..
    1 freaking year has passed.
    08-30-11 12:41 PM
    No, new stuff comes out all the time and if you wanted for the 'new' device, you wouldn't have time to use any of them.
    08-30-11 12:43 PM
    No. I have had full touch screens before and keyboards. I now know that the keyboard is the way to go.

Treo 700w > XV6800 Horizontal Slide > Storm 1 > Droid 2 > 9930.

Looking back at all of those the Treo 700 had the best form factor so I knew it was time to go back.

Funny I actually just found a picture of the XV6800. The Horizontal Keyboard slides our properly unlike the Droid 2.

08-30-11 12:47 PM
    No i am enjoying mine, but will get the QNX also. I dont think it will be up to snuff to replace my 9900 but to supplement. I like my Playbook but the BBOS is really more mini computer than QNX right now function wise. Until this changes BBOS will be my phone OS of choice
    08-30-11 12:49 PM
    My question is, now that many of you have had the 99xx for awhile, do you wish that you would have waited for the first QNX devices to come out?

Just looking for opinions.
    absolutely no, QNX is still a rumor, even with 9900 -the gadget that already a reality back then- , RIM made lots of delay, let alone waiting it to be released here in Europe (for me), i really cant imagine how long should i wait without certainty, besides, 9900 is perfect in its own way (for me) that i dumped my iP4.
    08-30-11 01:03 PM
    No I knew the QNX devices were coming and I knew what to expect with the 9930...I have no regrets. Besides not having a release date for QNX devices and the rumors of touch screen only devices has me weary. This phone will keep me happy until I am eligible for an upgrade and then, based on what QNX phones are out, I can make a determination on whether to buy one of those phones.
    08-30-11 01:04 PM
    i have no regrets, and I wasn't going to wait for qnx because i already have it on my PB.
    08-30-11 01:08 PM
    im on my pb now and i have no desire for a qnx phone if it has no keyboard...

if the bold 9900 is the last keyboard bb then how many would a person need to buy to last them forever!!??
    08-30-11 01:22 PM
    I just wish I had waited period. Luckily I am still within my 14 day return period with Verizon, so I will be returning mine. I'm not loving my 9930, so I see no reason to keep it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 01:34 PM
    I just wish I had waited period. Luckily I am still within my 14 day return period with Verizon, so I will be returning mine. I'm not loving my 9930, so I see no reason to keep it.

Any reason? I had the 9650 and the keyboard is just so much nicer, among other things.

PS...I hope you don't pull me over
    08-30-11 01:36 PM
    The whole point is that BB7 is a known quantity, just that the 9930 delivers a much, much better experience than previous.

QNX phones are unreleased and an unknown quantity.
    08-30-11 01:39 PM
    NO WAY!!! i love this phone. best blackberry ever released by RIM. im not really interested in 1st "QNX" since rumors has it....its all touchscreen. I need to have a "real" keyboard. The 9900/9930 has what many of us have been asking RIM for. I see myself holding on to this phone for a long time. Im very satisfied
    08-30-11 02:02 PM
    Nope, glad I got the 9930, knowing full well a QNX device is coming. This BB is the ultimate BB I've wanted for years and it does what I want/need it to do.
    Couldn't have said it better. This phone does everything I want and does it well.
    08-30-11 03:08 PM
    NO. I am very happy with my 9930. I am so happy to have a BB again. The 9930 is exactly what I was hoping for. I look forward to the QNX devices but will wait until they have been out for little while to jump on board.
    08-30-11 03:24 PM
    Nope. I love this phone! Bought it full retail, gave up my HTC Incredible and the iphone 4 , and I am very happy that I did. I've had enough phones to know what I do and don't like for my phone and this is it ! This is the best phone I have ever had. What comes in the future remains to be seen.......

08-30-11 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD