I own a 9900 since september and I signed upto a 2 year contract, what would happen to us if RIM goes bankrupt? Would Blackberry services stop? What would the mobile networks do? I hope RIM does not go bankrupt as it is potentially a high earning business like it has been until recent years.
    03-30-12 04:59 AM
    It won't go bankrupt, they've to much cashflow for that, they've got plenty in the bank and no debts... These are not signs of a failing company.
    03-30-12 05:36 AM
    I own a 9900 since september and I signed upto a 2 year contract, what would happen to us if RIM goes bankrupt? Would Blackberry services stop? What would the mobile networks do? I hope RIM does not go bankrupt as it is potentially a high earning business like it has been until recent years.
    If they face the problem then they will find a way out (for sure!) , in the worst case 1 giant company will acquire it so don't worry ^^
    03-30-12 05:38 AM
    I'd buy their NOC's and have everyone pay me for service instead of them, so don't worry!
    03-30-12 05:59 AM
    To properly answer the OP instead of saying no RIM won't go bankrupt;

If RIM fails, the BIS servers most likely be sold to carriers and in return these carriers will earn the entire profit out of it. If not, companies specialized in network and security will buy off the BIS servers.

If I am a small business company, I would buy some of the servers and charge users for it for sure. In Canada, the government regulates how privacy and information should be protected so anyone should be able to buy RIM servers and operate them given they respect the rules.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 03-30-12 at 06:49 AM.
    03-30-12 06:47 AM
    To properly answer the OP instead of saying no RIM won't go bankrupt;
    I think the OP was refering to them failing within the time of his/her cell phone contract.

To that - the answer is they wont. Too much cash on hand.
    03-30-12 06:52 AM
    I think the OP was refering to them failing within the time of his/her cell phone contract.

To that - the answer is they wont. Too much cash on hand.
    You may be right. But I seen a very successful business in construction in Calgary collapsed even with positive cash flow because investors beat the %$#@ of it. The RIM stocks are now almost going in the same direction as that company.

I sure hope RIM come out strong with their BB 10 devices or RIM agree to terms of Google and decide to go with a modified Android OS for their phones.
    03-30-12 07:01 AM
    there are plenty of things in this world to worry about..

whether your already obsolete phone will last another 15 months is not one of them, besides which you have no personal agreement with RIM, but with your carrier.. so if your phone service stops they will give you an early upgrade at least.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-30-12 07:38 AM

whether your already obsolete phone will last another 15 months is not one of them, besides which you have no personal agreement with RIM, but with your carrier.. so if your phone service stops they will give you an early upgrade at least.
    +1 I agree totally. If this is you major worry, .....then don't..... your ahead of the game. When life shows up and REAL worries start coming then .......STRESS
    03-30-12 07:46 AM
    They are not going bankrupt they would merge with another company before that happens. Despite what the media tells you BlackBerry is a very good company. Sure apple has taken a large share of everything but RIM is still strong and a desirable asset to any company. Your phone will still be working in two years. I promise
    James Nieves likes this.
    03-30-12 07:53 AM

Well said.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-30-12 07:56 AM
    All this negative talk is what helps bring a company down. Within 2 years BB 10 will be out and if successful it will be a major player in the smart phone industry. Its too soon to judge where RIM is going to be in a few years.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-30-12 08:18 AM
    You may be right. But I seen a very successful business in construction in Calgary collapsed even with positive cash flow because investors beat the %$#@ of it. The RIM stocks are now almost going in the same direction as that company.

I sure hope RIM come out strong with their BB 10 devices or RIM agree to terms of Google and decide to go with a modified Android OS for their phones.
    I wont disagree that a company can go down fast - but I feel that RIM would literally have to stop pulling in money for them to go down in the next 18-24 months. IMO anyways.
    03-30-12 08:36 AM

I would rather see a hybrid Apple/blackberry than a droid/BB!!
    But that's just me

03-30-12 09:55 AM
    But that's just me

This just will not happen.

Hi Tek likes this.
    03-30-12 12:47 PM
    BB10 will run android apps. That's what "cede the consumer market" means.
    03-30-12 12:58 PM
    Sooooo negative! Dont know why press give Blackberry such a hard time. Not had BB before, but just got a 9900, my wife a has also got a white 9360. Both delighted with the kit. Great for texting/email, no battery issues either.
    03-30-12 01:24 PM
    But that's just me

Who would wanna see apple own more of the cell phone market no thanx anyone is better than apple
    04-10-12 11:41 PM
    All this negative talk is what helps bring a company down. Within 2 years BB 10 will be out and if successful it will be a major player in the smart phone industry. Its too soon to judge where RIM is going to be in a few years.

Bad management is what brings a company down, and RIM has had it in droves for years. If it takes 2 years for OS 10 to come out, the company won't be around for it to see the light of day.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-11-12 02:33 AM
    Sooooo negative! Dont know why press give Blackberry such a hard time. Not had BB before, but just got a 9900, my wife a has also got a white 9360. Both delighted with the kit. Great for texting/email, no battery issues either.
    The press rags on RIM because of their short-sighted management. The Bold would have been a leadership product several years ago, but today, it's yesterday's news. If all you want to do is texting and email, you are in the minority, and because RIM has taken so long to figure this out, their market share has fallen off a cliff. It will be a miracle if the company survives.
    04-11-12 02:39 AM
    The press rags on RIM because of their short-sighted management. The Bold would have been a leadership product several years ago, but today, it's yesterday's news. If all you want to do is texting and email, you are in the minority, and because RIM has taken so long to figure this out, their market share has fallen off a cliff. It will be a miracle if the company survives.

Don't be so ignorant. The company will survive because it has unique features which both business and consumer users still demand.

Some people eh?!

04-11-12 04:54 AM
    i would rather see a hybrid apple/blackberry than a droid/bb!!
    But that's just me

sent from my blackberry 9930 using tapatalk
    witch!!!!!!!!!!:d
    04-11-12 04:57 AM

Not talking about it so other do not know will not help RIM!

Their stock is in the toilet!
    04-11-12 05:34 AM
    RIMM will be back at the top again. What will be incredible to watch is how fast Apple stock falls when the rush to dump shares begins.
    04-11-12 06:59 AM
    RIMM will be back at the top again. What will be incredible to watch is how fast Apple stock falls when the rush to dump shares begins.
    I might believe that RIM can make a comeback but it will not be at the expense of Apple. Too much KoolAid for YOU!
    04-11-12 07:05 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD