Hi so i have a tmoblie 9900 and need to get 3G

I wanted to know if i would change my operating system to voadfone OS 7.0.0.317 will the 9900 then be able to get 3G
    10-05-11 02:30 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

The bands for 3G are preset in the factory. You don't have your carrier listed, but I would have to assume you either have your mobile network set to 2G Only, or the carrier is using a different band than T-Mo for it's 3G network.
    10-05-11 02:48 PM
    Yeah, if you are running an unlocked device on a different network than the device was originally for, there is a chance that the 3G band that your carrier supports is unsupported by the 9900 that you have. My understanding is that the OS has NOTHING to do with this, it is the device hardware. Even if the device is unlocked, each OS is still branded, so for example, an Orange branded OS will not work on a Vodaphone device unless the vendor.xml file is removed. Deleting that file removes the carrier footprint on the OS, but no, it won't make any difference in your 3G service.
    bluffndirty likes this.
    10-05-11 02:54 PM
    This is a hardware issue. T-Mobile uses a diferent frequency band to most other carriers. The hardware to connect to other 3G carriers is simply not present in your phone.

Changing the OS will NOT rectify this problem. Sorry.
    10-05-11 03:34 PM
    Technically the hardware is there, but it's impossible to change the frequencies the phone is flashed to receive/transmit on.
    10-05-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD