View Poll Results: Would you stay with RIM if the 99XX doesn't meet your expectations?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm loyal and always will be.

76 31.28%
  • No. If RIM can't produce products like the competition I'll leave.

57 23.46%
  • I've already jumped ship.

21 8.64%
  • Maybe, it depends how good (or not) it is.

89 36.63%
    If the new Bold 9900 doesn't meet your expectations, lower your expectations.

A Bold is a Bold is a Bold. It'll look and smell the same as the Bold in your hand. Do you think "touching" the screen now makes it a game changer?
    No, but I'm thinking the speed and stability will. No more battery pulls? A Blackberry that can take whatever I throw at it without dramatically slowing down? That's a big leap from my Torch, at least for me.
    07-29-11 06:53 PM
    I am not ashamed to admit that I am a BB Fanboy. However... I am getting really sick of the waiting and waiting for new devices. I waited for the Bold 9000 for months and months through delay after delay. It was the same with the 9700 (which, in my opinion, was inferior to the original Bold) Then yet again with the Torch. It's annoying and frankly, again my opinion, shows a complete lack of consideration for their customers.
    That said, I am so comfortable with the BB OS and after having tried Android and iOS, still simply prefer the OS of the BlackBerry. I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with RIM though. If this device isn't up to snuff then I am most likely going to move on to something different.

Just my two cents
    07-29-11 07:17 PM
    My expectation is that I get the basic BB experience, good battery life, with improved web browsing and improved keyboard and all working nice and speedy.

The touch screen is pretty cool and might be useful here and there, but that keyboard and trackpad are good with me.

Android or iPhone are going to have to produce a good physical keyboard format.

If Windows are wow us with Mango along with the keyboard, I could see that type of phone competing well against my BB affections. (The Office and "Live.com" cloud compatibility would be pretty darn compelling)
    07-29-11 08:42 PM
    I hope so because I'm planning on switching back to blackberry. I'd rather not be switching OS's again after this.
    07-29-11 09:04 PM
    I'd have left already if I found another phone that has a decent keyboard and reasonable form.

So far there isn't one, even though the Dell Venue Pro or whatever looked like it could be good.

As much as I hate the rut that BlackBerry are in and the crap they keep piling out to us and we keep buying, there's nothing else I would rather use as a business centric device.

But realistically from the Bold 9000 to the new 9900 there has been NOTHING really worth upgrading the phone for, which is a pretty pathetic statement when you think about it. Using a Bold 9000 today would be no less productive for me than the 9900 I'm using right now.

Sort it out RIM get QNX on a phone or something as the PlayBook has potential. But you even managed to screw that one up.

</rant>
    07-29-11 10:02 PM
    Today I was emailed a 4.5 MB .PDF which was pushed w/out incident to my Blackberry Bold 9650...
    ...The attachment was also sent to two other individuals I was in the car with.
    ...One of them has an iphone 4 and the other an Android.

Both the Android and the iphone were able to open the .pdf but of course I got the "UNRECOGNIZED DOCUMENT FORMAT. RESEND?"

I'm going to save this attachment and forward it to a demo phone at the Sprint Store and if I get the same result....
    ...It will be time to move to another device and let RIM continue down whatever path it thinks is best.

WOW, of course I got the "maybe it's time to give your Fisher Price phone to yer kid" from the iphone guy.....
    ...The Droid guy just shook his head and made a wise crack about the iphone and rendered a plug for his Droid.

I hope people from RIM actually read these forums because that's the type of thing that should never happen.....
    ...On a phone hyped as a "Business Smart Phone".
    Simba501 likes this.
    07-29-11 10:36 PM
    The 9900 won't be the device that makes it or breaks it for me. That will be the QNX powered devices.

9900 is just something to hold me over for a bit...not digging the Torch form factor as much as i thought I would.
    07-29-11 11:47 PM
    Yeah its amazing, this truncated email crap.

:-) :-) :-)
    07-30-11 09:13 PM
    First off, calm down it's just a poll. I had no intention of painting anyone as a fanboy, I don't come on these forums and think "oh how can I make them seem biased". That notion is just absurd.

And this is the Bold 99XX forum, hence the reason for no Torch 2 option.

And it may not put your calls through faster, but smartphones do more than that now a days. They even have this thing called "apps" for phones now. Pretty cool huh?

It's an option poll and an optional thread. No obligation to read or vote in it. The reason why I didn't put two "yes" options is because I didn't want to fragment the "yes" answers. Don't like my poll, don't vote. Don't like my thread, don't post. Get worked up over nothing, not my problem.

EDIT:Thanks for sending me a message in my inbox on how disturbed you are about my poll. Because you know what, you're right, my plan is to make you all seem biased because I will some how benefit from it.

1. Devise ingenius plan to make Crackberry users seem like idiotic and loyal fanboys.
    2. ???
    3. Profit?
    I'm responding to this only because the OP couldn't get over the fact that I told him what I think of his poll and won't stop harassing me about responding, so here are his private messages along with the requested response.

No reply. That's what I thought. Thanks for the insults that show how immature and ignorant you are
    I like how you didn't reply to any of my points and just called it quits. If you're going to make idiotic accusations than man up and respond. Don't call it quits and walk out just because my points destroy yours. Have a nice day, and grow up.
    Whatever your intention or motive is, or even if you have none, that isn't the point. The point is, that it is in fact, a biased poll with only one reason offered for keeping it, this forcing those with a positive response into that reason. And you said nothing that proves otherwise other than, to paraphrase, "why would I do such a thing". The point is, you did.

What else do you want me to say? I stick by what I said and I'm not sure what you don't understand about it. Now if you insist on fighting about it, take it to PM, like I did to avoid ticking off the mods, not because I am "not a man". I will simply ignore you. I have been banned twice for making the very type of insults that you just made.. Happy now? I will not be wasting my time or others fighting with you in public so stop harassing me in private - I don't have time for you..
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-02-11 at 07:56 PM.
    08-02-11 07:53 PM
    Let's say that the critics are right and RIM isn't what they use to be. The much hyped Bold 9900 doesn't meet YOUR personal expectations. Would you jump ship? Why or why not? And what are your expectations.

Personally if they didn't I wouldn't stay. But I don't see how they can't as I like my Torch and this is just a faster, premium version, of it in a different form factor.
    I'll probably stay in part because I like the fact that I can use most of my blackberry 8330 curve's functions with one hand and I'm expecting this phone to be an even better experience (for example, the track ball on my curve can get stuck some times...).

I dislike touch phones because you have to hold the phone with one hand while typing in text with the other. And in fact, I was talking to somebody at the gym today and he said he broke his blackberry and just got a new android phone which he was showing me. And he complained that he didn't like that he had to use both hands to operate it most of the time compared to his blackberry. The flip side was, he liked the bigger screen and better browsing.

Now if the browser on this new blackberry is really much better than my curve's (I'm running OS 4.5 something), I think I could really dig this new blackberry.
    08-02-11 10:28 PM
    I'm responding to this only because the OP couldn't get over the fact that I told him what I think of his poll and won't stop harassing me about responding, so here are his private messages along with the requested response.

Whatever your intention or motive is, or even if you have none, that isn't the point. The point is, that it is in fact, a biased poll with only one reason offered for keeping it, this forcing those with a positive response into that reason. And you said nothing that proves otherwise other than, to paraphrase, "why would I do such a thing". The point is, you did.

What else do you want me to say? I stick by what I said and I'm not sure what you don't understand about it. Now if you insist on fighting about it, take it to PM, like I did to avoid ticking off the mods, not because I am "not a man". I will simply ignore you. I have been banned twice for making the very type of insults that you just made.. Happy now? I will not be wasting my time or others fighting with you in public so stop harassing me in private - I don't have time for you..
    You were the one that accused me of something absurd on these forums and PMed my first. And now you're the first one to walk away.

And I like how you don't respond to my points, you just say I'm biased, even though I have no personal gain. You say things like there needs to be an option for being content with the 9700, this is a Bold 99XX forum if you haven't noticed. I have responded to your posts and your points and you keep on saying the same thing, without any backing or valid points I might add.

And to be fair (since you aren't) why don't I post the PMs that you neglected too?

Where is the option for "My BOLD 9700 is just fine so I will stick with it?"
    You are attempting to convince people that the only reason people would stick with RIM if the 9900 sucks is that we are braindead fan boys and it is insulting.

How about the 9700 is a solid device reliable device so what else do I need? 9700 plus PlayBook gives me everything - a reliable phone that does everything I could want plus PlayBook for everything else. Where is that on your poll? Just because a new device is out that isn't up to par means I'm supposed to suddenly toss the one I have and go to get some droid device? Why? I would have done that by now. My BOLD is awesome what else can be said? The 9900 can only be better.

Thanks for the insults what are you trying to prove?
    You wan't an option for a Bold 9700 in a thread that's in the Bold 99XX forum? LOL
    Sorry, just don't care and not worth my time.... it's clearly biased, period, I had my say - others can decide for themselves...I don't want to go back and forth on it.
    He PMs me first and then walks away when I respond...nice. Troll much?
    There is nothing to defend, I spoke the truth and you have yet to show me that I'm wrong. I took the time just for you and posted my response, now go away little man, you really do have a complex and a thin skin. I'm done with you.
    Is there nothing to defend or no defense? Don't accuse me of something and than say that you're right w/o proof and walk away.
    08-03-11 01:32 AM
    You were the one that accused me of something absurd on these forums and PMed my first. And now you're the first one to walk away.

And I like how you don't respond to my points, you just say I'm biased, even though I have no personal gain. You say things like there needs to be an option for being content with the 9700, this is a Bold 99XX forum if you haven't noticed. I have responded to your posts and your points and you keep on saying the same thing, without any backing or valid points I might add.

And to be fair (since you aren't) why don't I post the PMs that you neglected too?

You wan't an option for a Bold 9700 in a thread that's in the Bold 99XX forum? LOL

He PMs me first and then walks away when I respond...nice. Troll much?

Is there nothing to defend or no defense? Don't accuse me of something and than say that you're right w/o proof and walk away.
    Relax, it's not worth your time answering him. Your poll had a very fair question with very fair options for answers.

If the 9900 doesn't meet expectations, do you stay? Yes, No, Maybe, I've already left... perfectly acceptable. To add in answers pertaining to the 9700 and playbook would overcomplicate matters and frankly makes absolutely no sense at all.
    twigg likes this.
    08-03-11 03:00 AM

I hope people from RIM actually read these forums because that's the type of thing that should never happen.....
    ...On a phone hyped as a "Business Smart Phone".
    +1....it should specifically handle those types of things significantly better (if you're going to market it as such).

It's possible that something weird happened with the send. Did you try emailing it to your device again to see if you get the same result?
    08-03-11 07:41 AM
    +1....it should specifically handle those types of things significantly better (if you're going to market it as such).

It's possible that something weird happened with the send. Did you try emailing it to your device again to see if you get the same result?
    It's B.I.S. from my understanding that's causing the issue...
    ...& no blackberry works apart from Blackberry internet service.

From what I've heard RIM is going to be updating it's B.I.S. however any pre-OS7 device will not be taking part in it....
    ...For this issue anyone with say, a BB Style or Bold device such as the 9650, 9700 or 9780.
    ...Will be stranded.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-04-11 at 05:45 PM.
    Simba501 likes this.
    08-04-11 05:42 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD