View Poll Results: Would you stay with RIM if the 99XX doesn't meet your expectations?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm loyal and always will be.

76 31.28%
  • No. If RIM can't produce products like the competition I'll leave.

57 23.46%
  • I've already jumped ship.

21 8.64%
  • Maybe, it depends how good (or not) it is.

89 36.63%
08-04-11 05:42 PM
89 1234
tools
    If it comes out soon and the in store performance lives up to my needs I could easily see me return from the Android world. My company is more of a BB house anyways so it would be easier. Too bad I just purchased a new android device, had I even known RIM was developing something worth getting in the game for I might have waited. Recouping the investment is a pita, granted you never get it all back, but I do hope to get most of it to cover the 9930.
    07-28-11 08:36 PM
    Someday rim will make 5" touchscreen torch to replace my dell streak. Without surepress, just swype.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-28-11 08:41 PM
    So.. If you buy the phone and it doesn't meet your expectations, would you stay with RIM?

That's the question.. :P.
    With the plethora of videos/photos/articles/leaks etc. about the 9900 phones, I would be surprised for someone to buy it and find it to be very different from what they already expect (in a bad way). It is still a BlackBerry, just 5x better, or whatever. Faster, probably great battery life, and using one of their best form factors ever. I mean there could be hardware defects and recalls, yes.

Other than that I just do not accept the premise that the fans here on CrackBerry are going to get something that is worse than expected.
    07-28-11 08:48 PM
    Bolds always sell well from bold 1 to 9700. Its rim cash cow...and there are big captive market of bb users upgrading. So it will sell well, at least as good as 9700.

07-28-11 08:57 PM
    Bolds always sell well from bold 1 to 9700. Its rim cash cow...and there are big captive market of bb users upgrading. So it will sell well, at least as good as 9700.

Yes I think there is a lot of pent up demand. But we will see.
    07-28-11 09:00 PM
    Emerging market like indonesia still expanding, torch is selling well, as with bold n curve. Over 5million user now snd growing. a new bold will definitely sell if priced correctly. Torch cost about $500

07-28-11 09:07 PM
    Would a less than usual say iPhone 4 battery life keep you guys from it? I wouldn't really mind TOO much carrying around a second battery but I would prefer not too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 09:17 PM
    We all have, to various degrees, contracted Stockholm Syndrome whereas Blackberry is concerned.....
    ...It would be interesting to know if the demographics of BB users in each persons company.
    ...Is similar to what it is for me.

I'm the ONLY one within Mgmt at my company who is still on a Berry....
    ...Just the other day I got called out to a bar to help one of our Add guys from the east coast.
    ...Set up a pop email account on his new iphone 4 - and took a raft of dung as to why I was still on a Berry.

I'm guessing a similar story could be told by each member of this site....
    ...God help us.
    Actually my boss tried Android, purchased a samsung Charge and tried desperately to use it for a month. Integration with Outlook, handling email tasks amongst other daily tasks became such a hassle that he went back to his Tour. I am trying to convince him the 9930 will be the way to go when it arrives. Battery would be dead daily by 11am.
    07-29-11 04:23 AM
    It would have to sink pretty low for me to jump ship. For me it comes down to money really. I have a family plan with unlimited talk, text, and web for 130 a month with tmobile. I want to experience as much of the same things as I can as those who pay 250 a month for the same thing while rockin the latest iphone ipad family plan setup.

Blackberry is good for many things, the professional features are nice for the nursing registries I keep in touch with, and for union stuff, cant bring my phone into the prison so its a mute point there.

But mostly I can do most anything the latest iphone can do, presumably, with the 9900 for 120 a month less.... Yeah it would have to fall more than 1400 bucks a year worth shy of that iphone mark for me to switch.
    07-29-11 08:34 AM
    Just wait for another interim device. Certainly something good will come out.
    07-29-11 08:41 AM
    No way....I came from a slow curve 8300 to Bold 9700..which was perfect and does everything I need it to do. Now the one thing I hated about my Bold 9700 was how much smaller it was when compared to 9000. I believe that the 9900 is even wider than the 9000.......I hope...
    07-29-11 08:45 AM
    it really matters because the 9900 is the best one around right now!! i think RIM will take some time to cut the iphone out of the competition but eventually it will!
    07-29-11 09:14 AM
    you people keep saying you'll get the QNX next spring...what? really? Show of hands, how many of you believe that RIM will have a QNX phone in the spring of 2012 (and I don't mean announced, but RELEASED). I for one do not believe they will have a QNX phone until, at least fall 2012, and that's me being optimistic.
    07-29-11 09:41 AM
    you people keep saying you'll get the QNX next spring...what? really? Show of hands, how many of you believe that RIM will have a QNX phone in the spring of 2012 (and I don't mean announced, but RELEASED). I for one do not believe they will have a QNX phone until, at least fall 2012, and that's me being optimistic.

Thats why I would just purchase the 9930 and then when my next upgrade is available - RIM should be out with that (end of 2012 - 2013).... never hold out - take whats there cause you never know . . . .
    07-29-11 09:46 AM
    The Qwerty candybar - the not so forgotten form factor
    look here something interesting, if not cliche
    07-29-11 10:05 AM
    And what a biased poll - my answer is not on there. You're trying to force people into one reason for staying "Im loyal and always will be." Like we are robotic morons if we stay, and the only reason would be if we are braindead fanboys..That is NOT the only reason for staying. I hate biased polls.

If the 9900 is not up to my expectations, I would simply stay with the BOLD 9700 that has served all my needs for the last three years, and not because I'm loyal, it is because it is an awesome reliable device.. It does everything I could ever want and what it can't do I have the Playbook for. No reason to leave. Touch would be nice but not a necessity. Besides what if I want the Torch 2? No allowance of that in your poll.

This is stupid. The outcome of this poll means nothing
    07-29-11 10:24 AM
    Why do I need a SUPERPHONE to make phone calls and check email and text messages?
    I have a super PLayBook for everything else. Something a phone can never be.
    07-29-11 10:38 AM
    Wow, it is a tough call. It all depends on what happens this Fall + the ATT/Tmo merger. Personally I am really torn. I like the MyTouch Slide 4g I want to see if the new iphone 5 will make it to Tmo and I am really looking forward to the 9900. I am a bit upset with RIM as of late and have seriously considered jumping ship a few times. I love my 9700. I just dont know how long I will keep it. I have been up for a new phone since February and have been waiting patiently for the new BB's. Lets hope it all its cracked up to be. If not I am sure there are quite a few goodies coming this Fall. I am very skeptical of the QNX phones being ready for Spring 2012. I would say they are over a year out. Hopefully I am wrong though. We shall see.
    07-29-11 10:44 AM
    I am a big dependent on battery life, so I've been jumping back and forth between the iPhone and BlackBerry. I'm currently running a BB 9780 on T-Mobile and I'm awaiting the day that something better comes along.

I rely heavily on my phone for email and messaging, so the BlackBerry's physical keyboard is outdone by nobody, in my eyes. The only thing that's ever come close to stealing me is the iPhone and honestly, I hate that it's that way.

I've been a RIM supporter for as long as I can remember. If the 9900 series isn't what it's cracked up to be, whatever. I'll wait around for the QNX devices next year. That said, I'm a technology nut as well, so I'll probably end up buying the 9900 and the iPhone 5 and using whichever I like best.
    07-29-11 11:15 AM
    Seems to me QNX will just be a battery drainer...it won't put my calls through any faster...
    07-29-11 12:18 PM
    And what a biased poll - my answer is not on there. You're trying to force people into one reason for staying "Im loyal and always will be." Like we are robotic morons if we stay, and the only reason would be if we are braindead fanboys..That is NOT the only reason for staying. I hate biased polls.

If the 9900 is not up to my expectations, I would simply stay with the BOLD 9700 that has served all my needs for the last three years, and not because I'm loyal, it is because it is an awesome reliable device.. It does everything I could ever want and what it can't do I have the Playbook for. No reason to leave. Touch would be nice but not a necessity. Besides what if I want the Torch 2? No allowance of that in your poll.

U contradicted yourself between ur paragraphs

twigg likes this.
    07-29-11 12:25 PM
    can't believe that we are having this conversation. i reckon that this bold that is coming out will be an awesome phone miles above the rest of the pack. the fact that it's touch screen is just icing on the cake. the bigger screen real estate, higher resolution coupled with the increased hardware specs it's definitely going to rock world of BB users.
    can't wait. bring on the 9900 RIM
    07-29-11 01:10 PM
    If the new Bold 9900 doesn't meet your expectations, lower your expectations.

A Bold is a Bold is a Bold. It'll look and smell the same as the Bold in your hand. Do you think "touching" the screen now makes it a game changer?
    07-29-11 01:24 PM
    U contradicted yourself between ur paragraphs

How so? I like my Bold and would stick with it because I like my bold, and prefer it to other devices not because I have some blind loyalty to blackberrys, if that's what you'r'e trying to get at. If I like the 9900 better I will get that , if not I wont . That's why this is a stupid question and biased poll.

OP wants to imply that the only reason we might get it is because of blind loyalty and closed mindedness..leaving that as the only option for a yes vote.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-29-11 at 01:39 PM.
    07-29-11 01:33 PM
    And what a biased poll - my answer is not on there. You're trying to force people into one reason for staying "Im loyal and always will be." Like we are robotic morons if we stay, and the only reason would be if we are braindead fanboys. I hate biased polls.No reason to leave. Touch would be nice but not a necessity. Besides what if I want the Torch 2? No allowance of that in your poll.

do I need a SUPERPHONE to make phone calls and check email and text messages?
    I have a super PLayBook for everything else. Something a phone can never be.

OP wants to imply that the only reason we might get it is because of blind loyalty and closed mindedness..leaving that as the only option for a yes vote.
    First off, calm down it's just a poll. I had no intention of painting anyone as a fanboy, I don't come on these forums and think "oh how can I make them seem biased". That notion is just absurd.

And this is the Bold 99XX forum, hence the reason for no Torch 2 option.

And it may not put your calls through faster, but smartphones do more than that now a days. They even have this thing called "apps" for phones now. Pretty cool huh?

It's an option poll and an optional thread. No obligation to read or vote in it. The reason why I didn't put two "yes" options is because I didn't want to fragment the "yes" answers. Don't like my poll, don't vote. Don't like my thread, don't post. Get worked up over nothing, not my problem.

EDIT:Thanks for sending me a message in my inbox on how disturbed you are about my poll. Because you know what, you're right, my plan is to make you all seem biased because I will some how benefit from it.

1. Devise ingenius plan to make Crackberry users seem like idiotic and loyal fanboys.
    2. ???
    3. Profit?
    Last edited by Twig978; 07-29-11 at 06:46 PM.
    07-29-11 06:35 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD