View Poll Results: Would you stay with RIM if the 99XX doesn't meet your expectations?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm loyal and always will be.

76 31.28%
  • No. If RIM can't produce products like the competition I'll leave.

57 23.46%
  • I've already jumped ship.

21 8.64%
  • Maybe, it depends how good (or not) it is.

89 36.63%
    They did, they just didn't word it like a child looking for attention.
    Wow! Did i ruffle your feathers there? What is wrong with having a button that says that? This would be good info for RIM, to be honest. It would show if loyal people were going to jump ship without first evaluating the product "in their hands".

This is much like the recent data that suggests about a third of people will buy iPhone 5 without seeing it.

The 9900 is too little too late IMHO. There will be too many once very loyal people (myself included) giving up their loyalty soon. The market is seeing this too, that is why RIM is being punished with their recent stock price massacre.
    07-28-11 05:18 AM
    As Phyton (#22) said, I think that my expectations are lower than the rest:

I'm just looking for a good phone, with a good keyboard and battery life, e-mails and good notifications on my usually frequent apps like Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare. I think in this way Blackberry makes my "ideal" phone. I don't need any Apps or games, would be great to have some, but Android or iOS doesn't cover what I need in terms of keyboard, notifications and batterylife.

I prefer a good phone with my 3 or 4 apps working well, receiving notifications at instant and no need to care about the batterylife than having lots of fun for half the day.

This is my personal opinion, and that is why I think I will be a Blackberry user for at least sometime.
    07-28-11 06:11 AM
    No matter what kind of phone on what platform there is always going to be something about it that doesn't live up to your expectations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Xader likes this.
    07-28-11 06:28 AM
    I love how everyone assumes that QNX will be released next year.

07-28-11 07:20 AM
    What expectations??...from what i have saw and read, it seems to me that the 9900 will be the ultimate BB device and so it should be. I dont have any real or major expectations other than it works perfectly fine for me...which judging by the videos and reports from people here who have one, seems to be the case.

My only real issue is that like the past BB devices i have had, perhaps there might be some build issues but im really hoping thats not the case.
    07-28-11 07:35 AM
    I really can't see how the 9900 will be a disappointment to me,

my realistic expectations are that it will be an evolutionary change from OS6,
    I don't expect anything groundbreaking nor do I really expect they will have fixed the issues I have with Blackberry.

What I do expect is a faster device seeing as it has double the processor and a GPU, what I do expect is it will deliver my email, bbm, and other notifications in a passive manner and I expect the keyboard will still be best in class,

I buy a new phone every year so this will be a great device for me to evaluate QNX devices as they come out, and Windows 7/8 devices
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-28-11 07:35 AM
    If it doesn't meet my expectation I would NOT jump ship, my 9780 sucks cus it runs the worst smartphone os apart from symbian ( yes meego is better than bb os ) but I use bb because almost everybody in my country is using a bb because of bbm, so I can't leave unless the bbm fun dies out..
    I love the 9900 but I have no choice else, fu.ck the useless bb os and i would get sweet galaxy s2 with Mango

07-28-11 08:11 AM
    ...my 9780 sucks cus it runs the worst smartphone os apart from symbian
    User Error

07-28-11 08:13 AM
    I'm sure it will be just what I need. The amount of email I handle daily would make anyone go crazy. all touchscreens, although fancy, app friendly, just don't cut it. IF RIM disappoints then I will have to look at other options with a hardware keyboard. I loved my 9000 so I am not too worried.
    07-28-11 08:20 AM
    Wow! Did i ruffle your feathers there? What is wrong with having a button that says that? This would be good info for RIM, to be honest. It would show if loyal people were going to jump ship without first evaluating the product "in their hands".

This is much like the recent data that suggests about a third of people will buy iPhone 5 without seeing it.

The 9900 is too little too late IMHO. There will be too many once very loyal people (myself included) giving up their loyalty soon. The market is seeing this too, that is why RIM is being punished with their recent stock price massacre.
    lol, well I think ruffled my feathers would be a bit much, but I did think exactly what I wrote.

The option "I've already jumped ship" perfectly covers those that are currently using another device and those who have no interest in future devices and will be jumping ship. Because what really is the difference? You are either holding out for the release of the 9900 which means you do not fit in this category, or you are not yet upgrading your phone and jumping ship becuase of a current contract.
    twigg likes this.
    07-28-11 08:28 AM
    I'll check out the 9900 at a Rogers store when it's released. I usually get the new iPhone then sell it a few months later afterr the novelty wears off and go back to BlackBerry. Something about those new damn iPhones always makes me want one, but now that a BlackBerry actually has competitive specs, it should be an easy decision.

07-28-11 09:48 AM
    So.. If you buy the phone and it doesn't meet your expectations, would you stay with RIM?

That's the question.. :P.
    Ahh. In that case.
    Yes. If RIM dies, however.
    I'm jump to android.

07-28-11 09:55 AM
    I love how everyone assumes that QNX will be released next year.

I cant understand why people would beleive that either. Don't they need about 6 or 7 OS7 devices first? And they can't get one of those seven to the public? That's like waiting for white collar criminals to step forward and confess all their crimes.
    07-28-11 11:48 AM
    We all have, to various degrees, contracted Stockholm Syndrome whereas Blackberry is concerned.....
    ...It would be interesting to know if the demographics of BB users in each persons company.
    ...Is similar to what it is for me.

I'm the ONLY one within Mgmt at my company who is still on a Berry....
    ...Just the other day I got called out to a bar to help one of our Add guys from the east coast.
    ...Set up a pop email account on his new iphone 4 - and took a raft of dung as to why I was still on a Berry.

I'm guessing a similar story could be told by each member of this site....
    ...God help us.
    07-28-11 12:00 PM
    i really want this one.......
    07-28-11 12:24 PM
    I just started to look at BB again and the 9930 and 9850 both have caught my attention. I love the BB KB and based on the specs it looks like a great phone. The only thing I am not familiar with is the current OS.
    07-28-11 12:48 PM
    I don't buy any phone unless I have a fair degree of confidence going in that it will meet my expectations. My Torch exceeded the expectations I had for it. It still performs everything I need it to very well; but I surely won't turn down something that does it even better and quicker. By all indications, the 9900 is superior to the Torch in every way ... I don't see how I could possibly be disappointed, unless every individual who has reviewed one here is a lying sack of crap, and I just don't see that being likely.

07-28-11 01:38 PM
    Geez...it's a personal preference thing. You don't have to be "loyal". It's a frickin' phone for christ'ssake. Go where you wanna go and come back when you want to come back. I've left for now and might be back or maybe not. And nobody cares but me. I don't know if the grass is greener till I go check it out. Doesn't mean I'm not loyal, only means I'm curious and flexible. Checking out other options is fun and interesting.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    07-28-11 03:39 PM
    In my case my expectations are no doubt low compared to many others.....
    ...I Need, first and foremost, a rock solid cell phone - Blackberry is still leading the pack in that area.

2nd, I need the battery to last a full and hard day. ( again Blackberry rules the roost here ).

3rd I Need solid email with the ability to take a good picture and video if needed. ( Again Blackberry is on top of this ).
    As Phyton (#22) said, I think that my expectations are lower than the rest:

I'm just looking for a good phone, with a good keyboard and battery life, e-mails and good notifications on my usually frequent apps like Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare. I think in this way Blackberry makes my "ideal" phone. I don't need any Apps or games, would be great to have some, but Android or iOS doesn't cover what I need in terms of keyboard, notifications and batterylife.

I prefer a good phone with my 3 or 4 apps working well, receiving notifications at instant and no need to care about the batterylife than having lots of fun for half the day.

This is my personal opinion, and that is why I think I will be a Blackberry user for at least sometime.

Exactly the reasons I got a BB and will likely stay with them for many years. Never have hassle with them, they're robust (look at the iPhones up until the 4, couldn't drop them at all without the screen breaking) and they do exactly what I need. Not to mention, QWERTY keyboard....
    07-28-11 03:53 PM
    From the videos I've seen, it has definitely met and exceeded my expectations.
    07-28-11 04:20 PM
    I admit I'm a RIM fanboy. I can't leave Blackberry.

I stay with them because I can get my work email to my phone. There is no other way that I can get necessary work emails because its my personal phone and there is no way I can forward my work email to another type of phone (government). The wife also loves her BB and she will always stay with RIM so I am, by default, with RIM to the end (which I hope is very far off).
    07-28-11 05:04 PM
    there is really nothing to say. this is my dream blackberry. nothing else can touch it.
    07-28-11 05:20 PM
    I cant understand why people would beleive that either. Don't they need about 6 or 7 OS7 devices first? And they can't get one of those seven to the public? That's like waiting for white collar criminals to step forward and confess all their crimes.
    RIM being on time is like...well...RIM being on time. I doubt with their track record that QNX can be out in 2012 but I'm sure that they will at least produce a few more devices in 2012. The smartphone market produces phones all the time, I see no reason why RIM wouldn't.
    07-28-11 05:54 PM
    It really depends how good it is. I've already jumped from a bold 9650 to an iPhone 4. I've also had extensive time on the incredible and droidx. I'm pretty excited for the 9930 to drop so I can get back to BB land but if it doesn't do what I need (although I'm sure it will since all I do is text, email, and occasionally websurf) then I'll probably go back to an iOS device. iOS is good but it has its drawbacks for what I need out of my phone. I'm hoping the 9930 will be what the 9650 was but with better internals and keyboard.
    07-28-11 06:25 PM
    it would take A LOT to make me leave RIM. I'm a fanboy through and through.
    07-28-11 08:10 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD