My Bold 9900 was set up with two rows of icons on the home screen. When I hit the escape key, the two rows would drop down and no icons would be on the home screen. when I hit the arrow once, the two rows came up - hit again, all came up. It stopped working like this and it just shows two rows or all - I can't get it to drop down to none on the home screen. I know how to adjust to show how many rows by holding the arrow and moving it, but the ability to show two and then none together stopped working. Anyone know how to get this back? Thank you.
    02-28-12 07:10 AM
    Did you tried a battery pull?
    02-28-12 07:17 AM
    Yes, I tried a battery pull. It did not work. Thanks.
    02-28-12 07:23 AM
    I've never been able to show none or two. You can only show none then all, show one or all, and show two or all.

Also, the back key never minimizes or maximizes the home row. Only the menu button will.
    02-28-12 10:04 AM
    Maybe it is a feature of 7.1 - I don't know. It was my default after I downloaded 7.1. I was able to show two, then none by hitting the back key - not the menu key. Yesterday it stopped working and I can't figure out how to get it back because I really like it!
    02-28-12 10:09 AM
    I've never been able to show none or two. You can only show none then all, show one or all, and show two or all.

Also, the back key never minimizes or maximizes the home row. Only the menu button will.
    On mine, the esc key does minimize.

There used to be an option in the theme settings as to how many rows to show. Not sure when that changed as I always had mine set to 'none'. I'm now on 7.1.267 and notice that option is not there.
    02-28-12 10:18 AM
    Now I see it... I remember now. I always have mine set to none. I've never been able to set it to 2 then show none.
    02-28-12 10:33 AM
    Gwab da arrow and pull it down!
    02-28-12 02:39 PM
    press the blackberry button on phone, click options then go down and click reset setttings and see if that works.
    02-28-12 03:25 PM
    I've never had that functionality on my 9930. It's none or all, one row or all, and two rows or all.
    02-28-12 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions but none work.

The options menu allows some customization - wallpaper, download folder, and what homescreen panels show.

Honestly don't know how I got that feature to begin with but had it for about 3 months and liked it. I thought someone might know how to get it back. So far, no solution.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
    02-29-12 07:50 AM
    Did you reload the OS? or put a new OS on?
    02-29-12 09:55 AM
    I did not put a new OS or make any changes to the OS. I changed the OS about 3 months ago and that is when I got this feature. But I did not do any updates that caused it to go away. Thanks.
    02-29-12 10:53 AM
    Hello dear, if you're talking about the navigation bar, all you need to do is to hold your finger on that little arrow, and drag it up and down to the one or two rows that you prefer.
    02-29-12 10:58 AM
    Jace,

I don't think you read my initial post properly. Yes - it is easy to change the number of rows that are the default by moving the arrow bar up and down. I think you midssed the point - I was able to toggle between 2 rows, 0 rows and All - without moving the arrow bar around. That feature vanished. I am trying to get it back. Thanks for your response.
    edhigh.end likes this.
    02-29-12 11:03 AM
    Oh, sorry Speedyspy, i overlooked that point. I'm sorry, that sucks! I hope someone can come along with a solution for you soon.
    02-29-12 11:05 AM
    Jace,

I don't think you read my initial post properly. Yes - it is easy to change the number of rows that are the default by moving the arrow bar up and down. I think you midssed the point - I was able to toggle between 2 rows, 0 rows and All - without moving the arrow bar around. That feature vanished. I am trying to get it back. Thanks for your response.

I got a brand new Blackberry 9930 with versiion 7.1.0 bundle 457 and my husban received the same phone but he has the navigation bar that goes up and down to hide all home screen columns/icons (it came that way on his phone). I checked all his settings but I dont now how his phone has the capability to make the home screen wall paper visible. How can I do this on my phone? Please help as I keep see All, Favorites, frequent and all the other bars and no option to get the arrow navigation bar.
    06-02-12 05:10 PM
    I got a brand new Blackberry 9930 with versiion 7.1.0 bundle 457 and my husban received the same phone but he has the navigation bar that goes up and down to hide all home screen columns/icons (it came that way on his phone). I checked all his settings but I dont now how his phone has the capability to make the home screen wall paper visible. How can I do this on my phone? Please help as I keep see All, Favorites, frequent and all the other bars and no option to get the arrow navigation bar.

Drag it down then you can press the menu twice to show homescreen icons and then press the menu twice again to hide.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    06-02-12 07:29 PM
    Drag it down then you can press the menu twice to show homescreen icons and then press the menu twice again to hide.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    I think it is odd that the only way to control this "hide/show" initially (and also how many rows of icons show) is using the Touchscreen and that there is not a menu function to enable/disable it. I guess it is the hybrid nature of the touch-keyboard and an option that is carried over from the touchscreen only phones.
    06-02-12 10:57 PM
    This is very late and you all probably know this.

To the Blackberry poster that wanted the Home screen to display either 3 icons or 0 icons by simply pressing the menu or escape key.

The answer is, on the Blackberry 9930, it is a touchscreen phone. Put your finger on the phone itself on top of the highlighted row entitled "All" and drag it to the bottom of the phone manually on the screen itself. This will eliminate all icons from the screen, thus displaying only your wallpaper. Then, double tap your menu button in order to "lock in" what you have just done to the display of your phone. This will cause the phone to either display 0 icons or 3 icons depending upon your pressing of the escape or menu screens. (It will display back and forth, three icons vs. 0 icons, just by pushing the menu key.)

I hope this helps.
    12-02-12 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD