Hi all, I've been lurking on the website for some time but just set up a forum account. My question revolves around call clarity and quality of the new BB 9900 phones.

The reason I'm asking is my iPhone 4 seems to lately just have bad reception and weak signals here in southern Ontario - almost like its degraded over time. As well, the more I think about the only think iPhone has going for it is the apps, which I'll admit aren't really used by me that often...great you can use them but i don't use many of them.

Any info. would be great, thanks guys!
    (if anyone has owned both it would be even better!)

Posted this in general as well, trying to get numerous responses.
    08-16-11 07:53 PM
    I never really had great signal strength on my iPhone 4. My Motorola Atrix is good and my Bold 9900 has been pretty good also. Call quality and clarity hands down goes to the 9900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 07:57 PM
    I just sold my iphone 4 today when my Blackberry 9930 came in and all I can say is WOW, tHIS THING IS A WORK OF ART, the call quality is superb. I can say that this is a phone and not a mutimedia device with phone capabilities.
    08-16-11 08:03 PM
    I am coming from an iphone4 also, the call quality and reception are both better on the bold.
    08-16-11 08:03 PM
    Okay, that kind of leads into my next question. If I signed a 3 year contract and Im 1 year in, would I have to sell my I4, take my sim out, keep my plan and pay off the early termination fee?

What happens when someone else tries to set up the i4 on itunes? Dont they need my email too?

Thanks again guys!
    08-16-11 08:06 PM
    once you sign out of tunes on your iphone anyone can set up an account on the iphone.
    08-16-11 08:11 PM
    Not sure how ATT is as im on Verizon. I have sold a couple of iphones and I always just wipe my info from the phone and I meet the buyer at Verizon. They will handle it from there. No they will not need your email, they will setup there own account.
    08-16-11 08:11 PM
    Great, thanks for all the information guys!
    08-16-11 08:23 PM
    I just switched over from an iPhone 4 , and the bb 9900 definitely has better sound quality and what seems like reception. The store that I work in I had times where the other person heard me but i was very choppy (some words were heard others werent) im using same provider with the 9900 and im getting much better reception
    08-16-11 08:25 PM
    The early termination fee might be higher than you think, especially with a data plan. I was about 10 months into my contract when I got my 9900. I was told I'd get charged the maximum of $400 for an early hardware upgrade, and then I'd have to pay for the phone and activation fee. It made no sense to not buy the phone without a contract.

08-16-11 08:34 PM
    The early termination fee might be higher than you think, especially with a data plan. I was about 10 months into my contract when I got my 9900. I was told I'd get charged the maximum of $400 for an early hardware upgrade, and then I'd have to pay for the phone and activation fee. It made no sense to not buy the phone without a contract.

I think its 15 bucks a month...times how many months left on the contract. Could be pricy if I choose to switch up phones, but selling the i4 would pretty much pay for that.
    08-16-11 09:30 PM
    I believe it used to be $15, then it was bumped up to $20. However, that's only for a voice plan. Data is an extra $10, making it $30 per month. You may want to call in and double check, because I'm going by what I remember from my experience.

08-16-11 09:34 PM
    How come you guys don't just find someone to take over your contracts? Offer to give your previous phone for free with the contract take over?
    08-16-11 09:35 PM
    It is $20 a month on Rogers. Yes selling the iphone 4 would help bigtime. I sold mine 2 weeks ago for $400 and it was a year old. Sold in 20 min after placing it on the net locally

08-16-11 09:35 PM
    How come you guys don't just find someone to take over your contracts? Offer to give your previous phone for free with the contract take over?
    Would you both walk into the store, switch it over
    And that's it? Do many people do that? Do the big 3 allow it?
    08-16-11 10:35 PM
    I will say coming from iphone4 to the BB9930 call clarity and quality is much better on the bold, email is better, notifications are better the feel of the device to me is better. Only down fall so far has been the browser.. But I guess I want a work horse not a clown..
    08-16-11 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD