Put the flame throwers away folks. I just got the 9900 because of a couple of rebates in place. T-Mobile has a sale today for their 4G phones. In addition, RIM is offering up to $100 rebate for upgrading.
    I was not going to get the 9900 if I had to pay the normal upgrade price (~$300). Between these 2 programs, however, I get the phone for free, PLUS the $100. So I am, in fact, being paid to use it. Still going thru the setup, but loving everything about it, with the possible exception of the battery life. I still need to upgrade the OS to 7.1, and I lost a few apps that don't have 7.0 capability yet.
    Thank you for making a liar out of me RIM!!
    02-11-12 06:07 PM
    Lucky guy. Wish we have same offer here up north. enjoy!
    02-11-12 06:17 PM
    Lucky you! I paid Sprint's $199 upgrade price and, although free +$100 would be awesome, I'd pay it again in a heartbeat. Loving my Bold - enjoy!!
    02-11-12 10:30 PM
    I upgraded my 2 1/2 year old 9700 today with t-mobile. I qualified for the full rebate from t-mobile, 100 from BB and 70 from BB trade up. Then I called T-mobile customer care with a question about their rebate and the guy said I qualified for a $200 instant credit to my account if I would agree to extend the other four lines on my account for two years. Said it would not effect the upgrade eligibility on the other lines so I said sure, I had to listen to a recorded message and agree to the terms.

Getting use to the phone, like the touch screen with keyboard and larger screen real estate. So far not use to the bigger size and feel in the hand when holding it. Battery life does not seem as good, will see once my usage patterns return to normal.

I will miss my 9700 it was a great phone and still going strong! I paid full price for the 9700 and never regretted it. At this time I am glad I will be getting the 9900 for free. One big plus I can use the web browser without getting the page too large message. Liked the keyboard on the 9700, I like the 9900 keyboard just as well, feel like I can type on it faster.

I was going to wait till the BB 10 phones were released even though I have not seen anything that appealed to me. Then this opportunity popped up and decided could not go wrong making money that I could use to buy a future Blackberry phone If one did come along that I could not live without.
    Zirak likes this.
    02-12-12 12:00 AM
    egzbuen has holster down his weapon in time

enjoy your 9900
    02-12-12 12:12 AM
    Nice deals you guys got. My carrier Rogers in Canada has options not as attractive. Pay $550 no term, $100 for a 3 yr term. I paid $300 for the 9900 for a 9 day used from Rogers (no term) I hate locking in to a cel company. Only other option was craigslist, no thanks
    02-12-12 12:32 AM
    We Canadians need international mobile companies in this global economy. But hay, Bulls, Robbers and Billus pay a lot and suck our MPs and PMs @$&ks to keep competition away.
    02-12-12 12:38 AM
    I wish that AT&T would offer me the phone for free. Seems as if they are one of the only carriers not offering rebates.

Getting it free and possibly making some money off upgrading, would motivate me to go ahead and take the plunge. Sometimes being on AT&T just bites!
    02-17-12 10:18 PM
    I am still sitting on the fence (enjoying my 9700) deciding if I should pull the trigger on a 9900 or hold off until the bb10 comes out.. I really only want to remote control my PB and show off to my ifriends. Its a hard decision to upgrade twice in a year to get a bb10.
    02-17-12 11:16 PM
    If you like it now, you will cream your britches when you put 7.1.0.267 on it.
    02-17-12 11:26 PM
    I am still sitting on the fence (enjoying my 9700) deciding if I should pull the trigger on a 9900 or hold off until the bb10 comes out.. I really only want to remote control my PB and show off to my ifriends. Its a hard decision to upgrade twice in a year to get a bb10.
    I was in the same boat as you. What finally pushed me over was the deal (mentioned in my OP) and the fact that I don't know if TMO is even going to offer BB10. My 9700 was getting really slow and I was pulling the battery multiple times per day. So now, IF TMO offers the BB10, I'll see whether I want it bad enough to pay full list for it.
    02-17-12 11:54 PM
    I have now had the phone a week. Gotten use to the size difference and love the touch screen. Like the keyboard even better than 9700 and the battery life will get me through the day just barely. I did install the leaked .267 and seems as if the battery is even better.

I would say go ahead and get the 9900 especially if you can get a deal, I would not pay full price. I have not encountered any issues/problems in the week that I have used the phone. I am also for the first time locking my phone and find using the app patternLock to be easy to use and quick to unlock when constantly removing phone to read texts, emails and tweets. entering a password every time was slow and a pain unlocking, being able to swipe a pattern on screen is great!
    02-18-12 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD