I had a Storm 9530 (my first BlackBerry and my first smartphone) that I used for over two years which was recently retired and i went iPhone 4 for a fresh experience.

I have nothing against BlackBerry, it's not the most flashy or super-smooth working device but it got the job done for me. After seeing the Bold Touch I am kinda attracted into wanting to own it. If it is released for VZW I would probably pick this up and connect it for work even though I have the iPhone.

But I'd probably say that my wanting to own this device is more due to the hardware advances RIM finally made rather than OS 6.1.
    04-13-11 11:51 PM
    Yeah unless the liquid-graphic-thingy-whatever stuff eats up CPU power all the time, this next gen stuff should give new meaning to the overused and nauseating word "snappy".
    04-14-11 04:16 AM
    It looks and sounds pretty sweet, but like buying a car, beware of a pretty face I am looking forward to a few features in the new OS.
    04-14-11 07:57 AM
    it looks really thin! cant wait to get this thing
    04-14-11 10:14 AM
    I'm pretty sure this will be out on Verizon. The road maps and every thing else show both CDMA ad GSM phones.
    04-14-11 10:30 AM
    i just hope o2 will get it ._.
    04-14-11 10:35 AM
    It looks and sounds pretty sweet, but like buying a car, beware of a pretty face I am looking forward to a few features in the new OS.
    I'd wait for a couple of months first before getting the device. I'm pretty sure there will be issues which will be fixed months after it's released. And besides, it's always better to check reviews firsy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 11:42 AM
    Liquidy graphic stuff? What do you mean by this??

04-15-11 07:39 PM
    I'd wait for a couple of months first before getting the device. I'm pretty sure there will be issues which will be fixed months after it's released. And besides, it's always better to check reviews firsy

Most of the bugs will most likely be software related, IMO, and can/will be fixed via software updates, so for me theres no reason to wait a few months.

Has there ever been a RIM release that had hardware issues and needed to be replaced soon after its release?
    04-18-11 02:33 PM
    6.1 isn't really that large of a jump like os4 to os5 or os5 to os6, so I wouldn't expect a large number of issues to begin with.
    04-18-11 02:53 PM
    Yeah unless the liquid-graphic-thingy-whatever stuff eats up CPU power all the time, this next gen stuff should give new meaning to the overused and nauseating word "snappy".
    I saw a license plate on a recent trip to St. Louis...it was SNAPPY7.

Now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a pic, for use in threads about new leaks/hybrids.
    04-18-11 11:25 PM
    I can't wait to try this.

But I have one "concern".....

I use an Otterbox Commuter case with my 9650, and it works great. I like having the protection the case offers. But on the Bold Touch, it seems to be such a sweet looking device, I might have to go naked. But then I have concerns about tons o scratches.

What to do.....
    04-22-11 10:00 AM
    I can't wait to try this.

But I have one "concern".....

I use an Otterbox Commuter case with my 9650, and it works great. I like having the protection the case offers. But on the Bold Touch, it seems to be such a sweet looking device, I might have to go naked. But then I have concerns about tons o scratches.

What to do.....
    I would love to get a case like Otterbox but I use bolds charging pods located at the bottom of the phone to charge the phone and its so much of a hassle to remove the cover. Can't wait to get my hands on this phone. Hope AT&T gets this as well!
    04-22-11 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD