As posted somewhere else here i like the old Gmail 2.07 standalone email client. Yes I use Gmail as my BB email but like having this separate app. Not looking to discuss why in this
    question.

A few wks ago I ran a Diagnostic test. After reboot, the Gmail app stopped working -like it's blocked now - and yeah i know Google announced dropping support - but - it had continued to run fine after the announcement some time ago.

I discovered i still have the 2.07 app installed on my old 9930- and - it still works fine (phone's not activated for service - but gmail app opens/logs in to wifi without issue.

Is it possible, to try to put that 'working copy' - and whatever associated internals it needs on my Bold - whether by way of BB Desktop or - or some other method? I thought of using the 'device switch' but i just want that single app.

I'm thinking that if i completely wipe the non-working Gmail app from the Bold and install the working app/components off of the Curve, maybe it'll work again. Sound doable? Any advice much appreciated.

Mike
    Last edited by mikeshep; 01-23-14 at 08:03 PM.
    01-23-14 07:51 PM
    You can put a copy of the app on the 9930, but whether it will work or not is for you to find out. You would need to download BBSAK from here, install it on your computer, extract a copy of the app from your 9330, then inject it to your 9930 (then test it.)
    01-23-14 08:20 PM