10-10-11 12:12 AM
    You do know that the door in that picture isn't going to work with NFC on your Bold, right?
    10-10-11 12:16 AM
    I honestly don't care at all about NFC. I have still not seen a real world use for it. I can live without it, and ill just switch it if i do need it.
    Last edited by johnpaul12; 10-10-11 at 12:37 AM.
    chaddeus likes this.
    10-10-11 12:19 AM
    Nfc is awesome my brother has the nexus s and Google wallet just launched on it not to long ago and it is awesome to use very easy can't wait for a payment method or Google wallet to come to the bold 99xx's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 01:23 AM
    Not to be a downer either but you realize you have to order at least 10 of those from that website right? Try ebay. It may be a little while but it would save you from having to buy 10.
    10-10-11 07:29 AM
    I honestly don't care at all about NFC. I have still not seen a real world use for it. I can live without it, and ill just switch it if i do need it.
    Real world use cases for NFC will come to life when RIM releases BlackBerry Tags (tap another BB to exchange data) and banks roll out NFC payment.

Watch this video, it is just one app showing the convenience in using NFC:

10-10-11 06:54 PM
    It won't have NFC but it looks awesome.
    10-10-11 06:55 PM
    Real world use cases for NFC will come to life when RIM releases BlackBerry Tags (tap another BB to exchange data) and banks roll out NFC payment.

Watch this video, it is just one app showing the convenience in using NFC:

This is awesome, great vid!
    10-10-11 06:57 PM
    Apps, yes. But merchants (not banks), have to pay for and install the expensive terminals that can read NFC. It'll happen, but the phones will be ready before everyone else.
    10-10-11 07:33 PM
    Apps, yes. But merchants (not banks), have to pay for and install the expensive terminals that can read NFC. It'll happen, but the phones will be ready before everyone else.
    There's lot of terminals out already... I'm pretty sure "paypass" is the same as NFC, and there's tons of paypass terminals around

10-10-11 07:40 PM
    Agree that merchants have to be able to accept NFC payments, but those (several hundred thousands, if not millions) of terminals that already accept PayPass, PayWave cards should be fine because NFC payment is compatible with PayPass/PayWave.

Merchant terminals don't see the difference between a PayWave/PayPass card and a BlackBerry 9900/9930.
    Last edited by Vijik; 10-12-11 at 11:46 AM.
    10-10-11 07:41 PM
    nfc is a long way off from being usefull or mainstream
    10-10-11 10:40 PM
    You do know that will throw your blackberry off? i mean to me it looks kinda ugly.. then again maybe it just the pictures, But i do agree NFC in the states is long away from being used on "our" bbs.. maybe idk.. makes me wish i had a nexus s now.. ill be paying with my phone and showing off to people
    10-10-11 11:34 PM
    There's lot of terminals out already... I'm pretty sure "paypass" is the same as NFC, and there's tons of paypass terminals around

One example. Restaurants that use server banking do not use terminals at all. The swipes are part of the ordering terminals. For the server to accept your payment table side, and allow you to enter you PIN they would need a mobile device. This has been tried with debit in tableservice settings and failed. So at least when dining out take your plastic for the forseeable future or you'll be in trouble at some point. Another example... fuel dispensers. Very few can accept NFC.
    10-13-11 01:13 AM
    Agree that merchants have to be able to accept NFC payments, but those (several hundred thousands, if not millions) of terminals that already accept PayPass, PayWave cards should be fine because NFC payment is compatible with PayPass/PayWave.

Merchant terminals don't see the difference between a PayWave/PayPass card and a BlackBerry 9900/9930.
    Not saying there are not a lot of terminals that can do this. But there are many more that can not. It'll be years before your smaller independent merchants upgrade their devices.
    10-13-11 01:15 AM
    Not to be a downer either but you realize you have to order at least 10 of those from that website right? Try ebay. It may be a little while but it would save you from having to buy 10.
    Untrue. If you order 10 or more you get a price break, but you're not required to order 10.
    10-13-11 01:16 AM
    Just keep the OEM door looks and will work heaps better

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-13-11 03:04 AM
    THis is far better than the vile slippy one, in fact it's amazing what 99p and ebay can do, exact knife to trim and voila a brand new much better feel back door!!!!
    ONly prob is that it won't let me upload, getting a error from crackbery

404 Not Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nginx
    10-13-11 07:12 AM
    Here it is! AWESOME and homemade for just a few dollars here in the UK
    10-13-11 04:59 PM
    What about for the extended battery? I don't want to create another thread, so I google'd to find this or other similar threads, only bumping this one.
    04-14-12 03:43 PM
    Care to elaborate a little? What about the extended battery?
    Do you want a cover like this to fit the extended battery? Or do you want to know if NFC will work?
    04-14-12 08:45 PM
    NFC is a completely useless feature right now. If I want to share photos or contacts with someone else I SMS or email them. I don't get it. If the infastructure was in place to pay with my blackberry using NFC it would make sense, but it's not. I would be interested in purchasing a battery cover that was rubber, like the edges of my 9900. That would be sweet (NFC or not)
    04-14-12 09:23 PM
    One example. Restaurants that use server banking do not use terminals at all. The swipes are part of the ordering terminals. For the server to accept your payment table side, and allow you to enter you PIN they would need a mobile device. This has been tried with debit in tableservice settings and failed. So at least when dining out take your plastic for the forseeable future or you'll be in trouble at some point. Another example... fuel dispensers. Very few can accept NFC.
    Southlander do you live in Canada? We go to lots of restaurants that use table side wireless terminals, as well as many pizza places will do it at your door. They all work with great success. To have NFC for this would be great. BTW I have seen the portable units also use touch and go. So yes the technology is very much there.
    04-14-12 09:25 PM
    waiting patiently for my country's public transport network to adopt NFC. According to press release, it will be up by mid 2012, which is pretty soon (provided everything goes smoothly). I live in a small country, so its not as troublesome or difficult to adopt NFC payment for public transport here as compared to other countries. Then, i can put my 9900's NFC to good use. Till now, i've only ever used NFC once to send a file to another 9900 just to test whether its working.
    04-14-12 10:37 PM
    I use nfc with tags right now. And everyone says paying with your phone is way in the future. I think its closer than people think. The visa paywave cards and the mastercard version both use NFC as far as I know. And who says banks have to adopt it? Visa can release a blackberry program that translates your card number just as it does with a visa paywave device. And stores with paywave now will not have to get new terminals. Stores without it will have to eventually.
    As for it not working at gas stations, a lot of the exxon gas stations in florida have it right at the pump. (Which is now 7-11 so I don't know if they still work).

Closer than you think...
    04-14-12 11:33 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD