I as many of you have been suffering from lack of battery in my 9900, I gave up and went back to my 9700. About 2 days later I saw my 9900 and it has about 75% battery left. Now I am thinking to myself its not the apps running becuase I have many open on it. It has to be the data network.

Can anyone comment
    02-24-12 01:52 PM
    yes, the network, data usage and everything else is what kills the battery.

Ever read the manual where it says 'stand by time' ?
    Bold Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry Bold 9900, 9930
    on there is says 12.8 days
    02-24-12 01:54 PM
    I lose about one percent per hour when idle. By 5pm on a work day, its always over 8-10%. I use tons of minutes.
    02-24-12 01:56 PM
    The bold is funny with its battery life so many report different levels of battery loss. Mine has its good and bad days but for the most part the battery life is pretty good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-24-12 02:27 PM
    Gotta agree, mine is also the same some days it's just plain bad, but some days it's just excellent.
    I can easily manage to get through a day with light/moderate usage, but when i'm pumpin it.
    It will become a dead meat too fast. Battery life is good for me. You can tell that i have everything setup right.
    To prevent losing battery life, 1/2% per each hour on idle with some BBM/e-mails messages incoming.
    It's off the charge now from 12:00PM, now it's 21:34 sitting at a solid 80% with light/moderate usage.
    02-24-12 02:34 PM
    Can you tell me how to "set it up right"
    02-24-12 02:39 PM
    Gotta agree, mine is also the same some days it's just plain bad, but some days it's just excellent.
    I can easily manage to get through a day with light/moderate usage, but when i'm pumpin it.
    It will become a dead meat too fast. Battery life is good for me. You can tell that i have everything setup right.
    To prevent losing battery life, 1/2% per each hour on idle with some BBM/e-mails messages incoming.
    It's off the charge now from 12:00PM, now it's 21:34 sitting at a solid 80% with light/moderate usage.
    Yes please... Those that are getting super good battery life, please tell us now. Everything I hear how good their battery life gets but without any explaination.

Even on idle, I get 5% drain rate at night on average from a fully charged phone. I dont know what is causing it and there seems to be no way to find out. I see my phone usage is 0, CPU usage is also almost 0% during that idle period but still getting 5%..

- Charles
    02-24-12 09:43 PM
    I as many of you have been suffering from lack of battery in my 9900, I gave up and went back to my 9700. About 2 days later I saw my 9900 and it has about 75% battery left. Now I am thinking to myself its not the apps running becuase I have many open on it. It has to be the data network.

Can anyone comment
    Yes it is. Device analyzer confirms this. I have blocked most apps from connectivity but still not that different. Any ideas how to minimize radio activity at idle?
    02-24-12 10:10 PM
    I get a full day with moderate to heavy usage with 25 to 40% by bedtime. I have always done the following. No apps running in the background, gps and wifi off unless required by an app, then turn off after used. Blutooth always off unless bridged. Screen set to 10. I rarely use tabs and if I do I close them when not needed. I do surf on wifi when available. I have no social apps other than bbm. I clear my browsers cache often and have the device Memory Cleaner enabled. Can't think of anything else. If I do I will edit the post. My present battery drain is 3.35% as am writing this. Oh I also have compression enabled for media card.

I do recall having a huge drain once while streaming a podcast while the gps was enabled.
    02-24-12 10:10 PM
    I think for the he11 of it, even though I have the 9930 on Sprint, I'm going to remove the SIM card to see if this improves my battery life at all. I very rarely leave the US so for me it's not really needed. It works just fine without it as it's CDMA, so why not give it a whirl
    02-25-12 12:21 AM
    Guys there r so many topics about battery life that I don't know what to write now, everything is already discussed. I am having 2% idle rate while I sleep on wifi connected. No social apps or any app running in background. BBM & emails on. But when I leave for work and I use BB heavily like 4 web pages open, BBM, backlight on through out the way and data keep changing from 3G to 2G and EDGE, I get 10% drain rate. Now, I haven't really did anything special to settings, just basic steps and happy with my battery life.
    02-25-12 01:14 AM
    Everyone will have different ways that they use their phone which obviously leads to differing reports of battery life.

Will also depend on your location and carrier, especially if you have the phone set to 2g&3g.

Phones will try and get a 3g signal and will keep switching between 2g and 3g, prefering a weak 3g signal over a full 2g signal. The radio has to work harder to get a 3g signal, and even harder when that signal is weak.

If you are sat in an office/home all day, there will be no or few handovers which will help the battery life.

If, like me, your constantly on the road then the power for the device will be used trying to keep a fix on the BTS your driving away from. The further away you are from the BTS, the more power the phone uses.

This is what makes it carrier dependant. The better coverage the network has in your area, the less power the phone needs to use to get a signal.

Steve
    02-25-12 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD