Maybe something to do with memory management, the fact that you can't sync all old email to the phone? Or security?
    The new bold looks nice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 06:18 PM
    You thought wrong then. BB has always had problems with gmail, and it is one of the "features" you get to enjoy. After deleting mails from gmail I've to delete them from my BB separately.

If you go to m.google.com, you can download the Gmail app. It looks and acts just like the app in a browser, i.e. if you send/delete/read from the app, it will sync with the account automatically, and vice versa.
    09-12-11 06:46 PM
    If you go to m.google.com, you can download the Gmail app. It looks and acts just like the app in a browser, i.e. if you send/delete/read from the app, it will sync with the account automatically, and vice versa.
    Yes but it only refreshes about once every 10 or 15 minutes so sync isn't instant but you can manually sync.
    09-12-11 07:14 PM
    Hmmm....I thought it was more frequent but I could be mistaken. Haven't used it in a while.
    09-12-11 07:16 PM
    while the gmail app does act like you are on the gmail website on your desktop, the refresh rate is very slow compared to the native BB email app.

and the gmail app does not display pictures from your emails, only text. No bueno
    09-12-11 10:12 PM
    Eh? Not sure what planet you live on, but I get my personal email amazingly well on my BB-both Yahoo and Gmail, which I don't really care for other than its another free email account for me. I get my email in seconds and it works great. You have issues to sort out as you are blantanly wrong and IMHO trying to stirr the pot or just plain attempting to discredit the BB wrongfully. Therefore I am calling your BS! What a tool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not sure what planet YOU live on but constant two way sync with BlackBerry BIS is hit or miss. While you may very well get it to work from time to time, or maybe always, it's hit or miss for most out there and a documented problem that 4.1 intends to rectify. However it isn't seamless and I would suggest you tone down your rhetoric. If you can't have a civil conversation with people that have views different than your own without calling them names, I suggest you refrain from posting at all.
    09-12-11 10:55 PM
    My wife is buying the bold today to replace her torch, would be fun comparing it to mysgs2..we used to use torch but it slows down after about a year of use, updated OS, still slow.
    Heck she might buy me another bold who knows? So she can bug me with bbm all the time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 11:33 PM
    i'm not sure what planet you live on but constant two way sync with blackberry bis is hit or miss. While you may very well get it to work from time to time, or maybe always, it's hit or miss for most out there and a documented problem that 4.1 intends to rectify. However it isn't seamless and i would suggest you tone down your rhetoric. If you can't have a civil conversation with people that have views different than your own without calling them names, i suggest you refrain from posting at all.
    yawn.......
    09-13-11 12:42 AM
    I tried several things and this one hits the nail on the head! thanks a lot.
    09-15-11 11:10 AM
    This exactly. "Blackberry is the best at email" is becoming a myth. If you ever use android before, you know for a fact that it handles gmail way better than blackberry. Not trying to create a platform war or anything, but sometimes you just have to state the fact.
    Try to keep up before posting more misinformation, Research In Motion details official BIS 4.1 features | CrackBerry.com
    09-18-11 10:21 PM
    Try to keep up before posting more misinformation, Research In Motion details official BIS 4.1 features | CrackBerry.com
    its better no doubt but still not the same and still lacking quite a bit
    09-18-11 10:32 PM
    Ok, first of all, of the past four years I've been on a BB phone I've had nothing but great experiences with their email system. That being said, for some reason, a few days ago, my gmail emails now are sent to my gmail box and messages box on my BB. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I couldn't find the proper place to ask about this on the forums, even after searching. Yes, I do have the email accounts unchecked in the inbox settings, but it still shows up. This never happened before. Now I have to delete email from two different places on my BB. Was this a result of the recent outage or is there something I'm missing here? As I've stated before, it just started happening. Thanks to any replies/suggestions, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post about this.
    10-19-11 01:18 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD