09-29-11 10:43 PM
35 12
tools
    Just to confirm, I have VVM installed on my phone and I dont get those messages.
    09-29-11 04:25 PM
    Just to confirm, I have VVM installed on my phone and I dont get those messages.
    Austriker........do you know of an OTA download for VVM. I found one that people were using for the 9780......would that work?
    09-29-11 04:34 PM
    Why not just install the 9810 OS on your computer and use DM to list all the VVM modules and then use a third party app to install those modules? Why use modules from OS6?

I'm not saying it won't work, it may work just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 09-29-11 at 05:14 PM.
    09-29-11 04:52 PM
    I think you're right. Install VVM and the messages should stop. I've left VVM on my device since I was trying, so I don't get them anymore.
    Those messages won't stop, they are the VVM messages you want. Its just that without the VVM modules on your phone to decode and play them they look like strange text messages.

Stripping them from an AT&T OS is something you will want to do in the future if your using Beta, non-AT&T, or Hybrid operating systems.

Last edited by olblueyez; 09-29-11 at 05:13 PM.
    09-29-11 04:55 PM
    If you have all the VVM modules installed properly then you should have the VVM application up and running on your phone before you even receive the first VVM message.

Aceroller likes this.
    09-29-11 04:58 PM
    I did install VVM by installing the 9810 OS to my PC and using MCP to push the cods to my 9900. I also used BB Boss to install the 9900 VVM files with loader.exe. I also had someone with a 9810 send me their service books.

The first message works. I get my notification, and it works. I can play the message. Every message after that is listed from the same caller ID, same length as the first message. If I try to go back to listen to the first message, it says "this message is no longer available for download from the server."

If anyone else has gotten this to work, I want to know how. Please. Really.

09-29-11 07:32 PM
    Man that sucks. The VVM app is up and running? Have you tried re-registering your phone so you get all your service books first hand from AT&T?

09-29-11 09:12 PM
    Austriker........do you know of an OTA download for VVM. I found one that people were using for the 9780......would that work?
    Uhmm honestly I'm terribly sorry but I can't remember where I downloaded the OTA link from and which phone it was for. Sorry I suck at remembering so much.. Must be alheizmers

09-29-11 09:32 PM
    Yes. I've rebooted and battery-pulled and deleted and resent service books.

09-29-11 10:28 PM
    I feel your pain Boss. Sum Bltch!

09-29-11 10:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD