***UPDATE*** I was able to get Loader.exe to install the 9900 cods by adding vendor code 107 to the vvm.alx file. Unfortunately, vvm is still not working properly. Any vvm/AT&T experts out there have any advice?

I have almost achieved success in getting VVM working properly on my unlocked Rogers 9900. Please feel free to try this and post your results here. If I've left anything out, TELL ME!

I was not able to get it to work using the included VVM cods. I was thinking they weren't for AT&T, as it's not yet released, or weren't being recognized for some reason. Now I think I may have been missing a file or two when I tried, so I may try again later, or perhaps one of you folks can. Likewise, I also tried OS6 vvm cods from my 9700, again with mixed results, probably for the same reason.

Anyhoo, after making a backup of my 9700, my previous device, I downloaded and installed the latest official AT&T 9810 OS 7 build, and side-loaded the following files to my new 9900 using MCP:

Please realize this list is English-only (_en). Please add whatever appropriate language cods you need.

Once the cods are installed, reboot. FYI, if you attempt to access vvm, you may get an error 122 stating that the number or settings is wrong. Ignore it.

Using Desktop Manager, with your 9900 connected, do a SELECTIVE restore from your OLD device backup file, making sure to ONLY select the Visual Voicemail settings.

Once you reboot, you should have VVM. Ask all your friends to call and leave you dirty messages to test it.

In summary:
    1. Make sure you have a valid backup of a device on which VVM was working properly.
    2. Sideload the listed vvm .cod files with BB Boss, MCP, or BBSAK, or whatever superdee-duper BB utility you so choose.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Do a selective restore of VVM settings only from your old device backup.
    5. Reboot.
    6. Get dirty messages.

Again, feedback is welcomed and encouraged. Anybody have a better method? Please share. Results with different sources of .cods (9700, 9900, 9810, OS versions, etc...) would be appreciated, too.
    Last edited by rrrebo; 09-04-11 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Update, not quite right yet.
    09-02-11 03:25 PM
    Good read, thanks. May have to try that.
    09-02-11 03:53 PM
    Thanks, Dawg. Couldn't have done it without ya!
    09-02-11 03:58 PM
    So can I do this with just DM? Because I have a mac, and long story short I cant install DM on the windows side of this laptop (its way old)..
    09-27-11 01:04 PM
    Here is a great tool to use for tossing the VVM modules into your phone. Bravo rrrebo, the 9810 does indeed have the needed modules and they should work fine with any OS7 device.

BBHTool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

The necessary tool is on the "Other" tab. Just enter your PIN and have the utility connect to your phone. It is great for removing crap as well. Blackberry DM has Info buttons next to each app labeled "I" and that button will list all the modules for each application.

When you go to point the Hybrid program at the modules you want to install, just type VVM into the search bar and all you will see are the VVM modules. Then you can hit the "Organize Button" and click "Select All" and you will be good to go. For XP users I think it would be "Edit" and "Select All"

Last edited by olblueyez; 09-27-11 at 01:30 PM.
    09-27-11 01:21 PM
    Thanks. I use BB MCP and BB Boss. Unfortunately, I have not been 100% successful in getting this to work properly on my device. I've given up for now, as I am out of ideas. I'm hoping it will start working once AT&T validates the 9900 in their system prior to or on release.
    09-27-11 02:44 PM
    I gave up long ago, youmail works better anyway, give it a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 04:41 PM
    Thanks. I use BB MCP and BB Boss. Unfortunately, I have not been 100% successful in getting this to work properly on my device. I've given up for now, as I am out of ideas. I'm hoping it will start working once AT&T validates the 9900 in their system prior to or on release.
    i don't think it will work even after release.crucial said that at&t is going to have a whole new hardware revision number compared to the rest of the carriers.so i think vvm will work only for the at&t branded device not for unlocked devices from foreign carriers.
    09-27-11 05:08 PM
    I fail to see why hw would make a difference with VVM. It works now. Once. The first VVM I get after a reload works fine. After that, all bets are off. That's not a hardware issue. AT&T told me the 9900 is not listed as VVM-compatible in their provisioning system. I got VVM free with my 9700, so it's still on my account, which is probably why it (almost) works at all. The 9810 has the same hw internals as the 9900, and it's compatible.

SAM18 likes this.
    09-27-11 05:46 PM
    I fail to see why hw would make a difference with VVM. It works now. Once. The first VVM I get after a reload works fine. After that, all bets are off. That's not a hardware issue. AT&T told me the 9900 is not listed as VVM-compatible in their provisioning system. I got VVM free with my 9700, so it's still on my account, which is probably why it (almost) works at all. The 9810 has the same hw internals as the 9900, and it's compatible.

I think you are right on the $$ here. We just have to wait for AT&T to make the 9900 compatible in their provisioning system.
    09-27-11 05:49 PM
    Second that.. back to good ole non-visual (aka audio) voicemail

thats rough..
    09-27-11 06:16 PM
    Installing the COD. Files is half of the equation. You need to enable the VVM Feature on your AT&T account. You can do this on the AT&T website or by calling their customer service department.

09-28-11 08:43 AM
    Installing the COD. Files is half of the equation. You need to enable the VVM Feature on your AT&T account. You can do this on the AT&T website or by calling their customer service department.

Please read the whole thread. I've had VVM on my account for 2 years.
    09-28-11 09:42 AM
    Please read the whole thread. I've had VVM on my account for 2 years.
    I also had a time when VVM was not available on my first line even though it was showing as a BB 9000. A call to customer service cleared it up. Moral of the story? Call customer service. I will work if the software is installed on your device properly and your account is functioning properly.

09-28-11 12:48 PM
    AT&T told me the 9900 is not listed as VVM-compatible in their provisioning system. I got VVM free with my 9700, so it's still on my account, which is probably why it (almost) works at all.
    olblueyez I'm sorry you don't seem to be getting this. I have spoken with customer service. VVM is active on my account. It has worked on my 9700 for the past 2 years. Their system will not allow them to use the IMEI from the 9900 for it, as it is not listed as compatible in their software yet.

Should I make the font bigger?
    austriker likes this.
    09-28-11 12:54 PM
    So sign in to your account and make the little picture a 9810 or a 9700 and see what happens. Anyone try that yet?

Yeah, I would make the font about ten times bigger and can you make it red and green as well?

Last edited by olblueyez; 09-28-11 at 11:44 PM.
    09-28-11 11:42 PM
    So sign in to your account and make the little picture a 9810 or a 9700 and see what happens. Anyone try that yet?

Yeah, I would make the font about ten times bigger and can you make it red and green as well?

Oh, now yer just bein' silly!
    09-29-11 10:13 AM
    Oh, now yer just bein' silly!
    You ROCK Dude!!!

09-29-11 10:26 AM
    09-29-11 11:08 AM
    Is anyone else getting weird sms messages from AT&T everytime you get a voice mail? I just unlocked a Telus 9900 and using on AT&T. Everything works great, and I am able to access my voice mails the "old way", but get weird sms messages now.

they say: "bothwaacds04.attwireless. net:5400........".....and they keep going with other stuff I don't understand??
    09-29-11 02:06 PM
    Is anyone else getting weird sms messages from AT&T everytime you get a voice mail? I just unlocked a Telus 9900 and using on AT&T. Everything works great, and I am able to access my voice mails the "old way", but get weird sms messages now.

they say: "bothwaacds04.attwireless. net:5400........".....and they keep going with other stuff I don't understand??
    That happens if you have the VVM files installed on your device but don't have the right service books, I believe. I got those, too, while messing around with this process.
    09-29-11 02:20 PM
    That happens if you have the VVM files installed on your device but don't have the right service books, I believe. I got those, too, while messing around with this process.
    Do you know how I would make them go away? Should I un-provision my AT&T VVM? Thanks. They really bug me.
    09-29-11 04:05 PM
    I get those when the VVM software "is not installed" on my device.

09-29-11 04:06 PM
    I get those when the VVM software "is not installed" on my device.

I think you're right. Install VVM and the messages should stop. I've left VVM on my device since I was trying, so I don't get them anymore.
    09-29-11 04:09 PM
    I think you're right. Install VVM and the messages should stop. I've left VVM on my device since I was trying, so I don't get them anymore.
    Thanks......is there an easy way to download VVM or do I have to strip it out of a 9810 OS like you did? Thanks.
    09-29-11 04:25 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD