Like several members in here, I USED to be a BB owner. I went from the Storm to the Tour and then I decided to check out Android. Also, like a lot of people in here, I never got used to typing on a touchscreen and found myself missing the physical QWERTY daily. So I went to my Verizon store today and played with a 9930.

WOW!

I can't believe how amazingly good the keyboard feels. The keys are so much softer than my Tour was and the OS is zippy. I was concerned about the camera so I took some test pictures and aside from some really close up ones, I thought the pictures were pretty good. Definitely as good as the ones my Droid Incredible takes and that's an 8MP auto-focus. The web browser was impressive and honestly that was a big reason why I left BB in the first place. The touch screen is great, pinch to zoom works nicely, and I didn't find myself missing the screen real estate.

This leads me to my conclusion: when I left BB for Android I wanted apps. Now that I have apps, I find that I hardly ever use them, mostly just email, Facebook, SMS, and web browsing. What I do want now is a keyboard that allows me to type fast. Plus I have something I didn't have then, a tablet. For me, if I want to play games I'll use my Galaxy Tab 10.1, but when I want to get things done, I want a phone that is more of a tool and less of a toy (that's not a knock on Android because I am still really fond of it).

So I guess the only question left is, does anyone want to buy a Droid Incredible?
    Speczorz likes this.
    08-25-11 11:53 AM
    I agree. Sold the iPhone 4 and am awaiting the delivery of the 9900. So, at the mo, I'm using my old 8520 and iPad. Pretty good combo, as the iPad has all the multimedia shiny stuff and the BB actually works as a phone. All I ever did on the iP4 was FB/Twitter and take the odd photo - 95% of the apps I had on there were never ever used. I think I've finally found the sensible combination of tech, along with my MacBook Pro. Hopefully I won't be tempted back to the dark side by some astounding iPhone 5 design.....
    08-25-11 02:46 PM
    I agree. Sold the iPhone 4 and am awaiting the delivery of the 9900. So, at the mo, I'm using my old 8520 and iPad. Pretty good combo, as the iPad has all the multimedia shiny stuff and the BB actually works as a phone. All I ever did on the iP4 was FB/Twitter and take the odd photo - 95% of the apps I had on there were never ever used. I think I've finally found the sensible combination of tech, along with my MacBook Pro. Hopefully I won't be tempted back to the dark side by some astounding iPhone 5 design.....
    When you get your's paired with the PB it's a great combo. You will be very happy!
    08-25-11 04:06 PM
    I agree.
    My 9900/PlayBook combo is the best thing I could find for my needs.

Who needs hotspot when the Bridge function is working so well now?
    08-25-11 04:10 PM
    Actually, the Bold 9930 with the Playbooki s an awesome combination! The latest OS updates for both devices have moved tjem into seriously useful territory!
    08-25-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD