There are just way too many problems. This thing is even glitchier than my nexus s 4g. I think the idea of the touch screen bold is great. But its just executed so poorly. I've never had to do so many battery pulls in my life. Music player just suddenly stops working. Youtube stops working contantly. I'm not going to make any excuses for this phone.
    10-10-12 12:09 PM
    you should reload your os. it does sound like corrupted os. i have blackberry 9810 which is essentially 9900 with bigger screen and smaller keyboard. Same hardware, same software. I do not experience as many issues as you. Yes i need to pull battery from time to time but youtube does not crash and overall i do not experience bugs like you. I use free app quickpull which "pulls" phone battery without physically removing the battery. I have it scheduled to "pull" the battery at midnight. Quickpull works well and i do not need to physically pull the battery as much anymore.
    Overall I am happy with my 9810.
    losino likes this.
    10-10-12 12:22 PM
    Losino, im on the same boat.

This is getting straight up ridiculous. I was about to create a new thread about how unstable the 9900 has become.

As soon as i go outside and attempt to use the phone, the touchscreen wont work while im on the homescreen.

When a page takes to long to load in the stock browser, i get an error, then ill have to restart my phone to get it to work.

When i back out of an email, it freezes my phone and then i get an uncaught exception error, so i'll have to restart the phone.

I've done a clean wipe and even downgraded os and all those problems still occur.
    10-10-12 12:36 PM
    yea my phone is pissing me off im getting tired of this damm clock.
    10-10-12 12:57 PM
    There are just way too many problems. This thing is even glitchier than my nexus s 4g. I think the idea of the touch screen bold is great. But its just executed so poorly. I've never had to do so many battery pulls in my life. Music player just suddenly stops working. Youtube stops working contantly. I'm not going to make any excuses for this phone.
    Losino, im on the same boat.

This is getting straight up ridiculous. I was about to create a new thread about how unstable the 9900 has become.

As soon as i go outside and attempt to use the phone, the touchscreen wont work while im on the homescreen.

When a page takes to long to load in the stock browser, i get an error, then ill have to restart my phone to get it to work.

When i back out of an email, it freezes my phone and then i get an uncaught exception error, so i'll have to restart the phone.

I've done a clean wipe and even downgraded os and all those problems still occur.
    For you two, Bitek has the right idea. And if your OS version isn't at least 7.1.x.x, try upgrading. With the advent of 7.1, I haven't been annoyed in the slightest with my 9930.

yea my phone is pissing me off im getting tired of this damm clock.
    Your device says 8900. That might have something to do with it.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-10-12 01:18 PM
    The 9900/9930 shouldn't be that fragile. If all else fails do what you do with a car and shop it. Sometimes people trained in this are helpful. Yes you can do many things but if all else fails take it to the shop.
    10-10-12 01:29 PM
    I'm on v7.1.0.284 because i thought v7.1.0.714 was causing the problem but its not. I really dont know what to do anymore. I've reloaded my os a bunch of times.
    10-10-12 01:45 PM
    I'm on v7.1.0.284 because i thought v7.1.0.714 was causing the problem but its not. I really dont know what to do anymore. I've reloaded my os a bunch of times.
    Culprit also might be an app or two.
    10-10-12 01:53 PM
    Culprit also might be an app or two.
    I had a 9780 previously, and on that phone i also had the uncaught exception error.

I thought that could of just been a problem with the 9780, so i didnt think much of it.

I transferred all the apps from my 9780 to the 9900 and as soon as i started the 9900 the uncaught exception error popped up.

I really don't have much apps, ill have to delete some i guess.
    10-10-12 02:00 PM
    I had a 9780 previously, and on that phone i also had the uncaught exception error.

I thought that could of just been a problem with the 9780, so i didnt think much of it.

I transferred all the apps from my 9780 to the 9900 and as soon as i started the 9900 the uncaught exception error popped up.

I really don't have much apps, ill have to delete some i guess.
    Try this: install 7.1 of your choice WITHOUT any of the apps you transferred, and re-download them. All that should have been transferred from a 9870 to a 9900 is that which BlackBerry Protect backs up - just the basics, personal stuff. The rest is device-specific and can cause errors if not updated/upgraded to run on the correct platform.

9930+Tapatalk
    10-10-12 02:13 PM
    Try this: install 7.1 of your choice WITHOUT any of the apps you transferred, and re-download them. All that should have been transferred from a 9870 to a 9900 is that which BlackBerry Protect backs up - just the basics, personal stuff. The rest is device-specific and can cause errors if not updated/upgraded to run on the correct platform.

9930+Tapatalk
    Should i uninstall the apps first then update to 714?
    10-10-12 02:44 PM
    I would do a wipe and a clean install of 7.1
    If you are feeling adventurous try using the latest BL Hybrid OS, faster, smoother and far quicker browser than any stock OS.
    There are version for .658 and .714 base OS.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    Whichever OS you use, just load up the apps one by one a few hours apart to find out which one or ones are the culprits.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-10-12 02:52 PM
    You can either use BBSAk or similar to wipe your phone beforehand, or select to wipe and not replace from within the apploader itself. Then make sure just the core apps included with the OS are selected along with your user data such as contacts, email accounts, etc. Exclude device-specific settings as well.
    10-10-12 02:55 PM
    I would do a wipe and a clean install of 7.1
    If you are feeling adventurous try using the latest BL Hybrid OS, faster, smoother and far quicker browser than any stock OS.
    There are version for .658 and .714 base OS.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    Whichever OS you use, just load up the apps one by one a few hours apart to find out which one or ones are the culprits.
    Thanks, i will do a wipe clean right now.

I've heard of Hybrid OS, don't know much about it but i will do my research.

I will definitely load up the apps one by one, that is a very good idea.
    10-10-12 03:02 PM
    So, i installed 4 apps that i mainly use.

The uncaught exception error popped up again after i backed out of an email.

I deleted Advance OS and LED, and now it doesn't happen any more.

That was my favorite app!
    10-10-12 05:23 PM
    The 7.1 update has been awesome, night and day. Try it, I think you will be pleased w the phone once you do this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-10-12 05:34 PM
    Having to do all that just seems like a hassle to me. Oh well, what can you do
    10-11-12 01:39 AM
    Give it to me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    mud314 likes this.
    10-11-12 02:27 AM
    RIM has GOT to do something about it's sh|tty hardware. If the BB10 devices are made by the same people with the same QC, RIM is sunk!
    10-11-12 05:24 AM
    So, i installed 4 apps that i mainly use.

The uncaught exception error popped up again after i backed out of an email.

I deleted Advance OS and LED, and now it doesn't happen any more.

That was my favorite app!
    I would post your issue in the Advance OS thread in the Apps Forum.

The developer, Sultan, will undoubtedly reply to you personally with his thoughts on your issue.

Would help him if you also listed all the other apps you have installed in case there is a known conflict with another app.

His customer service is brilliant.
    10-11-12 06:12 AM
    I've never had ANY of these problems you are talking about. This thing has never frozen up and the only time I ever get a clock is when I download a big app, but I can still use my phone with the hourglass on the screen. The only time I ever restart my phone is when App World asks me too. Use the music player daily and never had a single problem. Also use YouTube daily and not a single problem. Sorry about your lemon!!!
    10-11-12 07:09 AM
    I would post your issue in the Advance OS thread in the Apps Forum.

The developer, Sultan, will undoubtedly reply to you personally with his thoughts on your issue.

Would help him if you also listed all the other apps you have installed in case there is a known conflict with another app.

His customer service is brilliant.
    I did email him and I found that whenever I had the Keypad Vibration enabled from AOSLED, it would cause my phone to freeze and give me an uncaught exception.

He said he will look into it.

I'm glad, it was nothing serious.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-11-12 08:39 AM
    I've never had ANY of these problems you are talking about. This thing has never frozen up and the only time I ever get a clock is when I download a big app, but I can still use my phone with the hourglass on the screen. The only time I ever restart my phone is when App World asks me too. Use the music player daily and never had a single problem. Also use YouTube daily and not a single problem. Sorry about your lemon!!!
    Same here. Sounds like you might have a bad app installed. With the latest OS 7.1 update the hourglass is pretty rare now. Its the most stable OS so far.
    10-11-12 09:08 AM
    Wonder what apps were installed on the phone? I don't have many at all on my 9930 and it works great. Never had any of the issues brought up by OP.
    10-11-12 09:58 AM
    Sorry you're having issues with your bb. The only time I've had a problem with my 9930 it's been due to an app or theme I've installed. Getting to the bottom of it can be frustrating but a clean install of the OS and then adding apps one at a time is good advice. My 9930 is the best bb I've ever owned so I hope everything gets resolved for you as well.
    10-11-12 10:47 AM
26 12