@ the OP. Stick with your old 9000 clunker and leave us alone with your whinny posts. Whilst I get your point(s), much of what you said doesn't apply to most (if any) of the rest of us. You obviously have many issues, and perhaps even with your BB. Enjoy your 9000, or maybe buy an iPHONE and enjoy the ilounge.com boards.
    08-28-11 11:05 AM
    The keyboards on the 9900 and the 9000 the same if not bigger on the 9900. Feels small for you?

Apps take ages to load and they load faster on your 9000 with 128 MB of memory? Right........tells me enough

Please sell it and don't tell us about your worries

I never see the point in these useless threads, what are we supposed to do for you? Want a cookie?
    Can I get a chocolate chip one
    08-28-11 11:24 AM
    Please back off the OP... he's stating his opinions and why does everyone that doesn't like a product called a troll? He is not. He prefers his 9000 over the 9900... simple.

If you have nothing nice and/or productive to add, please refrain from making a statement, because accusing the OP of trolling can really be considered trolling
    08-28-11 11:29 AM
    Just because the keyboard is bigger, it doesn't mean you'll make less mistakes. Heck, I actually can see the OP making more mistakes because he is used to the keyboard on the 9000. I type better on my iPhone 4 than any other touchscreen I own and used... that includes 4 inch, 4.3 inch and 4.5 inch screens.
    08-28-11 11:32 AM
    The keyboards on the 9900 and the 9000 the same if not bigger on the 9900. Feels small for you?

Apps take ages to load and they load faster on your 9000 with 128 MB of memory? Right........tells me enough

Please sell it and don't tell us about your worries

I never see the point in these useless threads, what are we supposed to do for you? Want a cookie?
    Cookie? LOL. Agreed on downloads - good grief, impossible 9000 is quicker! The modem on the 9930 is 14.4 w/ a 1.2G processor. I will take a cookie though.
    08-28-11 11:44 AM
    There are always conservative people and it will be.
    08-28-11 11:49 AM
    Hey OP, would want to give you a "thanks" for your feedback on the 9900 but I'm using my 9780 right now on the mobile site. Your posts are not "wasted", in fact it helps people including myself who are considering to get the 9900. It's just that anyone who does not support RIM or shows the slightest dislike for BB phones on CB forums are labelled as trolls, iPhone/Android fanboys, people who don't use their phones for serious work blahblahblah. I know because i have legitimate complaints about the BB platform and tried to comment on them here. Instead of getting any help or workarounds, I get the one-line zingers like "go back to your iPhone" or "sell your BB" or whatever.

CrackBerry forums should be just renamed to CrackBerry Fanboy forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is obviously untrue. Many people experiencing difficulties on the forums are being helped everyday. Most don't really care if you like the phone or hate it (This is, after all a dedicated BlackBerry forum), and usually, with the exception of a few true fanboys (they know who they are..) most are content to read about the common problems/issues various people are having. At the beginning of the OP's thread, as I began to read...

Apps seem to take longer to load

Sure, he may have transferred over some of his apps from his earlier device and there may be a compatibility issue(s) somewhere. Using an app which is not compatible with OS7 has caused some weird things to happen.

The keyboard is not as good for my large hands - I can't see why but I make more mistakes on the 9900.

I suppose this could be true also, though I do have as much difficulty as the OP in understanding why this is so, as another post stated, the keyboard has indeed grown physically by 6%. The layout has not been changed, so it should amount to the same experience in terms of speed/skill

The speaker is not a patch on the 9000 speaker and is above all muffled and less clear during a phone call.

While I haven't had any problems with sound (both calls and speaker), you may want to have the device looked at. Maybe compare it to the sound of another.

Whilst the touch screen is fun, in reality I really don't use it. There is just not enough 'real estate' for web browsing (perhaps I should try the Torch 9850) and I manage just as well with the touch pad or scroll button on the 9000.

There have been quite a few threads on the forums debating the touchscreen. Most asking for a way to disable it. Perhaps the 9850 would be a better fit.

Yes the 9900 is pretty and yes it probably does have faster wi-fi connection but I just feel that RIM is trying to outdo Apple in this handset whilst igoring the core, adult business user.

See, Derwent Graphite. The above makes the warning bells start. That has nothing to do with intelligent debate, is not a legitimate complaint, and at best, a false statement. From the manufacturing/build quality to faster WiFi (seriously? wtf), then feels that RIM has abandoned the business community.

A final point. I was amazed to see how RIM has ripped-off iPhone packaging. Compared with the stout box that the 9000 was delivered in, we now have a dinky iPhone-alike box with seemingly identical peel-off transparent plastic covers to the plugs.

Hahahaha, you seemed like you were trollin'

@Derwent Graphite I am sorry your experience at trying to find some help left much to be desired, but I cannot believe that no one tried to help you.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-28-11 at 12:03 PM.
    Mr Bigs and anon3396357 like this.
    08-28-11 12:00 PM
    I wanted to buy 9900 today and I was very disappointed. It looks and feels like a cheap plastic phone. Too light, touchscreen is not very responsive, keyboard plastic is too thin. It is the worst phone ever! I stuck with 9000 forever.

Booooooooooo, RIM! CEO should be fired! They went the same way like any other manufacturer! 9000 had weight and class and 9900 has nothing!

Blackberry right now is nothing but an ordinary cheap plastic disposable phone! Disgusting!
    This is the most rediculous post I ever seen on here.

08-28-11 12:01 PM
    Then why read it through to the end? As with bad programmes on TV, you have a choice and can 'switch over' if it is not to your taste. All that is being discussed are the relative merits of the 9000 vs 9900 and whether RIM have lost (or are losing) some of the mojo that brought so much success.

Don't forget that there have been a lot of concerns over previous poor attempts at changing direction such as with the click screen on the Storm. Would you also have treated as trolling any negative comment when the device first appeared?

As to my comparisons with Apple, there is absolutely nothing wrong with RIM trying to use the market success of the iPhone to shape future models and expand its audience. I merely commented that the very things for which Apple are renowned, such as attention to every detail of design and packaging are now being emulated by RIM.

Now this is generally a GOOD THING but my point is that enough care might not have been taken with such a venerated device as the 9000 that its replacement hadn't moved too far down the new direction - leave that for other models.

So its yes to the better resolution screen which is brilliant; and yes to the touchpad which is just so much better than the trackball; and yes to the OS which is sweet and the connectivity which is quick.

But it is no to the single (not double) speaker; and no to the keypad which I maintain is worse than that on the 9000; and no to the flimsier feel of the device; and no to the docking station which is unstable.
    08-28-11 12:22 PM
    @ old rascal.
    Thanks for your thread and posting. I felt the same only with the 9930. Coming from the bold 9650 as my comparison, now that is an awesomely built device, very solid. The (9930/9900) does seem cheap and plasticky. I looked at three and they all had issues. If I'm paying top dollar($550) for a nice device I would expect it to run out of the box. Every other phone I've had as well as my past BB's have been fine right out the box and usable. The fix given here is reload the os or load a new os. Fine, but whats wrong with it just being usable immediately. This forum is obviously biased as it's a BB forum. Duh. But I'm a BB fanboy to and I'm just a disappointed fanboy then , because this bold is not ready for prime time at all. After the long wait, you'da thought, but nope. Hopefully a better batch is about to come outta the oven.
    oldrascal likes this.
    08-28-11 12:33 PM
    I see nothing wrong with this phone. I do have one problem I posted in a thread that is now fixed thanks to RIM. I think they monitor this site

I have had the 9000, and this phone is worlds better and faster. I'm playing with it right now and prefer the 9930.

Yes the charging dock sucks, but there will be more new ones made better from different companies. Rim should have given more thought before shipping it out. All in all, I am glad RIM improved a great device (9000) and made it much better. This bold is FAR better than the last few smaller bolds. RIM was asleep when changing designs. Hopefully the designer was fired!

I hope you returned your 9900 and went back to the 9000. At least you're still a crackberry head.
    oldrascal likes this.
    08-28-11 12:55 PM
    A. Who cares about packaging. Less is better in my opinion.
    B. Everything is faster on the 9900/9930
    C. The 9000 was a great phone, but no where near as good as the 9900/9930
    08-28-11 12:59 PM
    Going from a 9700 to a 9900, I think I know what the OP means about more mistakes on the keyboard. While I can now type faster and it feels better on the 9900, I do make more mistakes. I imagine this will get better with time but even slowing down I still make the occasional mistake.

As to the cheap flimsy plastic. I sort of agree but not in those words. As much as I like the 9900, it always felt awkward in the hands due to its thinness and shape. HOWEVER, after getting the Otterbox Commuter case for it, it feels perfect with the right size. Normally, I don't get cases and just a screen protector but figured I would try for this one and it was the right choice.

thewird
    08-28-11 01:43 PM
    Going from a 9700 to a 9900, I think I know what the OP means about more mistakes on the keyboard. While I can now type faster and it feels better on the 9900, I do make more mistakes. I imagine this will get better with time but even slowing down I still make the occasional mistake.

As to the cheap flimsy plastic. I sort of agree but not in those words. As much as I like the 9900, it always felt awkward in the hands due to its thinness and shape. HOWEVER, after getting the Otterbox Commuter case for it, it feels perfect with the right size. Normally, I don't get cases and just a screen protector but figured I would try for this one and it was the right choice.

thewird
    I just wish Otter, or anyone would also make a holster that I could carry my berry in while using one of the cases, not that the defender doesn't come with that ratcheting holster thing, but the side guides keep breaking. I mean a holster for their Impact or Commuter.
    08-28-11 02:07 PM
    I just wish Otter, or anyone would also make a holster that I could carry my berry in while using one of the cases, not that the defender doesn't come with that ratcheting holster thing, but the side guides keep breaking. I mean a holster for their Impact or Commuter.
    Otterbox got rid of those side tabs after the abysmal failure of the 9650 holster. They now look just like they used to, with a bottom 'cup' to hold the phone in.

08-28-11 02:49 PM
    This thread is interesting to me because I have a 9000 also. I hung onto that phone, even after I switched back to Verizon...just to use it at home on WiFi. The OP's points about his likes and dislikes, however unpopular, are his own. I feel the opposite. I feel the 99xx is a fantastic upgrade/refresh to the 9000. The thin design makes no difference to me because I use an otterbox defender. Infact, I'm using the same yellow and black otterbox defender case and holster as I used for my 9000. I modified it. Cut out the middle support. And I can type super fast and without error. I swear to god if I hit the $$ sign or space after typing the letter 'b' one more time on that ****ty 9650, I was going to throw that thing at a pack of nuns. Same goes for the keyboards on the torch, 9700, 9780 etc etc. Believe it or not, the keyboard on that clamshell chunk of junk that sprint offers is more like the 99xx than any other newer device.
    So, may I just reccomend trying the otterbox defender case to help out with your oversized finger deal? I noticed that without the otterbox, I can't really hold the 99xx or the 9000 in the BB prayer position and type fast without that case. As far as the apps seemingly running slow, the single speaker and the packaging dislikes you described, the above advice you've gotten seems on the money. Hope things work out for you. You are certainly clear and cogent when you speak/type...a welcomed trait here.

08-28-11 03:00 PM
    So OP you come from an OS 5 device which was there when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth and you are complaining about using OS7. Give it sometime. You missed the the whole upgrade cycle through OS6 with it's universal search, trackpad instead of the fiddly ball etc
    And the keyboard in the 9900 being smaller?? Are you kidding me. The keyboard on the 9900 is 20% bigger than the 9000.
    Come on live with it for a while. You just crawled out of your cave, give the new tech some time. You will live it and will never touch you 9000 again.
    Do us all a favour. Live with the 9900 for three weeks and then repost your findings.
    08-28-11 03:01 PM
    Why would my thoughts about usage of both the 9000 and 9900 be considered 'trolling', if by that you meant inflammatory? How thin-skinned do you have to be about an inanimate object to start being so huffy (rhetorical question by the way). Why personalise and trash an intelligent (well literate at the very least) man's views just because yours are different (more rhetoric etc. etc.).

It does seem that, on this forum and by some members at least, it is frowned upon to debate and discuss intelligently or are you just so tongue-tied and illiterate that only insults spring freely from your befuddled mind - (this is such fun, I really didn't understand why so many posts were insulting, but it is indeed liberating to be a horse's a**s).

Oh well, have to rush - I'm back to the debating society after a nice cup of tea. Pip pip
    There are some real thin-skinned Blackberry fanatics on this site who seem to think that the purpose of this forum is solely to lick RIM's boots and express how thoroughly bitchen their device is. It really does not occur to them that other people might have a different opinion about their Bold and so every post like yours is responded to in the same manner: "why are you telling us this? Stop whining and take it back instead of trolling"..."these seem like petty issues to me. My 9900 is awesome! Shut up!"..."sounds like you'd prefer an iPhone with a bunch of fart apps"...ETC.

I really get the feeling they feel threatened by people who don't like their beloved phone. For the life of me I cannot work out what else would motivate such prickly reactions to any kind of criticism.
    08-28-11 03:03 PM
    Crazy....Just crazy...
    08-28-11 03:05 PM
    Otterbox got rid of those side tabs after the abysmal failure of the 9650 holster. They now look just like they used to, with a bottom 'cup' to hold the phone in.

No they didn't. I went through 9 holsters for my 9780 defender.

The one for the 9900/9930 is still the same design. The bottom cup was changed during the 8830 transition.
    08-28-11 03:08 PM
    Please back off the OP... he's stating his opinions and why does everyone that doesn't like a product called a troll? He is not. He prefers his 9000 over the 9900... simple.

If you have nothing nice and/or productive to add, please refrain from making a statement, because accusing the OP of trolling can really be considered trolling
    I think the OP got just what he deserved !! Every review has stated how much faster this phone is and how good the keyboard is so what gives ?It's easyu return it put your sim back into the old outdated slow 9000 and keep it moving !!! I fail to understand why you don't understand how frustrating it is to read absurd threads like this like were all wrong in liking this phone.
    08-28-11 03:47 PM
    There are some real thin-skinned Blackberry fanatics on this site who seem to think that the purpose of this forum is solely to lick RIM's boots and express how thoroughly bitchen their device is. It really does not occur to them that other people might have a different opinion about their Bold and so every post like yours is responded to in the same manner: "why are you telling us this? Stop whining and take it back instead of trolling"..."these seem like petty issues to me. My 9900 is awesome! Shut up!"..."sounds like you'd prefer an iPhone with a bunch of fart apps"...ETC.

I really get the feeling they feel threatened by people who don't like their beloved phone. For the life of me I cannot work out what else would motivate such prickly reactions to any kind of criticism.
    Its crackberry you dumb *** its not crackphone or crackdroid!

Mr Bigs likes this.
    08-28-11 03:50 PM
    I think the OP got just what he deserved !! Every review has stated how much faster this phone is and how good the keyboard is so what gives ?It's easyu return it put your sim back into the old outdated slow 9000 and keep it moving !!! I fail to understand why you don't understand how frustrating it is to read absurd threads like this like were all wrong in liking this phone.
    Absolutely! How dare he have a difference of opinion. I agree it's sooooo frustrating when you realize not everyone thinks the same. People who think differently should be marched off to the nearest Gulag!
    oldrascal and kevinnugent like this.
    08-28-11 03:51 PM
    Its crackberry you dumb *** its not crackphone or crackdroid!

So Blackberry users aren't allowed to have any negative or adverse opinions about a Blackberry device? I must admit I find people like you a little unnerving.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-28-11 03:52 PM
    This has spiraled out of control. OP stated his opinion, and you have the right to agree or disagree. However, this is no longer on topic, though it's been cleaned up once before, so now it's being closed. Move along people.
    08-28-11 04:30 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD