i did a battery pull on my BB. while i took out the battery i held down the end call button while placing the battery back in the BB. the red LED light started blinking and in a result of this, my BB cannot turn back on. What i already had done.:

Pressed the (three) reboot buttons.
    Held on button.
    I tried the same thing as when i nuked it. held end call button and place battery in/out.
    Plugged it in computer ( desktop manger) does not read any usb plugged in.

is there a secret way to turn on this phone again.????
    10-05-11 09:50 PM
    No indication of LED light. It is completely dead.
    10-05-11 10:07 PM
    Sorry to hear you gave your phone a concussion - not sure it's all dead though.

If you've got Desktop Manager installed already please use a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC and bring up DM. Do you see anything? Does it try to connect?

Idea 2:
    Can you go to your Optus' website and download the OS for your phone - install it on your PC and then use "Loader" to try and reset your device?
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...C70BF884.node1

(go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" and type "loader /resettofactory" and see if that gets it back?)

Option 2 will make you sad if you haven't done a backup, however, as it really does reset to factory.
    10-05-11 10:18 PM
    Try this:
    - Remove battery
    - Remove sim card
    - Remove media card storage
    10-05-11 11:01 PM
    Sorry to hear you gave your phone a concussion - not sure it's all dead though.

If you've got Desktop Manager installed already please use a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC and bring up DM. Do you see anything? Does it try to connect?

Idea 2:
    Can you go to your Optus' website and download the OS for your phone - install it on your PC and then use "Loader" to try and reset your device?
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...C70BF884.node1

(go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" and type "loader /resettofactory" and see if that gets it back?)

Option 2 will make you sad if you haven't done a backup, however, as it really does reset to factory.
    when i plug the BB into DM nothing is connected. there must be secret button to press to get it on again if there's buttons to nuke it..... i challenge us BB users.!
    10-06-11 03:54 AM
    Try this:
    - Remove battery
    - Remove sim card
    - Remove media card storage
    Sorry that didnt work either. thanks anyway.
    10-06-11 03:55 AM
    Good thing my Blackberry hasn't died yet. I'd be fooked learning how to fix it since it's been ages I tried fixing my last phone which was a sony ericsson of some model.
    10-06-11 06:26 AM
    i sent it back to my Carrier. if they cannot turn it back on. they will renew me with another one. hope they turn it on and return it. my Life is on that phone.
    10-08-11 02:17 AM
    I was about creating a new thread, but I found this thread. Maybe too late however I just had my BB 9900 nuked couple days a go.

Symptom is my BB just went dead in the morning, when I reinserting battery, LED activity turning Red for a while and nothing happened.

This morning I had my BB back, here is what I did.
    1. Apploader do not detect my PIN
    2. Remove SIM, MicroSD card
    3. While keeping the cable plugged in I remove the battery
    4. Apploader then recognize my BB (PIN showed up), plug battery in and click next button.
    5. It starts erasing the system, and loading the system software (screen of BB is black) then stucked when it tried to reboot device
    6. Unplug the USB cable and let the device boot, do not close the apploader (it said waiting device to reboot)
    7. Device then able to boot and stopped halfway, I got 507 error message.
    8. After 507 error message showed up, reconnect the usb cable, the loading continues until finish.
    9. Loader said complete and unplug usb cable and device works

The problem I have now is the device could not restart if usb cable connected to PC or charger and my battery is not able to charged on the phone. I charged my battery with desktop charger now (Y-cable charger)
    However my BB works now.

Hope helps.

Note: OS running when was nuked 7.1.0.342 now run original latest Rogers OS 7.0.0.585
    linuxbbm likes this.
    04-21-12 08:54 PM
    I was about creating a new thread, but I found this thread. Maybe too late however I just had my BB 9900 nuked couple days a go.

Symptom is my BB just went dead in the morning, when I reinserting battery, LED activity turning Red for a while and nothing happened.

This morning I had my BB back, here is what I did.
    1. Apploader do not detect my PIN
    2. Remove SIM, MicroSD card
    3. While keeping the cable plugged in I remove the battery
    4. Apploader then recognize my BB (PIN showed up), plug battery in and click next button.
    5. It starts erasing the system, and loading the system software (screen of BB is black) then stucked when it tried to reboot device
    6. Unplug the USB cable and let the device boot, do not close the apploader (it said waiting device to reboot)
    7. Device then able to boot and stopped halfway, I got 507 error message.
    8. After 507 error message showed up, reconnect the usb cable, the loading continues until finish.
    9. Loader said complete and unplug usb cable and device works

The problem I have now is the device could not restart if usb cable connected to PC or charger and my battery is not able to charged on the phone. I charged my battery with desktop charger now (Y-cable charger)
    However my BB works now.

Hope helps.

Note: OS running when was nuked 7.1.0.342 now run original latest Rogers OS 7.0.0.585
    Thanks and OS 7.0.0.585 is SOLID AMAZING OS i ever tried!
    Thanks for all you wrote, its gonna help others
    04-22-12 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD