I currently own a Bold 9700 in black and it seems that everywhere I go everyone has the white version. I am totally waiting to get the Bold 9900...but I will have to exercise lots of patience because I want the white version..... Cant wait.
    EverythingPink likes this.
    07-29-11 08:35 AM
    Electronics.
    Should.
    Not.
    Be.
    White.
    EVER.
    /jmo
    //fwiw
    ///ymmv
    ////SLASH! AAaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
    07-29-11 09:10 AM
    you know I've been wanting a white one too but AT&T doesn't like getting the white versions for some reason except most recently they got the Torch in white but I don't like that one so hopefully they release the 9900 with both options.
    07-29-11 09:22 AM
    Electronics.
    Should.
    Not.
    Be.
    White.
    EVER.
    /jmo
    //fwiw
    ///ymmv
    ////SLASH! AAaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
    Very true. IMO. My GF has a white Bold and it cheapens the look.
    07-29-11 09:45 AM
    I currently own a Bold 9700 in black and it seems that everywhere I go everyone has the white version. I am totally waiting to get the Bold 9900...but I will have to exercise lots of patience because I want the white version..... Cant wait.
    Is this a Bourne Ultimatum??
    totallygone likes this.
    07-29-11 09:47 AM
    white looks so cheap : >
    07-29-11 09:52 AM
    Is this a Bourne Ultimatum??
    I have spoken!
    07-29-11 09:53 AM
    im confused.
    your topic says need, but you say want.

what is it? a need or a want?
    as a consumer you must figure this out.
    07-29-11 09:56 AM
    im confused.
    your topic says need, but you say want.

what is it? a need or a want?
    as a consumer you must figure this out.
    I need the Bold 9900, and I want it in white...

Also, electronics can be any color you want them to be.
    07-29-11 10:02 AM
    I currently have the 9780 in white and its beautiful IMO. It's actually more of a pearl color than white, white.

I love it... Def riding with you for a white 9900!!!!
    totallygone likes this.
    07-29-11 10:04 AM
    I currently have the 9780 in white and its beautiful IMO. It's actually more of a pearl color than white, white.
    That's because it's getting dirty/yellowing. White electronics NEVER stay white. White shows every speck of dirt, every scratch, and every second of UV exposure.

They *CAN*. Doesn't mean they *SHOULD*. For the record, I also don't think it's right to Bedazzle a Benz. You *CAN*:

I just don't think you *SHOULD*. And I think most would agree with me on this.

Again, this is simply my opinion, and the reasons for it.
    Last edited by rrrebo; 07-29-11 at 10:29 AM.
    07-29-11 10:24 AM
    That's because it's getting dirty/yellowing. White electronics NEVER stay white. White shows every speck of dirt, every scratch, and every second of UV exposure.
    The coloring isn't at all caused by yellowing. The phone has a natural pearl shimmer/sheen to it....

I never experienced yellowing but I know some have complained about the battery door turning color, but I never had that problem.
    totallygone likes this.
    07-29-11 10:48 AM

I love it... Def riding with you for a white 9900!!!!
    Your font color makes my eyes bleed
    Phil DeLong and rrrebo like this.
    07-29-11 10:55 AM
    The coloring isn't at all caused by yellowing. The phone has a natural pearl shimmer/sheen to it....

I never experienced yellowing but I know some have complained about the battery door turning color, but I never had that problem.
    That's not how it supposed to be. Take a look at a brand new white Bold. its WHITE. You're seeing what the sun has done to your Bold. And you're taking it as its true color.
    rrrebo likes this.
    07-29-11 10:58 AM

Exactly and if the door of the Bold 9900 is made out of carbon fiber, I doubt it will change color. Plus I always accessorize my Blackberry....so it will have the protective case over it.
    mozzamay likes this.
    07-29-11 10:58 AM
    ever heard of white out?
    07-29-11 11:03 AM
    Your font color makes my eyes bleed
    Why, thank you!

LOL

That's not how it supposed to be. Take a look at a brand new white Bold. its WHITE. You're seeing what the sun has done to your Bold. And you're taking it as its true color.
    No, my phone has been this way since the day it was purchased. Actually, that was one of the reasons why I purchased it!
    07-29-11 11:05 AM
    Exactly and if the door of the Bold 9900 is made out of carbon fiber, I doubt it will change color. Plus I always accessorize my Blackberry....so it will have the protective case over it.
    Yupp, I agree! LOL yess, I have a pink case protecting mines, so no worries here.
    totallygone likes this.
    07-29-11 11:08 AM
    Why, thank you!

LOL

That wasn't a compliment

No, my phone has been this way since the day it was purchased. Actually, that was one of the reasons why I purchased it!
    Your interpretation of white is off base.
    07-29-11 11:13 AM
    I need the Bold 9900, and I want it in white...

Colorware it. That is what I planned on doing but they will only sell ALL the parts not just some.

Too each their own. I never get white be it cars, electronics, etc but if that is what you are going for have at it.

Now if you simply wanted to highlight portions of the phone in white we should work out a deal (or anyone on the board for that matter.) I only want 1 piece to be orange, softouch and do not feel like paying well over $100 for 1 piece.
    07-29-11 11:18 AM
    Your interpretation of white is off base.
    Well, it was to me ((flips hair)).

Ohh ok... Check it out for yourself then.
    07-29-11 11:18 AM
    Well, it was to me ((flips hair)).

Ohh ok... Check it out for yourself then.
    I'm guessing that was supposed to be cute?

I'm looking right at a white bold, in hand. Its white. Not pearl or off white, not eggshell. White. I don't know why I am continuing this. If you ever hire a personal decorator, make sure you you both touch base when selecting COLORS.
    07-29-11 11:23 AM
    As Henry Ford once said..."Any customer can have a [BlackBerry] painted any colour that he [or she] wants so long as it is black."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 11:24 AM
    As Henry Ford once said..."Any customer can have a [BlackBerry] painted any colour that he [or she] wants so long as it is black."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wise man. I did a report on him years ago
    07-29-11 11:26 AM
    I'm guessing that was supposed to be cute?

I'm looking right at a white bold, in hand. Its white. Not pearl or off white, not eggshell. White. I don't know why I am continuing this. If you ever hire a personal decorator, make sure you you both touch base when selecting COLORS.
    Listen I'm not here to argue with trolls.....

Anyways, lets agree to disagree.
    07-29-11 11:27 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD