iPhone (original) released June 29, 2007, that is now 4 years.
    Blackberry 8830 released May, 2007, that is now 4 years.

iPhone came with "liquid" graphics
    - touch screen
    - etc

I am just ranting, I have been frustrated with RIM hardware/software since the release of the iPhone.
    05-02-11 12:34 PM
    You're free to buy the iPhone if you'd like.

But your list of things that the iPhone came with is a bit sparse.

- touch screen
    - etc
    lol.

iPhone had liquid graphics? How so?
    05-02-11 12:41 PM
    If the iphone offers what you want then get an iphone. Problem solved.
    05-02-11 12:43 PM
    The first iPhone came with a 412Mhz processor. This phone is modern, quit whining.
    05-02-11 12:45 PM
    You're free to buy the iPhone if you'd like.

But your list of things that the iPhone came with is a bit sparse.

lol.

iPhone had liquid graphics? How so?
    How do you define liquid graphics? I think people are more concerned with catch phrases than what they actually mean.

If it means some transparency and glow effects then I fail to see why it's even a factor. I would expect that SoC to fly on any screen with that many pixels (VGA vs. WVGA/qHD resolutions). It should be a cakewalk for it.

I also don't think the phone is 4 years too late. 18 months late, yes. But not 4 years. 1Ghz processors didn't become normal until after the HD2/Nexus 1. Bold/Torch hardware was pretty commonplace back in mid-2009, but they waited too long to get to the 1Ghz point.

Even WP7 devices will be shipping wiht Dual Core processors by Fall/Winter 2011, in addition to WebOS.

Hardware is starting to not matter to me anymore. It's all about the OS, Apps, Stock Functionality, and ecosystem right now... They are 4 years late in that respect, yes.

But not the phone hardware, where they'll still be 1-2 years behind practically every factorable competitor...
    05-02-11 12:54 PM
    Some people will never be satisfied. *smh* Well there is always android, iphone, wp7, web os etc. for you to go to.

I think this thread should be deleted.
    05-02-11 12:54 PM
    i am SO tired of pple saying "2 years late" "4 years late"
    srsly, so stupid

just ******* get another phone if you dont like what rim has to offer
    i just LOVE the 9900/9930 already, definitely getting it

and its by NO means 4 years too late, so ridiculous
    meganVee likes this.
    05-02-11 12:57 PM
    People I hate the iPhone, that was my reason to posting this.
    05-02-11 01:02 PM
    My brother just got an iPhone4 and I hate typing stuff on a glass. But I have to agree that iPhone has so many USEFUL apps compared to limited useless apps in RIM's App World.

If I phone came up with a physical slide out keyboard, I will switch to iPhone in a heartbeat.

Having said that, I have no option, but to stick with low-end Bold 9900/9930 because I need a keyboard to type fast.

All of my friends with iPhone have government apps such as transit apps, tax file update apps, road construction (direct from the city government) etc, etc, and my STUPID low end Blackberry 9700 have NOTHING on my phone that come close it!

iPhone is the Ferrari and Blackberry is Ford in general!!!
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-02-11 at 01:41 PM.
    zeteo likes this.
    05-02-11 01:37 PM
    and you're the king of douchebags
    05-02-11 01:44 PM
    How do you define liquid graphics? I think people are more concerned with catch phrases than what they actually mean.

This was my point. It's all marketing speak, so how the heck did iPhone have "liquid graphics" as well. After that the list only has "touch screen" and "etc".
    05-02-11 01:51 PM
    Having said that, I have no option, but to stick with low-end Bold 9900/9930 because I need a keyboard to type fast.
    !
    Low end? Seriously?

You do know that BB's aren't the only phones with keyboards, right? LG Quantum? Droid Pro? Do you care or are you just here to complain?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    meganVee likes this.
    05-02-11 02:18 PM
    I wouldn't say they're 4 years late, but IMO it is behind the times. This is the type of phone that probably could have been a hit 2 years ago, and I mean a hit with everybody, not BB fanboys... of course we like the phone, it is a big improvement over the 9700. But if you ask me, to be big in the market *today*, the phone needed "4g", video calls, and QNX. Why? because that's what people want today. I don't need video calls on my phone, I don't need "4g", and I can wait for QNX. But if you can go out and buy an android phone or an iphone for the same price, where you could find those features, people will generally opt for the device with better specs...

It's a good phone, but it isn't special.
    05-02-11 02:28 PM
    I wouldn't say they're 4 years late, but IMO it is behind the times. This is the type of phone that probably could have been a hit 2 years ago, and I mean a hit with everybody, not BB fanboys... of course we like the phone, it is a big improvement over the 9700. But if you ask me, to be big in the market *today*, the phone needed "4g", video calls, and QNX. Why? because that's what people want today. I don't need video calls on my phone, I don't need "4g", and I can wait for QNX. But if you can go out and buy an android phone or an iphone for the same price, where you could find those features, people will generally opt for the device with better specs...

It's a good phone, but it isn't special.
    There is no 4G iPhone yet.
    05-02-11 02:33 PM
    You do realize that in T-Mobile and AT&T's case that 4G is just a marketing term and Verizon's true 4G network has limited scope right now right?
    05-02-11 02:34 PM
    Yeah any talk of 4G is you being lied to by carriers for the most part.
    05-02-11 02:37 PM
    4 years late is going a little too far. By the time this device is released it will have the hardware of 18 month old Android devices...
    Machzy and SolarPlexus like this.
    05-02-11 02:40 PM
    There is no 4G iPhone yet.
    I realize.

You do realize that in T-Mobile and AT&T's case that 4G is just a marketing term and Verizon's true 4G network has limited scope right now right?
    Hence the quotes, I said "4g". It's still faster than 3g It's what the people want so it's what the people will buy. I don't think this phone will be converting many people.
    05-02-11 02:42 PM
    4 years late is going a little too far. By the time this device is released it will have the hardware of 18 month old Android devices...
    The only Android device with a 1.2GHz processor is the Droid 2 Global, and I believe the only the HTC Thunderbolt has 768mb of RAM. Also there's no Android phone with the capacity for 40GB of combined storage. Thunderbolt was advertised with 8GB onboard storage, only came with ~2.5 user accessible. This phone is hardly out of date.
    05-02-11 02:57 PM
    First iphone was EDGE only, not even 3G, never mind 4G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 03:03 PM
    I would gladly trash my Thunderbolt for this phone... The only hesitation is LTE because I have LTE 100% of the time. Going from LTE to EVDO is rough....
    05-02-11 03:04 PM

- touch screen
    - etc

I am just ranting, I have been frustrated with RIM hardware/software since the release of the iPhone.
    4 Years late? What iPhones had a 1GHz processor 4 years ago?
    05-02-11 03:29 PM
    I would gladly trash my Thunderbolt for this phone... The only hesitation is LTE because I have LTE 100% of the time. Going from LTE to EVDO is rough....
    im sure the 9900 would make you very happy : P
    05-02-11 03:36 PM
    i dont think RIM are the type of company to sit down and say "lets build and iphone beater!"

Its not in there interest to focus on this point as they wont accomplish it.

Apple has its foot well and truley at the top of the market.

RIMs main focus is to keep its existing customers happy, and to give them what they have asked for.
    They are trying to reclaim market share with the monza, but that wont do as intened, it will only please the few that want an all touch screen blackberry.

Apple aim for everyone, RIM want to please the business men, followed by everyone else.

RIM have had the storm for years, that was their attempt at the iphone, but even they have admitted that was a flop.
    05-02-11 03:41 PM

- touch screen
    - etc

I agree with your ideas. I would not say four years too late, maybe two. I would have much rather had a storm that actually worked than an original iphone.
    05-02-11 03:49 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD