So I've been using my 9900 for quite some time now and I would love RIM to come out with a full touchscreen using the 9900 form factor. I have a matte screen protector which makes the touchscreen even better!

Some thoughts:
    1) The 9900 is perfect in design - thickness, aluminium trimmings, everything. It's such a beautiful design. Using the same for factor would make a full-touchscreen device even better.

2) Given that the 9900 is wider, that means a wider touchscreen keyboard could be well designed. The Keyboard would potentially be even better than the Apple iPhone keyboard given the slightly wider design.

3) All the side buttons - lock button, volume, shutter, convenience key will remain the same. This will make the phone better than the iPhone. The USB charger / connector is far more superior than the iPhone/iPod connector.

I've done a concept photo below. Let me know your thoughts!!!

Hopefully someone from RIM can read this!

lma13 likes this.
    11-07-11 12:00 AM
    Yeah...that would be the 9860 only Wider and silver chrome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 12:05 AM
    Not to be nit-picky, but what you're saying is kind of contradictory -- I think you're talking about using the exterior design for an all touch device, because the form factor is the phone with a physical keyboard. But the good news is, what you're describing is quite likely what the first BBX phone will be.
    11-07-11 12:06 AM
    haha yes, I do mean the external design - basically, everything the same except for keyboard.

But you get the idea =)

They will just need to install a bigger battery to support the power charge for a full screen instead of half a screen.

I'm looking at my 9900 now and can totally see the phone being a full touchscreen w/out a keyboard. And, if you hold the 9900 in landscape mode (on the side), it seems to fit in your hand perfectly - much better than an iPhone. And the design/look will still be very suitable for corporate use (aka. doesn't look like a toy)!

(drooling)
    11-07-11 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD