Hi everyone,

I need to vent for a second.

RIM, I am part of a HUGE demographic that you are shooting for. I am 24 years old, registered nurse, iPhone user (former, but more on that soon), and tech nerd. Over time, my needs from a cell phone have shifted from awesome camera, apps, games, and cool features to something that just works as a reliable phone, rock solid email, and messaging. The MOST I need from apps are a dedicated RSS reader and the weather. I feel as if cell phone companies have focused so much on doing OTHER things besides being a phone that the core features of communication have been neglected. I would much rather receive my e-mail from a medical school saying I've been accepted than have access to a 291219 games and cool apps. Bottom line: I need a reliable communicator NOW, for both my personal and professional life.

I have had multiple cell phones over the past few years ranging from the nexus one, iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4, the HTC desire Z, and Samsung focus as well as blackberry 9700. In that time, I have learned to appreciate the various OS's pros and cons have haven't really subscribed myself as a "fanboy" to any particular OS. I stuck with the company that interested me the most at that particular time in my life. However, one thing is for certain: that damn blackberry was the BEST at delivering what I needed, when I needed it, and it was the BEST communicator I've ever owned.

So, I decided it was time to dump my iPhone 4 for a blackberry. I loved my iPhone 4, it was a great phone. However the email capabilities are NOT a priority for Apple. After hearing about the 9900, I was extremely excited. It sounded like the perfect blackberry device and would make an easy transition for someone coming from touchscreen phones over the past few years. And I waited, and waited, and waited. And the 9900 is still not available for At&t. Even worse, no sign of a release date.

My iPhone 4 was stolen last month, was using my Samsung Focus as a backup for awhile but it started acting very weird with my email and at this time in my life I need something reliable NOW. The best choice I had for my budget was the Samsung Galaxy S2 for At&t. This is a great phone. Screen is beautiful. Fast performance. Tons of apps. Awesome customization. However, after a few days of having it, I still find myself googleing "At&t 9900 bold release date" hoping I can return this thing within my return period.

RIM: DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. YOUR MARKET SHARE IS RAPIDLY DECLINING AND I AM WAITING AND WILLING TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY AND DEDICATION TO YOUR PLATFORM. EITHER KICK THIS CARRIER IN THE ***, SELL YOUR DAMN PHONES UNLOCKED, OR YOU WILL LOSE ME AS A CUSTOMER.

I had no choice but to buy this phone. I don't want this phone, I want the 9900. However, I still need a cell phone for the time being. It just annoys the **** out of me knowing that there are people like me waiting and willing to jump onto blackberry, but we are neglected. Whether this is an At&t or RIM issue I am not sure. I'll just keep on using my lovely new android phone with its subpar email capabilities and over-emphasis on everything else besides being a damn phone. I guess it's not that lovely after all.

Rant over.

Paul
    Zudeo likes this.
    10-09-11 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD