08-01-11 03:02 PM
    My GUESS, and it's a total guess would be the announcement would be Wednesday at the fan event.
    08-01-11 03:06 PM
    Yep, it should be on the 3rd.....
    08-01-11 03:08 PM
    I think maybe since RIM is totally lagging that... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up when RIM has more to release than rumors and misleading tweets.
    08-01-11 03:10 PM
    i HOPE they say something at fan night, but i'm not going to expect it for fear of being let down... again...
    08-01-11 03:16 PM
    here we go again!
    James Wang likes this.
    08-01-11 03:18 PM
    here we go again!
    I bet we'll "go" a hundred more times before the actual release
    08-01-11 03:21 PM
    well sir, if you were paying attention to the whole BB7Fannight you would realize that the devices will be announced on that day or before.

they wouldnt have a fan night and let strangers in and get a free device and then be like ' YOU CANT TELL ANYONE'

common sense.
    08-01-11 03:21 PM
    Watch them announce a new Twitter client or something at Fan Night!
    James Wang and FoxxBerry like this.
    08-01-11 03:22 PM
    well sir, if you were paying attention to the whole BB7Fannight you would realize that the devices will be announced on that day or before.

they wouldnt have a fan night and let strangers in and get a free device and then be like ' YOU CANT TELL ANYONE'

common sense.
    Or they can give everyone a free device and simply not say anything about the general release date.

obviously possible
    08-01-11 03:24 PM
    I see them announcing on Wednesday since this is an actual event. With all Torch variants looking to launch on some carriers this month, now is the time to unveil them officially.

Otherwise they will do what they do at times and just launch them out of thin air.
    08-01-11 03:26 PM

common sense.
    I believe you quoted the wrong person. Otherwise your post doesn't make much sense. May want to change it and/or apologize to the OP..
    08-01-11 03:31 PM
    08-01-11 03:40 PM
    How does one go to BB7fanNight in toronto...do u need an invitation..can anyone go..where is it....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 03:53 PM
    How does one go to BB7fanNight in toronto...do u need an invitation..can anyone go..where is it....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hi, yes u need an invite. they selected 40 contest winners...
    08-01-11 04:17 PM
    My GUESS, and it's a total guess would be the announcement would be Wednesday at the fan event.
    nope, thats gotta be wrong, the fan night is more an `after party`, there is a press event in london in the morning.
    BlackBerry 9900 official launch event

so of course they would have to announce whatever they are going to at that event, meaning theyd be announcing it early am toronto time, so the logic is they announce them and the press embargo lifts at midnight tuesday (toronto time).
    James Wang likes this.
    08-01-11 04:39 PM
    I can't wait... I'll be doing nothing, but refreshing RSS feeds at work
    08-01-11 05:31 PM
    My instinct is that we'll hear nothing about 9900. May be about torch 9850/60. Hope I'm proved wrong by RIM
    08-01-11 05:40 PM
    Watch them announce a new Twitter client or something at Fan Night!
    Let's hope it helps them with their grammar.
    08-01-11 05:47 PM
    My guess is - 6am rim will post press releases on their website announcing new phones, and released dates for the bold and lift any NDA/embargos on review units
    london event - give uk release dates for the bold, maybe announce BB7 phones
    toronto fan night - fans will get hands on time with all BB7 phones
    08-01-11 06:06 PM
    Their promotional events, announcements, even commercials are awful. These "fan parties" people were invited to via the contest require you to pay big bucks for last minute travel to Toronto and wherever else. They get people fired up with tweets and the like and then miss a huge oppertunity. After that, they spit out recycled tips.TV adverts are horrible (remember those BBM spots about the weird dudes in the antique shop, another about getting weird designs carved into one's head at a barber shop, how about "I totally know you read that! Don't like even play me!") They need to get some good PR people in there immediately!
    08-01-11 06:29 PM
    My guess is - 6am rim will post press releases on their website announcing new phones, and released dates for the bold and lift any NDA/embargos on review units
    If RIM does all that in one day, the life on earth will end. They at least can't stop us dreaming.

Any how, the main point is, it is up to the carriers to announce release date for 9900/9930, so I would advise everyone to not get their hopes up.
    08-01-11 06:38 PM
    i can see that being totally accurate, however 6am (toronto time) would be too late as the uk event starts at half 9 am, which is why i think they`ll do it midnight toronto time, or at least before 9am uk time.

If RIM does all that in one day, the life on earth will end. They at least can't stop us dreaming.

Any how, the main point is, it is up to the carriers to announce release date for 9900/9930, so I would advise everyone to not get their hopes up.
    i can see them dropping carrier dates, much like when they did the torch launch they dropped the at+t date for the usa and the uk dates at the uk event, either way we wont have long to wait
    08-01-11 06:49 PM
    Would BB announce anything carrier related? I thought that would be the carriers job to do that? Well if steve jobs can do it....
    08-01-11 11:18 PM
    Steve doesn't rely soley on carrier sales. In fact Apple set the terms and conditions of their sale from day one. The carriers clamour after Apple. Different beast altogether.
    08-01-11 11:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD