OK Pretend I did not say 9930, act like I said Monaco or Monza (Touch)

I am very interested in the Touch. I swore that I would never use a glass keyboard but after using iPhone and now the Galaxy S2, I find it works well and the extra large screen size is fantastic to look at while on the Internet!

I love the idea of the 9900 but a touch with a screen that small will leave some feeling . . . . well it is about the same size screen we are using now.

Anyone else wanting the Touch?
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-25-11 at 06:29 PM. Reason: I screwed up!
    05-25-11 06:10 PM
    I am very interested in the 9930. I swore that I would never use a glass keyboard but after using iPhone and now the Galaxy S2, I find it works well and the extra large screen size is fantastic to look at while on the Internet!

I love the idea of the 9900 but a touch with a screen that small will leave some feeling . . . . well it is about the same size screen we are using now.

Anyone else getting the 9930
    You just looking for a wicked response?
    The good thing about BlackBerry's new device line up is that they have a form factor for just about everyone. The 9930 is not for people that want an extra large screen. The full touch screen BB is. Im ready for this device.
    05-25-11 06:15 PM
    Used virtual keyboard on iphone loved it.

Used on android hated it.

Used swype. Loved
    it.

Used BB loved it more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 06:19 PM
    You just looking for a wicked response?
    The good thing about BlackBerry's new device line up is that they have a form factor for just about everyone. The 9930 is not for people that want an extra large screen. The full touch screen BB is. Im ready for this device.
    I see why you would think so. I made booboo and should have said Monza or Monaco or Touch!
    05-25-11 06:30 PM
    I'm not sure if I'll go full touch next time around or go with the Bold style. I do really like the larger real estate on my Torch. Whatever I get has to have wi-fi hotspot as a feature so I REALLY hope the next gen phones have it. (even better would be an update that let's my Torch do it in the interim)
    05-25-11 06:35 PM
    I wasn't too impressed with the Touch's look, the front facing looks outdated, while the back looks new, and maybe just me, but it looks too slim also. But in the end, it really is what form factor you'd like. I love the classic Bold 9930 look with the classy stainless steel brushed frame. According to a few BB fansite polls I've seen, the Bold 9900/9930 leads all other new BB devices by a wide margin, like 52% to the Touch 21%.

05-25-11 06:39 PM
    I am waiting for the 9930
    05-25-11 06:50 PM
    Maybe it's just me but I feel like the whole point of having a Blackberry is the easy access to the great keyboard. To me that's the appeal. Why get an all-touch device when there are greatly superior touch devices on the market, unless BBM is truly that epically important to you.

But yeah, that's just me.
    05-25-11 06:51 PM
    I keep trying to use the keyboard on iSteve touch, but I hate it because I can't feel my typing what so ever.
    05-25-11 08:51 PM
    I wasn't too impressed with the Touch's look, the front facing looks outdated, while the back looks new, and maybe just me, but it looks too slim also. But in the end, it really is what form factor you'd like. I love the classic Bold 9930 look with the classy stainless steel brushed frame. According to a few BB fansite polls I've seen, the Bold 9900/9930 leads all other new BB devices by a wide margin, like 52% to the Touch 21%.

Slim is in. You should see my Samsung Galaxy S2! This but POWERFUL and has the best screen on the market. It is no Blackberry but will sure entertain till RIM delivers in the 3rd quarter.

Everything is TOO thin if you are using a 9800!
    05-26-11 06:39 AM
    I keep trying to use the keyboard on iSteve touch, but I hate it because I can't feel my typing what so ever.
    That is what is nice about the Galaxy S2 is it has haptic feedback and you actually "feel" when you have pressed a imaginary key. It is not as good as a hard keyboard but the size of the superior screen is a plus for some.
    05-26-11 06:50 AM
    Slim is in. You should see my Samsung Galaxy S2! This but POWERFUL and has the best screen on the market. It is no Blackberry but will sure entertain till RIM delivers in the 3rd quarter.

Everything is TOO thin if you are using a 9800!
    Sorry, I ment to say the screen size itself looks too slim, seems like it should be wider. And wow, yes the Galaxy S2 IS pretty thin...but when the Bold 9930 is fianlly releaed it'll be BlackBerry's thinnest with a 10.5mm thickness.

05-26-11 08:30 AM
    10.5mm IS thin. Seems like it would be broken without a lot of trying. <sad>
    05-26-11 08:37 AM
    I currently have the HTC Inspire 4G 4.3 inch screen, even used the Samsung infuse 4G 4.5 inch screen goodness for a few days. Virtual keyboards, haptic feedbacks, Swype, etc, etc...and guess what I still miss the Blackberry Keyboard and its easy messaging functions. I've had my share of Blackberry devices btw.

Those large screen devices look nice when viewing most content, but as far as typing goes it just doesnt satisfy me like the blackberry did. Not too mention, bigger screen usually equates to more heat and battery consumption. Seriously considering the 9900, as a matter of fact I'm getting it , and supplementing it with some small tablet or netbook granted that tetherberry still works on OS7/QNX....theres my big screen

I'm looking forward to the 9900, heck if its that much of a success with its touch screen I wouldnt mind a model just like it with a bigger screen and Blackberry keyboard because I feel a Blackberry isnt a Blackberry unless it has its full size qwerty keyboard. I know the device would be large but probably worth it. I just hope Blackberry catches up with app support with its new Qnx OS....even if it means running Android apps. Wouldnt entirely be a bad thing.
    05-26-11 09:56 AM
    I couldn't handle typing on the smaller touchscreens like the Incredible and iPhone but it was much easier to me on the 4+" devices like the Incredible2 and Droid X. Because of the great physical KB the 9930 will have I think the 3" screen will be plenty.Plus the pinch-to-zoom touchscreen will allow for easier web browsing than just scrolling with the touchpad.

05-26-11 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD