A while ago our commander and chief left a rather helpful blog post for those of us who want to put a case on our 99xx and still have a holster to fit with it and get all the holster perks. The post can be found here:

BlackBerry Case Tip: BlackBerry Bold 9000 Leather Holster works with the Bold 9930 / 9900 Hard and Soft Shell Case! | CrackBerry.com

Note that he said the koskin holster doesnt fit, only the leather holster fits. I didnt see that because after reading the first sentence or two I sprung into action. I did buy his hard shell but hit ebay for a 9000 holster cuz it was cheap. Turns out it was the koskin, I read the rest of his blog post later after everything was shipping and almost ordered another holster! After it came in I tried it out and it works just fine. So kevin, your great, but you are wrong. Ill give ya a break because as far as heads of state go thats a rather small mistake on your part. Below are some pics.

acrogenesis likes this.
    10-02-11 11:24 PM
    Good job In jamming that oversized phone into a storm 9000 case, grats!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    amyh074 likes this.
    10-02-11 11:26 PM
    Actually its a Bold 9000 case, and I didnt have to jam it, fits in perfectly with the hardshell on. The link may provide more context for you.
    10-02-11 11:32 PM
    Koskin works with the 9930 Commuter also.

NursingNinja likes this.
    10-02-11 11:35 PM
    This Koskin has a magnet as well? I may have to rethink the defender....LoL Less construction where I am now.
    10-02-11 11:37 PM
    Sorry I meant bold 9000, nice anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 11:46 PM
    A while ago our commander and chief left a rather helpful blog post for those of us who want to put a case on our 99xx and still have a holster to fit with it and get all the holster perks. The post can be found here:

BlackBerry Case Tip: BlackBerry Bold 9000 Leather Holster works with the Bold 9930 / 9900 Hard and Soft Shell Case! | CrackBerry.com

Note that he said the koskin holster doesnt fit, only the leather holster fits. I didnt see that because after reading the first sentence or two I sprung into action. I did buy his hard shell but hit ebay for a 9000 holster cuz it was cheap. Turns out it was the koskin, I read the rest of his blog post later after everything was shipping and almost ordered another holster! After it came in I tried it out and it works just fine. So kevin, your great, but you are wrong. Ill give ya a break because as far as heads of state go thats a rather small mistake on your part. Below are some pics.

Click to view quoted image

I'm sure Kevin will appreciate you being ever so kind and allowing him to have a break on this one. Also, maybe he will give you a pass on your poor grammar and use of punctuation.

On a more serious note, if not for Kevin's initial post - it might have taken much more time for someone to come to the realization that we could use either of the 9000 holsters on our new 9930s. You are pretty late to the party with your revelation as there have been several threads, posts, pictures, etc., documenting that it is, in fact, the 9000 Koskin, not the Leather, Holster that will fit the 9930 with a Hard Shell/Commuter on. Therefore, the "In-Your-Face-Kevin" post is not only redundant, but ridiculously unnecessary.
    10-02-11 11:55 PM
    I'm sure Kevin will appreciate you being ever so kind and allowing him to have a break on this one. Also, maybe he will give you a pass on your poor grammar and use of punctuation.

On a more serious note, if not for Kevin's initial post - it might have taken much more time for someone to come to the realization that we could use either of the 9000 holsters on our new 9930s. You are pretty late to the party with your revelation as there have been several threads, posts, pictures, etc., documenting that it is, in fact, the 9000 Koskin, not the Leather, Holster that will fit the 9930 with a Hard Shell/Commuter on. Therefore, the "In-Your-Face-Kevin" post is not only redundant, but ridiculously unnecessary.
    I shall surrender to your awesome knowledge and keyboard warrior skills. Should I pm you for permission to speak in the future? I dont know if you caught the fact that it was a joke....
    lovin2act and Chrisy like this.
    10-03-11 12:03 AM

And your "In-Your-Face-Nursingnija" post is even more unnecessary.
    Ease up Sparky
    10-03-11 12:07 AM

A sense of humor is quite a valuable thing... I highly recommend one.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9930
    10-03-11 12:17 AM

Ease up. It was obviously in jest.
    10-03-11 01:30 AM
    Koskin works with the 9930 Commuter also.

I didnt bother with the commuter because I thought it wouldnt fit, that looks really nice. Does it slide in well or do you have to force it?
    10-03-11 09:14 AM
    I was surprised to find that I could fit my 9930 into the OEM leather swivel holster made for the 9900/9930 with a gel case that I purchased off of Amazon.

Gel skin:
    Amazon.com: Flexi Gel SKin TPU SMOKE With CHECKERED PLAID Design Sleeve Glove Soft Cover Case for BLACKBERRY BOLD TOUCH 9900 9930 (T-MOBILE) [WCF515]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Holster:
    Amazon.com: Blackberry 9900/9930 Bold Leather Holster with Swivel Clip , Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It was a tight fit at first, but now it is a nice perfect snugness after letting the leather stretch a bit with the phone inside of it.

I was bummed about the holster at first because my phone slipped in and out of it way too loosely compared to the holster that came in the box from Verizon. But adding the gel case made it just right after a little time in the holster.
    10-03-11 12:36 PM
    Helpful post for those who are looking.
    10-03-11 12:44 PM
    I took Kevin's advice in the article and purchased the 9000 leather case (not koskin). This case works great with the hardshell, soft shell or even the Otterbox Commuter. The fit is a bit tight with the Commuter, but after a few days Its stretched just right.

Yes, the magnet works well too.
    10-03-11 06:12 PM
    Earlier last month I went on a quest to find a holster/case combo that would work. I found that the Koskin holster and Commuter Case and/or the hard shell case work perfectly. I had posted pictures of my find a few weeks ago.
    post from last month

The about post was primarily just pictures, but I posted several other threads regarding the issue. Sorry but I beat you to the punch!

But I do love this combo and by the sounds of it you do to! and that's all that really matters.
    Last edited by wrwrx; 10-04-11 at 09:05 AM.
    10-04-11 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD