Hi guys
    I've read planty of threats so i wanted to share my opinion about overcharging.
    Some people wrote that their batteries dry out very fast after they took their cellphones of charge when its totally full,immediately.
    It happens to me a lot.I wait for the battery to fully charge and when i take it of,it runs out soo fasttt!! (%10 in hour,not kidding)
    So i tried something else.In BBFAQ they say that battery cant be overcharged.But I kept my phone 30 min.more after getting full,hard to believe but it has lasted 4 whole days! (Modarete use,just bbm and email.3g is closed,screen light at %10 percent.)

So this is my opinion.Would like to hear more opinions from you guys.
    02-20-12 03:39 AM
    I agree, this has helped me too, mine has been on 3G and Wi-fi constantly now for over 1 day, that's an huge improvement since last week. Before that its almost been standing in the dock when I haven't used it active. I also it also helped deleting foursquare and appslock.
    02-20-12 04:44 AM
    Just to add to the discussion...If you have MeterBerry, you can see what happens when the battery is left to "overcharge". It looks like the battery charges until it's full and then stops charging. When the battery drops a couple of points, it charges it back up...and goes back and forth like that until it's disconnected. Maybe it's something to do with this re-cycling at the top end that's giving you better battery life.
    02-20-12 10:24 AM
    Hi guys
    Some people wrote that their batteries dry out very fast after they took their cellphones of charge when its totally full,immediately.
    It happens to me a lot.I wait for the battery to fully charge and when i take it of,it runs out soo fasttt!! (%10 in hour,not kidding)
    So i tried something else.In BBFAQ they say that battery cant be overcharged.But I kept my phone 30 min.more after getting full,hard to believe but it has lasted 4 whole days! (Modarete use,just bbm and email.3g is closed,screen light at %10 percent.)

It's possible that your battery status indication is no longer accurate. To re-sync you can let your battery drain out completely and then do a full charge. While these batteries perform better being constantly topped-up, a full drain followed by full charge once every couple months will keep the status indicator accurate.
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-20-12 10:48 AM
    Hi guys

4 days??? Right. I have mine on the charger often and then not so often... I have the same discharge rate no matter what. It only changes with my usage.
    02-20-12 11:17 AM
    I put the phone on the charger when I go to bed. No matter how low it is (usually not that low) it's not going to take more than 3 hours to charge it fully; probably only 2. So the rest of the time it's overcharging every single night. I have no idea whether this enhances battery life, but I don't really understand why one wouldn't put it on the charger at night. What can be gained by not doing so?
    02-20-12 11:22 AM
    I put the phone on the charger when I go to bed. No matter how low it is (usually not that low) it's not going to take more than 3 hours to charge it fully; probably only 2. So the rest of the time it's overcharging every single night. I have no idea whether this enhances battery life, but I don't really understand why one wouldn't put it on the charger at night. What can be gained by not doing so?
    this makes no difference. i charge my 9900 every night, and i still have charge it at work. unfortunately i forgot my charger today now im at 40% already with minimal use jus maybe 10 emails which i reply to via my pc, and a few bbms.

NB: i have the latest OS 7.1 leak and have "battery saving" mode set to "always on" it doesnt help one bit!
    02-20-12 12:53 PM
    Wouldn't fixing the phone make more sense? Warranty? wipe/reload? new battery?
    02-20-12 01:38 PM

That's what I was going to suggest. Try a new battery after that too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 03:01 PM
    That's what I was going to suggest. Try a new battery after that too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    Exactly... I've always wiped and reloaded my OS's as soon as there is as an indifference. This will help as well as watching your apps and how they change your devices performance.
    02-20-12 04:01 PM
    this makes no difference. i charge my 9900 every night, and i still have charge it at work. unfortunately i forgot my charger today now im at 40% already with minimal use jus maybe 10 emails which i reply to via my pc, and a few bbms.

NB: i have the latest OS 7.1 leak and have "battery saving" mode set to "always on" it doesnt help one bit!
    Make sure that your backlight setting is around 20 because if you set to the lowest 10, it automatically place in 70 or even 100 every time you reboot. This is a known bug and cause massive battery drains.
    02-20-12 04:11 PM
    there is no "overcharging" going on..the battery takes what it can take.. Charge is not PUSHED into a battery, a battery "accepts" charge on a curve, gradually accepting less and less charge current, and will typically take a full 8hrs or so to FULLY charge... the indicators and metering is at best approximate.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-20-12 05:51 PM
    Here's something solid that WILL help. Charge it to 100% JUST BEFORE you take it off the charger...in other words, don't charge it up all night and then take it off hours after it reaches full charge...because that 100% charge you're seeing when you take it off the charger, isn't really a full charge to 100%.

The charging circuit doesn't continue charging once it reaches 100%...it stops at 100%...and you will have battery drain while on the charger, not much, but some, until it moves enough to start charging again. Problem is, is that you don't know exactly where in the cycle it is at that point. Turn on the disability sounds and you'll get a tone once it has hit the 100% mark. That's going to make it easier for you to figure our when to take it off the charger.

What I have noticed works for a better, longer lasting charge, is simply charging for a few hours JUST BEFORE you take it off the charger. You will see that this gives you more battery life...not days obviously, but a good hour or so during the day.
    Last edited by FBA; 02-20-12 at 08:37 PM.
    02-20-12 08:33 PM
    I think we can all make ourselves believe anything we want..

But sticking to electronics principles and you are making an assumption that the battery meter is correct to better than 1% accuracy whereas chances are that it is at best 5% accurate.., the monitoring circuit is made with components that are likely to have (at best) 20% absolute and 5% relative accuracy and have temperature coefficients of several hundred ppm/degC

In addition, the charging characteristics you describe, that of a cycled on off trickle charge are just are not in $5 wall warts...intelligent chargers they are not...

fyi you can get or lose an hour a day of charge based solely on ambient temperature...thats a battery fact.

Here's something solid that WILL help. Charge it to 100% JUST BEFORE you take it off the charger...in other words, don't charge it up all night and then take it off hours after it reaches full charge...because that 100% charge you're seeing when you take it off the charger, isn't really a full charge to 100%.

The charging circuit doesn't continue charging once it reaches 100%...it stops at 100%...and you will have battery drain while on the charger, not much, but some, until it moves enough to start charging again. Problem is, is that you don't know exactly where in the cycle it is at that point. Turn on the disability sounds and you'll get a tone once it has hit the 100% mark. That's going to make it easier for you to figure our when to take it off the charger.

What I have noticed works for a better, longer lasting charge, is simply charging for a few hours JUST BEFORE you take it off the charger. You will see that this gives you more battery life...not days obviously, but a good hour or so during the day.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:00 PM

fyi you can get or lose an hour a day of charge based solely on ambient temperature...thats a battery fact.
    This is indeed a fact. I get the best life in colder temps. Warmer temps have made my batteries' discharge rate increase.
    02-21-12 12:22 PM
    I think we can all make ourselves believe anything we want..

But sticking to electronics principles and you are making an assumption that the battery meter is correct to better than 1% accuracy whereas chances are that it is at best 5% accurate.., the monitoring circuit is made with components that are likely to have (at best) 20% absolute and 5% relative accuracy and have temperature coefficients of several hundred ppm/degC

In addition, the charging characteristics you describe, that of a cycled on off trickle charge are just are not in $5 wall warts...intelligent chargers they are not...

You'd be amazed if you'd actually tried it, instead of trying to make me sound like an id!ot, and clearly, with your insinuations, that's exactly what you tried to do. I'm talking based solely on experience over the last 13 years with BlackBerry's...

You have no clue as to how the charge circuit works down to the nth degree on these devices...so you're not in a position to tell us anything based on "principles". Give us cold hard facts before you tell us your philosophical findings.

I am not surmising anything - unlike you, as you quote "basic electronic principles" theory- so before you p!ss all over the idea and try to rise above the rest of us using your Google-obtained knowledge, you might want to try it...so you don't like look like a complete fool when you're ultimately proven wrong, unless you're a full blown narcissist who can never "be wrong".
    02-21-12 01:45 PM
    I find it amusing that at any time someone brings facts and knowledge into a discussion people get offended...but that becomes your problem, not mine.

If you have, as I do, applicable experience in semiconductor, board level or system design then i would be happy to discuss this with you via pm, if not, then you are simply an opinionated user.

You'd be amazed if you'd actually tried it, instead of trying to make me sound like an id!ot, and clearly, with your insinuations, that's exactly what you tried to do. I'm talking based solely on experience over the last 13 years with BlackBerry's...

You have no clue as to how the charge circuit works down to the nth degree on these devices...so you're not in a position to tell us anything based on "principles". Give us cold hard facts before you tell us your philosophical findings.

I am not surmising anything - unlike you, as you quote "basic electronic principles" theory- so before you p!ss all over the idea and try to rise above the rest of us using your Google-obtained knowledge, you might want to try it...so you don't like look like a complete fool when you're ultimately proven wrong, unless you're a full blown narcissist who can never "be wrong".
    02-22-12 08:56 AM
    i leave my phone charging overnight, every night. removes charger from device about 7am every morning, battery lasts until 6-7pm before it hits the red zone. I have very few apps installed, bebuzz is installed, i use email and bbm mostly, rarely use facebook and that's about it. i recently installed the leaked os 7.1.0.267 and set battery save mode from 50%...i'll report back on how this goes. today is the first day i'm out to work since i installed 7.1.0.267...
    02-22-12 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD