I got my Bold a couple days ago from Verizon and immediately let it charge completely and then unplugged it. Twenty four hours later after *many* app installations and at least 4 hours of web browsing on wifi I sat at 30%battery and was completely shocked. I have always been a huge power user with the one acception being phone calls which I don't place or have often but man did I instantly believe in this thing as a workhorse despite the small battery.

Then I downloaded 7.1, crappville. Batter drops at least twice as fast with no additional apps downloaded or usage added. I'm sure it will be addressed and later fixed but at this time, especially if you already have issues getting through the day, I would avoid updating unless you have to.

I can't really comment on the features that 7.1 added because I'm not truly positive what they were or if I've used them. I know mobile hotspot was one but I haven't used that feature yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-12 02:07 PM
    Try removing the messager app's from your phone (yahoo, microsoft, and google)... help a lot with the battery life for me.
    01-11-12 02:35 PM
    My battery life has remained unchanged, unless I use the hotspot. Overall I am happy with the release.
    01-11-12 02:58 PM
    My battery life has remained unchanged, unless I use the hotspot. Overall I am happy with the release.
    Mine is better; I was barely making it 24 hours with 7.0.0.374.
    damule6666 likes this.
    01-11-12 03:00 PM
    Mine is draining faster than I'm used to also, have you tried the Blackberry Device Analyzer (Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Blackberry Device Analyzer>Battery Tests>Battery draining too quickly)? I just started recording data on my 9930 and am interested in what the culprit is. I'm not sure if the BDA is new to 7.0 or 7.1 but I hadn't noticed it until after I upgraded to 7.1.

Just a thought.
    pcgizmo#IM and levinej like this.
    01-11-12 03:05 PM
    I also find the battery life in .590 to be much better.
    01-11-12 03:13 PM
    Mine is draining faster than I'm used to also, have you tried the Blackberry Device Analyzer (Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Blackberry Device Analyzer>Battery Tests>Battery draining too quickly)? I just started recording data on my 9930 and am interested in what the culprit is. I'm not sure if the BDA is new to 7.0 or 7.1 but I hadn't noticed it until after I upgraded to 7.1.

Just a thought.
    Device analyzer is new to 7.1.
    01-11-12 03:48 PM
    how do you use the hotspot? are you on verizon? do you pay the fee?
    01-11-12 04:24 PM
    Verizon requires that you have a mobile hotspot/tethering plan in order to use the mobile hotspot feature on OS 7.1.

But once you have the plan, it works well.
    01-11-12 05:00 PM
    My battery life seemed to get alittle better with the 7.1 download
    01-11-12 05:13 PM
    better battery life with the 7.1 upgrade here too
    01-11-12 05:35 PM
    Does the latest version of 7.1 have the IP solo mode set to enabled or disabled?

I remember someone saying that it was enabled but I am not too sure.
    01-11-12 06:29 PM
    My battery life remains unchanged. I am very pleased with the battery life. My Wi-Fi works MUCH better now on 7.1. Not near as much dropping the signal and re-acquiring it. VERY PLEASED with this update!!!
    01-11-12 06:47 PM
    Try removing the messager app's from your phone (yahoo, microsoft, and google)... help a lot with the battery life for me.
    Is this a fact? Do these apps actually suck battery life?
    01-11-12 07:41 PM
    Totally untrue.
    MrVeda likes this.
    01-11-12 07:43 PM
    For those of you who haven't seen a change in battery life I think that's great. I just couldn't avoid starting a thread when everything from where I'm using my phome to the exact applications that are on my phone has stayed the same and my battery life has declined so greatly. Even another charge I'm seeing the same thing, maybe a setting got changed that I missed?
    01-11-12 07:51 PM
    Not on their own. Depends in how much use they get - how much is transmitted, especially files like pictures and so forth, combined with the screen lit up will be determining factors.
    01-11-12 07:53 PM
    What apps do you have running? Are you completely closing out of apps when you are finished using them? Maybe some of the apps you installed are draining battery...

Battery life for me on 7.1 has been just as good as 7.0, if not better.

Also, some times it takes a little bit of time for the OS to 'settle in,' which may at time cause battery drains.
    01-11-12 07:54 PM
    Give it a couple of charge cycles. For some reason each time I install a new OS on my 9930 the battery life is very bad on the first charge cycle. Then it goes back to normal.
    01-11-12 07:54 PM
    My battery life on 7.1 has been excellent and continues to get better. With GPS, Bluetooth, wifi and NFC on, Berryweather updating every 30 minutes, ubersocial every 10 minutes and Facebook every hour, I was at 66% today after 8 hours. I charged the phone for about 15 minutes and still have 75% left at bedtime. Couldn't ask for more.
    01-11-12 09:11 PM
    After OS 7.1 install do the following

1) make sure you have latest appworld. You may need to visit BlackBerry App World from your 9930. Follow prompts and see if the download is newer than your version.

2) Once new appworld is installed watch for it to notify you for app updates. Install ALL updates. In some cases you need to refresh appworld. Open appworld and on the keyboard hold ALT and type R-S-T.

3) In your push apps (Facebook, News, other social media apps, etc..) make sure the check for updates is set to 1 hour or 2 hours. Some check every 10-15 minutes.

4) If you are not using NFC, Wifi and/or Bluetooth, disable them in Connection Manager.

That's a good start. See if this improves things for you.
    01-11-12 10:03 PM
    What will alt RST in the App world do? Thanks for the replies!
    01-12-12 12:01 AM
    What will alt RST in the App world do? Thanks for the replies!
    It refreshes app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-12 12:33 AM
    3) In your push apps (Facebook, News, other social media apps, etc..) make sure the check for updates is set to 1 hour or 2 hours. Some check every 10-15 minutes.
    You can also set them to never update/refresh... as soon as you open them they auomatically refresh.
    01-12-12 12:36 AM
    I'm a complainer too unfortunately. Fully charged at 5.00 and at 11.30 down to 70% after 10 emails,40 minutes of surfing on wifi, one 15min call. No social apps, only BW updating every 2 hours and BZ. The rest are core apps.
    01-12-12 01:37 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD