My major issue with 7.1 is that Google Local Search no longer works for me. If I could have gotten it to work I would have kept it. I have downgraded to 7.0 again.
    01-12-12 03:08 AM
    Try removing the messager app's from your phone (yahoo, microsoft, and google)... help a lot with the battery life for me.
    Totally untrue.
    +1 I have Yahoo, GTalk and BBM installed. They've never been battery killers.
    01-12-12 07:35 AM
    If these forums were representative of the population, a statistician would tell you there is no significant relationship between OS version and battery life. Ain't that a nipple twister? How much of the forum is about this? 20%? More? It's a funny world.
    01-12-12 09:55 AM
    the 7.1 on Sprint didn't do it for me either. After installing, my 9930 got so slow that even the timer function would freeze. Rolled back to 7.0 and it's all good again. Besides, the wifi capability of 7.1 is useless to me (not going to pay $30/month to get hot spot for my PB when I can Bridge for free).
    01-12-12 10:23 AM
    My battery life's better too. After the update, my battery was fully charged and stayed at 100%. I didn't see any immediate drop. I took it off the charger around midnight and at 10 am, I had 75% battery. Granted, I have it automatically shut off between 2am - 3am but when I checked my battery strength at 10am, I also realized I had facebook, weather channel and options open the whole time too.
    01-12-12 10:41 AM
    I have not seen any posts regarding the new "Application Management" in 7.1. Go there and scroll left-right. Pretty useful features IMO.

As-far-as battery life, I'm having absolutely no issues.. it may even be better.

I did have an issue with my alarm clock. I went into alarm clock options, turned it to silent, picked a different mp3, saved, exited; went back to options and set it as my regular and it works fine now. Qwirk?
    Mom2One likes this.
    01-12-12 10:53 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-apps-687509/

It may very well be that you're running some apps that are very regularly poll their server for new information. And some of these apps may be hidden, such as Blackberry Travel.

running a test again - let's see what the results are in about 12 hrs.
    01-12-12 11:35 AM
    I use Skype all day... mainly IMg, Facebook at the lowest auto-update (5 mins?), Twitter, Google Talk, foursquare, whatsapp, plus the usual native apps. Again, no battery issues for me.
    01-12-12 11:44 AM
    That doesn't work!
    01-13-12 01:47 PM
    Since updating on Verizon my battery went from good to bad too. It is now draining 11% per hour with nothing on but wifi (no 3G even). CPU is averaging 2%. No applications shown as very high. This is while sitting on the nightstand over night. All social media is turned off for updating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-12 07:19 AM
    I use Skype all day... mainly IMg, Facebook at the lowest auto-update (5 mins?), Twitter, Google Talk, foursquare, whatsapp, plus the usual native apps. Again, no battery issues for me.
    (Mostly) same here. Facebook hourly, Ubersocial every 10 minutes, Berryweather 30 minute updates, foursquare, BBM and short calls. No battery issues here.
    01-14-12 09:42 AM
    The only problems I have since upgrading is that calls coming through on Call Waiting do not appear on the screen. I just hear the "beep", but the screen doesn't display who is calling. Annoying, but nothing that's making me regret upgrading to 7.1.
    01-14-12 12:01 PM
    .190 leak on 9900 is a flawless experience. Battery is pretty decent but .590 was better.
    01-14-12 12:15 PM
    ... If these forums were representative of the population, a statistician would tell you there is no significant relationship between OS version and battery life. Ain't that a nipple twister? How much of the forum is about this? 20%? More? It's a funny world.
    yawn....zzzzzzzz
    01-14-12 03:29 PM
    yawn....zzzzzzzz

+1 for pcgizmo

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    01-14-12 04:21 PM
    im hoping 7.1 will be worth it. it's taken me almost 9 hours to dl and load. smh
    01-14-12 10:23 PM
    im hoping 7.1 will be worth it. it's taken me almost 9 hours to dl and load. smh
    9 hours? Don't do the OTA, get your USB cable and be done in less that 45 minutes. OTAs suck!

01-15-12 08:45 AM
    I have not seen any posts regarding the new "Application Management" in 7.1. Go there and scroll left-right. Pretty useful features IMO.

As-far-as battery life, I'm having absolutely no issues.. it may even be better.

I did have an issue with my alarm clock. I went into alarm clock options, turned it to silent, picked a different mp3, saved, exited; went back to options and set it as my regular and it works fine now. Qwirk?

This was present prior to 7.1.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    01-15-12 10:49 AM
    9 hours? Don't do the OTA, get your USB cable and be done in less that 45 minutes. OTAs suck!

I was done (fully booted) in about 20 mins w/ DM. Loader.exe, AFTER the actual install of 7.1.0.163 to my 5+ year old laptop (XP Pro). May've been slightly less even. Beat that.
    01-15-12 11:52 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD