I had left my house about 7 min before I made this thread. I have a day off from work and I usually go sit out at the park. I have a nice ducked off spot where its a secluded bench for is closer to the bike trail that runs ajacent to the park. I like to chill out here and browse different forums and listen to music or radio or whatever with my headphones on. I may make phone calls or whatever, just use my phone basically. I had to do a battery pull when I left the house because I got the "device media server busy" message. It takes about 5 min to walk from my house to the spot I'm sitting at now, and the device was rebutting just as I sat down. I go to open my music, and its ALL Deleted! Everything from my phone was wiped. I don't store contacts, I just remember phone numbers, so idk if that was affected. Just thought I'd share.
    09-18-12 06:00 PM
    Your media card has to reload after a reboot. Check it now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    losino likes this.
    09-18-12 06:03 PM
    Its still all gone. I just have to reload what I had on there when I get back home, but this type of thing is uncharecteristic of blackberry. And I have had the pearl, the 8330, 9650, and now this 9930. I have never had to do so many battery pulls with any other blackberry I have owned.

Its such a nice device when it working properly tho.
    09-18-12 06:07 PM
    I had left my house about 7 min before I made this thread. I have a day off from work and I usually go sit out at the park. I have a nice ducked off spot where its a secluded bench for is closer to the bike trail that runs ajacent to the park. I like to chill out here and browse different forums and listen to music or radio or whatever with my headphones on. I may make phone calls or whatever, just use my phone basically. I had to do a battery pull when I left the house because I got the "device media server busy" message. It takes about 5 min to walk from my house to the spot I'm sitting at now, and the device was rebutting just as I sat down. I go to open my music, and its ALL Deleted! Everything from my phone was wiped. I don't store contacts, I just remember phone numbers, so idk if that was affected. Just thought I'd share.

My 16GB media card always takes a few mins to show music after a reboot. I'm sure its all there. It does similar to photos since the thumbnails have to re-cache.
    losino likes this.
    09-18-12 06:10 PM
    Common software glitch probably. Try either pulling the SD out to the battery and pushing it back in, or another reboot. Mine doesn't register about a third of my boots.
    losino, grover5 and jafobabe like this.
    09-18-12 07:48 PM
    Did another battery pull and pulled the memory card. Everything is back as it should be.
    09-18-12 08:07 PM
    I am glad it worked out. You can always learn something new here every day.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 09-18-12 at 08:31 PM.
    losino, Stewartj1 and jafobabe like this.
    09-18-12 08:23 PM
    Yeah my media card has lost it's mind once or twice but luckily pulling the battery and reinserting the card has always worked. Glad to hear it all worked out.
    losino and jafobabe like this.
    09-18-12 08:27 PM
    I'm glad you didn't lose all your data.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    losino likes this.
    09-18-12 08:35 PM
    That's why I love the Blackberry. I believe we have the best and most tight nit online community of any mobile platform.
    jafobabe and john_v like this.
    09-19-12 03:32 AM
    That's why I love the Blackberry. I believe we have the best and most tight nit online community of any mobile platform.
    09-19-12 03:39 AM
    I wonder if this ever happens to obama?
    09-19-12 06:29 AM
    Since i have 32GB nearly filled up mine always takes a little time to load.
    After it has been loaded i'm good to go and i can acces anything fast on my memory card.
    Never had to re-pull out my 32GB card out of my phone so far.
    jafobabe likes this.
    09-19-12 09:45 PM
    you might want to copy/backup your music in case the MicroSD card is heading south.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-19-12 10:15 PM
    Also, if you have encryption enabled and do a battery pull the media will not be visible for sometime until you enter your password.
    BocaJuniors likes this.
    09-19-12 11:52 PM
    Since i have 32GB nearly filled up mine always takes a little time to load.
    After it has been loaded i'm good to go and i can acces anything fast on my memory card.
    Never had to re-pull out my 32GB card out of my phone so far.
    My 32GB takes awhile too.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-20-12 12:08 AM
    I wonder if this ever happens to obama?
    Do you mean loose his marbles?
    09-20-12 04:25 PM
    Do you mean loose his marbles?
    Or lose even...bwahahahahahaha
    09-20-12 04:33 PM
    Why don't you just go to Options/Device/Storage and hit the BlackBerry button and "Repair" your add-in memory card.

Its just my opinion, but, pulling the memory card out of the phone is akin to having new muffler bearings installed on your car.

And definitely "Disable Encryption" if its on. Encryption when you don't need it is like a banana in the tail pipe.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 09-20-12 at 07:45 PM.
    09-20-12 07:42 PM
    Why don't you just go to Options/Device/Storage and hit the BlackBerry button and "Repair" your add-in memory card.

Its just my opinion, but, pulling the memory card out of the phone is akin to having new muffler bearings installed on your car.
    Because it's not technically "in", so it's akin to repairing the muffler, when it fell off the car 10 miles back.
    09-20-12 08:12 PM
    Because it's not technically "in", so it's akin to repairing the muffler, when it fell off the car 10 miles back.

Sorry Wuffy, I can't really make out what your saying.

But if it makes you feel any better, Your Welcome.
    09-20-12 09:07 PM
    Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

09-20-12 09:20 PM

I don't really see the point of checking save lost clusters. Its not like you can do anything with the gibberish in those files.
    09-20-12 11:19 PM
    I don't really see the point of checking save lost clusters. Its not like you can do anything with the gibberish in those files.
    The pint was there is no SD card to repair.

Saving lost clusters works just as well on a BlackBerry as a PC.
    09-21-12 06:36 AM
    You don't store contacts? You just remember numbers? Any reason for this??
    09-22-12 01:40 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD