I have praised this phone since it came out to ATT, buuutttttt
    It happened to me.

All of a sudden my phone turned off and I had to press the power button to boot up again, since then, I've felt its a bit sluggish.

I thought that by praising this phone so much my luck would be such that I would be spared from this type of things.

Oh well, hope it goes back to its usual ways. I'm not ready to give up on this phone
    12-01-11 06:52 PM
    make sure you dont charge overnight
    12-01-11 09:55 PM
    I have praised this phone since it came out to ATT, buuutttttt
    It happened to me.

All of a sudden my phone turned off and I had to press the power button to boot up again, since then, I've felt its a bit sluggish.

I thought that by praising this phone so much my luck would be such that I would be spared from this type of things.

Oh well, hope it goes back to its usual ways. I'm not ready to give up on this phone
    Try pulling the battery or alt-Rshift-delete to reboot. The power button merely brings it out of hibernation with whatever was bothering it to begin with still going.
    12-01-11 09:57 PM
    That's terrible that it's happening so much. Hopefully RIM finds a fix for it FAST
    12-01-11 09:59 PM
    That's terrible that it's happening so much. Hopefully RIM finds a fix for it FAST
    I'm thinking that RIM has no idea of what's actually causing the phone to brick. I'm not sold that its a software problem.
    12-01-11 10:07 PM
    I don't think its software either
    12-01-11 10:17 PM
    After some days I always have this problem. It is easy to fix it do a soft reset this way ( more info KB02141-How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone )

Press and hold the Alt key on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the Right Shift key.
    With both of those buttons still pressed, press the Backspace/Delete key. The display on the BlackBerry smartphone turns off to indicate that the reset has started, and the keys can now be released.

One time it took a lot of time to restart the loading bar was almost stop and I was going to remove the battery but it started loading the OS, the best is to wait.
    12-01-11 11:24 PM
    I did battery pull and it worked. Its back to normal.
    I'm just scared my baby is suffering from illness. I hope its just a minor cold and not a heart acttack.
    12-02-11 11:40 AM
    I did battery pull and it worked. Its back to normal.
    I'm just scared my baby is suffering from illness. I hope its just a minor cold and not a heart acttack.
    12-02-11 11:46 AM
    I strongly suggest you keep current backups. Also sync with OutLook as a backup will only work with RIM devices
    12-02-11 11:50 AM
    I strongly suggest you keep current backups. Also sync with OutLook as a backup will only work with RIM devices
    i agree. Set your Blackberry Protect to backup daily
    12-02-11 01:34 PM
    I'm thinking that RIM has no idea of what's actually causing the phone to brick. I'm not sold that its a software problem.
    It could easily take many weeks, if not months, for a RIM fix to make its way to customers.

1st they have to determine the root issue, then develop a fix. Once they have that it will most likely need to run through various developer QA cycles followed by an employee trial (which alone could run for a few weeks). Once they are confident in the updated OS they have to deliver it to every carrier who has the 99xx who themselves will test (no telling how long that could take). At that point it's up to each carrier to push the updated OS to their customers.

In short, getting a brand new OS to market is a long process!
    12-02-11 02:22 PM
    After some days I always have this problem. It is easy to fix it do a soft reset this way ( more info KB02141-How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone )

Press and hold the Alt key on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    While holding down the Alt key, press and hold the Right Shift key.
    With both of those buttons still pressed, press the Backspace/Delete key. The display on the BlackBerry smartphone turns off to indicate that the reset has started, and the keys can now be released.

One time it took a lot of time to restart the loading bar was almost stop and I was going to remove the battery but it started loading the OS, the best is to wait.
    The ol' 3-Finger Salute!
    12-02-11 02:34 PM
    I've always charged my phone overnight and never had a problem. Due to a commuter case I can't use the cradle but no complaints - just use the usb oem charger. I do notice that a soft reboot (alt rightshift del) daily and a batt pull every week or so prevents the sluggishness. If I don't do this as consistently as above it takes longer for it to reboot subsequently.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 07:06 PM
    I charge my device everynight and have not had any issues. I also do a reboot almost everyday... why?? I have no idea... just habit.

Maybe we should ask those who have had nuked or bricked devices if they reboot often. Maybe this is the key?
    12-02-11 07:10 PM
    I turn my 9900 off every night to charge it. I have had mine since Nov 10th and no brick. With the bricking of 9900 from other carriers, glad I also have my 9810 which I got on launch day and also no bricking.
    12-02-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD