I bought a bb9900 off my mate he needed cash and I liked his phone so I bought it off him. I gave it to my gf so I took out my sim after checkin it out I then put her sim in same network as me but now I get an error "Phone not allowed MM6" net and BBM still work but can not send/recieve calls/texts. But I could when I had my sim in. I tried with my sim and does same thing as my gf's any idea what's wrong? Regards Jim.
    05-09-12 08:22 AM
    call the carrier
    he might have faulted on his bill
    make sure you call the carrier and make sure you're the owner now and get the device on your own BIS
    05-09-12 08:27 AM
    The device you got is blocked. It's most likely reported because it's stolen/lost or whatsoever.
    So it's Blacklisted. Contact your friend and tell him about this problem.
    05-09-12 08:28 AM
    My own BIS? How I do this and what's it mean sorry I'm lost lol
    05-09-12 08:35 AM
    BIS=Blackberry Internet Service. You must subscribe to this service with your carrier for your device to work. Call your carrier.
    05-09-12 09:05 AM
    I sould say, you must subscribe to BIS in order for all functions of the device to work properly.
    05-09-12 09:06 AM
    The error MM6 is the code given to reported lost or stolen phones. So, you need to call the service provider (Carrier) to get it unblocked. If your friends sold this phone to you, then the best thing you can do is ask him to call the provider to unblock it since he is the original owner.

I hope that the phone is blocked because of a miscommunication not because it has been reported stolen.
    05-09-12 09:19 AM
    Hopefully your friend didn't sell you a stolen phone.

Hopefully your friend isn't a d-bag and sold you his phone and then proceeded to report it lost/stolen.

Hopefully it's just a mistake and it gets cleared up soon.

JB
    bb 8900 lover likes this.
    05-09-12 10:00 AM
    Hopefully your friend didn't sell you a stolen phone.

Hopefully your friend isn't a d-bag and sold you his phone and then proceeded to report it lost/stolen.

Hopefully it's just a mistake and it gets cleared up soon.

JB
    If he sold it to you and then reported stolen with the carrier and the insurance company (in case he had insurance). I am sorry to tell you, but you are not getting that device unlocked or out of the list.

You should talk to your "friend" and get your money back if he did what I just said.
    05-09-12 01:26 PM
    I used to see this a lot while working in wireless. He probably reported it stolen, paid the deductible, and then sold you the "stolen" phone for some extra cash thinking that the carrier wasnt going to take any further action. He isnt a d-bag, just probably didnt know that the carrier had the capability to block the device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 01:32 PM
    So in other words TELL your friend about this and he if doesn't want to help you out, you are SOL lol.
    Since you bought it from your friend contact him and tell him about this issue. It could be a mistake or whatsoever so first,
    tell him that you have this issue and hope he and you can both solve this together.
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-09-12 01:37 PM
    Or call customer service and just ask them if in fact the device was reported stolen. They may even tell you when it was reported.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD