in UAE..
    i was at the largest carrier the other day and they said they have been running out of stock of BBs selling through the carrier on daily basis (perhaps they have allocation for those for daily sales)..

it was only 11 am and the rep who was at a mini stand of BB showcasing the 9900 + PB at the largest carrier here (etisalat) told me they have run out of stock just 10 minutes ago..

the timing of the release for 9900 was just perfect..its prior to our eid festival and BBs have large followings so they have been probably selling like hot cakes..in addition to some heavy promotion in th elast few weeks prior to release...

my company has started distributing and i will try to get my hands on one of them prior to my business trip in September..

they have a nice promotion for 9900 going on with half price for one year contract but with the service for one year ofcourse...

it has really pushed even the likes of samsung to promote their galazxy SII heavily due to the release of 9900...

i think this 9900 will do fantasticaly well..hardcore people seem to know that there will be a QNX device released soon..etc..etc..but majority of people dont know these things and they see a BB with keyboard like 9900 + touch screen unseen before on any BB device and they will go for it...galaxy SII i believe has been selling well also but i saw it the other day being used by my brother and there is something i dont like about it...i just got used to BBs and their screen and the ease of using them...he was trying to convince me of its features and i was rolling my eyes..never got tempted by it or by any of iphones..people just dont understand they are made for various purposes and i like what the BB is being used for my myself..

thats why i believe we will see some surprisingly good numbers by end of the year for BBs or whenever they publish their reports..im not buying into all this manufactured doom and gloom stuff coming out of american media..even american media is changing its stance it seems as they seen like they cant defeat the RIM..BB sales it seems are rather healthy in many big parts of the world where there is actual growth..i 100% concur with RIM focussing on international markets as opposed to N.American market in particular the US..the money nowadays is elsewhere especially in BRIC countries and ME..

also the PB i believe will do very well if people are a bit more patient...the device is a giant although its small in size..i believe the sentiments will totally be different toward the PB by Dec of 2011 when you check back on these forums..

i recall people having the iphones without simply copy functions for how long...
    mobibiz likes this.
    08-24-11 02:50 AM
    I was on the phone with Rogers yesterday and over the phone they are sold out of 9900s. They told me if I wanted one quickly I would have to go to a local retail store. If Rogers can't keep them in stock, it's got to be selling pretty well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 03:12 AM
    I was on the phone with Rogers yesterday and over the phone they are sold out of 9900s. They told me if I wanted one quickly I would have to go to a local retail store. If Rogers can't keep them in stock, it's got to be selling pretty well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yep..same thing here..available at retail so you can get it and use the carrier plan...

i liked the fact at the stand they had the PB also to showcase it...RIM must be pushing the PB through carriers also although i would assume there is no direct revenue to them except from tethering plans...(someone said the tethering is not activated through the carrier here..not sure)
    08-24-11 04:30 AM
    My local Sprint store can't even get the phone. it is already back ordered.
    08-24-11 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD