Okay so i just replaced my iPhone 5 with a Blackberry Bold 9900 because the iphone was distracting me from my studies and i needed to get a simpler phone.

Anyways, so i am a complete newbie to Blackberry and there are some stuff that i wanted to know if they're possible or not. If so, then how. For ex:

1- I have Blackberry App world installed which works perfectly well except that there are some apps missing and can't be found by searching for them because the developers have not made my country in the supported list. For ex Evernote, Dropbox and Kik Messenger. So i wanted to know if there is anyway i could download them manually from a website or is it possible to change the Region of my appworld?

2- I tried to set up my email on the phone and this message kept poping up saying "Activation request failed, a service connection is unavailable". Am i getting this message because i need to have blackberry service plan set up on my device in order to set up my email? if so how do i set up my email without the Blackberry services and just using the wifi?

3- is there anyway i could import my older contacts from my VCF (V CARD) file?

i know this seems a lot but i would be forever thankful for whomever answeres my questions, thanks in advance.
    08-27-13 08:33 AM
    go to manage connections then go to Options & Status networks & connections and make sure data services is turned on and it should take a few minutes and should be all set.

Sprint told me how to do that while on the phone with them when I got a replacement phone and I was trying to set up my emails
    08-27-13 08:38 AM
    1. https://www.dropbox.com/blackberry
    Kik Messenger for BlackBerry | Kik Messenger
    BlackBerry World - Evernote

2. just like texn said i don't think your data is turned on / contact your carrier

3. can i import contacts from a vcf file - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    or brign your phone and the VCF to yoru carrier and they can do it for you
    08-27-13 08:50 AM
    It sounds as if the OP does NOT have a bb data plan. If so, is there a way to accomplish some of what the user wants using wifi as asked?
    08-27-13 07:09 PM
    Yes BIS has to be enabled , in order to setup email .
    Once it's up and running , you can switch over to WiFi.
    08-27-13 07:24 PM