I had gotten a BB Curve 8830 for Mother's Day 2009. I loved it, but WOW!

I researched phones for weeks before narrowing it down between two. Bold 9930 or the new Torch.
    I so, so much love this keyboard. This is a terrific keyboard.

I hope BBs always have this keyboard!! The thought that they may be all touch screen in the future makes me feel anxious!!!I hope not!!!

My husband has a Droid X. My 11 year old loves her iPod Touch. All touch screens are not nearly as nice for someone that likes to email and text.

Wow, this phone is wonderful!!!! I love it!!!!

The touch screen is terrific, then you have the beautiful combo of the track pad, key board, and touch screen. If you're considering this phone, get it and you'll be glad you did!!!!

I love it!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 09:26 PM
    Glad to hear it.
    09-11-11 09:29 PM
    +1..........

09-11-11 11:40 PM
    +2..............
    09-11-11 11:44 PM
    Good to hear
    You are lucky you didn't get a fault unit

09-11-11 11:47 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself

09-11-11 11:49 PM
    Loving mine also, everyone always brags about BB keyboards being so great but with my last 2, 9630 & 9650 I honestly thought typing was bad for me. But with this phone that has changed, love to type on it, I even find myself looking for reasons to type on it, like now I know I'm being annoying & of no help to anyone but I can't stop typing, ill go now and open the memo pad or something to type on so I'm not bugging everyone

telefonique likes this.
    09-12-11 01:37 AM
    Good to hear
    You are lucky you didn't get a fault unit

I think it's the other way round, people who get a faulty unit are unlucky
    09-12-11 03:13 AM
    Loving mine also, everyone always brags about BB keyboards being so great but with my last 2, 9630 & 9650 I honestly thought typing was bad for me. But with this phone that has changed, love to type on it, I even find myself looking for reasons to type on it, like now I know I'm being annoying & of no help to anyone but I can't stop typing, ill go now and open the memo pad or something to type on so I'm not bugging everyone

I just had an argument with my roommate about this. She just can't understand why I prefer this keyboard over my Evo 3D's. I agree though, the typing experience on my old Curve 8330 doesn't even compare.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 04:09 AM
    Totally agree the typing experience on this unit is amazing and always looking for reasons to type hence typing this message, did I mention l love typing on this keyboard of course I did....
    09-12-11 04:26 AM
    Agreed. Wish more developers would support the platform though. I kinda missed spotify, but hey, the keyboard makes up for everything else.
    09-12-11 04:39 AM
    I agree too. Love this phone! Does everything I need it to do and it looks absolutely beautiful!
    09-12-11 06:39 AM
    Didn't think I'd go back to a keyboard phone after storm 2 but glad I did. I too love this unit. I test drove both this and torch...tough decision, but as I mentioned in another post the Bold has the "it" factor.

09-12-11 07:44 AM
    My Curve 8830 seemed so so hardy. It was built to last!
    Although am careful, after 3 years of a busy crackberry lifestyle, my Curve got dropped, shuffled around, splashed on, fell flat into a steaming hot pizza, hung out on the side of a pool, and just seemed overall HARDY, like a Little Tike toy! LOL!!

My ONLY concern is this Bold seems so shiny, delicate, sparkly, thin, and overall FRAGILE!!

Time will tell how well-made it is.....

I'm not damn right abusive or anything, but my Curve only sported a soft case for 70% of its life, a hard case for the rest.
    I got a stiff (soft but flexible) pinkish case from Verizon with the new Bold and put it on right away.

Also a screen protector.

Perhaps it's the touch screen that makes me feel like it's overly fragile...

09-13-11 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD