Hi there

I made a thread a few days ago mentioning my Bold 9900 was going to get its sim card reader fixed.

I sent it to the independant storer and left it there for a full week, i called 2 days ago to ask if it was complete to be told that he hadnt even started fixing it yet!!! I then asked him just to leave it and ill take it somewhere else, he agreed and asked me to come back tomorrow (today)

I collected my phone and left, once i turned it on it was completely wiped with no pics or songs etc and upon farther examination I realised it wasnt my phone at all!! Different IMEI and PIN !! I stuck a sim card in it to discover it was also giving the error message "phone not allowed mm6"

I rang him straight away and he said to come back tomorrow and collect mines as he has given it in to be serviced!!! I hope hes not tried to scam me out of my newish BOLd!!!
    09-15-12 10:00 AM
    Hope all works out for you and your BB.
    09-15-12 10:09 AM
    Always make regular backups to your pc so that your will lose minimum data when things like this happen. And things like this happen.
    09-15-12 10:26 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I try to educate myself and do it myself or find a reputable company. Hopefully it will work out!
    09-15-12 10:34 AM
    Dang man, hope it works out.
    09-15-12 10:44 AM
    I wouldn't trust anybody else with my 9930. You should try fixing it yourself. You can buy parts online and I'm sure there are video instructions on YouTube. I'm about to fix up my 9930 will all new parts! it's really simple to take apart and put back together..
    09-15-12 10:58 AM
    Looool

The same happened to me, but at my carriers official store ^^

They told it would take a month to fix, but after a week they called me to get it. Fine by me right?

When i got there and got "my" phone i realized that all the bumps and scratches were gone. I tough they just gave me a new phone or also replaced the housing.

I was wrong.

One or two weeks later another call lol This time to tell to pick up my phone and return the other one, which by then was already full of my contacts and all the other stuff...

Since i didnt knew how to make backups at the time, needless to say that i lost all my info twice...

I presented an official complaint off course, since even the original problem wasnt fixed(speaker).

I understand you ^^

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-15-12 11:23 AM
    Sorry this happened to you. Hope it all works out for the best,
    09-15-12 03:21 PM
    One reason I love verizon wireless insurance!!!
    mrimg likes this.
    09-15-12 03:47 PM
    One reason I love verizon wireless insurance!!!
    Mega OT but another Fi guy w00p!
    09-15-12 05:34 PM
    Mega OT but another Fi guy w00p!
    What language is this?
    09-15-12 10:47 PM
    What language is this?
    I'm a lil confused as well. I'm assuming he's talking about my profile pic lol
    09-15-12 10:48 PM
    I fix my own stuff, refuse to give it to idiots.
    09-15-12 11:53 PM
    Might have done some good to do a little research. There are some good repar places and a zillion bad ones. Sorry to hear your having issues.
    09-16-12 09:50 AM
    I'm a lil confused as well. I'm assuming he's talking about my profile pic lol
    I am indeed lol.
    09-16-12 10:22 AM
    Ok guys got my phone back today in the same condition i sent it in, took it somewhere more professional and the guy said it will be fixed in 1 day and he was starting it right away.

He showed me the new card reader he was putting in etc, also unlocking it for free

Hopefully have it early tomorrow

Ill update this hopefully from my Bold tomorrow
    09-16-12 11:25 AM
    Well guys I am pleased to report that I am up and running now on my Bold 9900.

The second guy I gave it to did it in one day and unlocked it as well

I am very very pleased now.

Note for the future: Don't go for the cheap option! Go for the one you know you will see results

Good day!
    09-17-12 12:04 PM
    Well guys I am pleased to report that I am up and running now on my Bold 9900.

The second guy I gave it to did it in one day and unlocked it as well

I am very very pleased now.

Note for the future: Don't go for the cheap option! Go for the one you know you will see results

Good day!
    Good advice for anything that needs repairing.
    Glad it all worked out for you OP.
    09-17-12 01:00 PM
    Don't know where you are located OP but I had the same problem a few days ago and I gave it out at a place in Miami called The Repair Group, 1325 SW 107th Ave., they repaired it in a few hours and it costs $45 and everything works perfectly.

Hi there

I made a thread a few days ago mentioning my Bold 9900 was going to get its sim card reader fixed.

I sent it to the independant storer and left it there for a full week, i called 2 days ago to ask if it was complete to be told that he hadnt even started fixing it yet!!! I then asked him just to leave it and ill take it somewhere else, he agreed and asked me to come back tomorrow (today)

I collected my phone and left, once i turned it on it was completely wiped with no pics or songs etc and upon farther examination I realised it wasnt my phone at all!! Different IMEI and PIN !! I stuck a sim card in it to discover it was also giving the error message "phone not allowed mm6"

I rang him straight away and he said to come back tomorrow and collect mines as he has given it in to be serviced!!! I hope hes not tried to scam me out of my newish BOLd!!!
    09-17-12 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD