Please excuse me ahead of time as just simply reading through posts on the forums I see this topic come up often.

How in the world does AT&T think it's ok to refuse to launch a phone that is currently available on all three of the other major US carriers and both of the major Canadian carriers as well as countless others overseas?

I can understand how others could be attracted to the 9810 however I simply am not and fail to see AT&T's reasoning here. If this phone were available now I would be signing a contract extention, however thats not possible and I do realize I am in a very small group who would consider leaving over this but I actually want to stay with AT&T.

So is November a joke or a reality? Could we see late September or early October? You tell me.
    09-02-11 10:14 PM
    Just purchase it from another carrier and unlock it if you can't wait.
    09-02-11 11:00 PM
    Aside from the fact that you lose carrier updates and the branding wont match you also face issues like VVM not behaving properly.
    Nickerz likes this.
    09-02-11 11:52 PM
    it can't be november since the 9860 is scheduled to appear in september.im frustrated with at&t as much as you are but i have no other choice but to wait.there is no way im paying a large amount of sum to purchase from canada.im not the only one in my family set to upgrade.my brother and mother are also.i just can't do anything absurd.if i wanted to jump cdma(which i don't like),i would need my entire family to jump with me.they won't either.we still like at&t and plan on sticking with it.the one phone i know that is coming is the iphone 5 on october 7.that pretty much is a lock.
    09-03-11 12:59 AM
    Wait a minute now. You mean to tell me AT&T isn't releasing this thing until months after the competition?

Where did you hear this?!
    09-03-11 01:09 AM
    you're funny haha
    09-03-11 01:15 AM
    AT&T has the Torch2 as an exclusive, at a far cheaper price ($49.99).

They will eventually offer the 9900.
    09-03-11 01:30 AM
    ...if i wanted to jump cdma(which i don't like),i would need my entire family to jump with me.they won't either...
    I believe this is exactly why Carriers feel they are in control, because they are. They have us, and usually not just one of us but our families too...hence the Family plans - sounds so nice and secure doesn't it? - lol! So AT&T can do what they want and expect to keep attrition at a minimum.

Family plans probably equate to much better retention of customers so it makes sense as most won't take their whole family and jump over to another carrier, having to set it all up, all over again. Not worth it to some, maybe most. Probably even better retention for Corporate plans. The Carriers are literally banking on us just staying put.
    09-03-11 01:47 AM
    How do people purchasing the unlocked phones handles warranty claims and defects? I just don't see how in any way having the Torch 2 eliminates the backlash of AT&T being the last carrier to get this phone not to mention months later than the competition. I mean these carriers are competitors right?
    09-03-11 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD