I purchased a Motorola Droid 4 and it's okay. I have VZW and I can't keep it on 4G, otherwise battery goes bye bye and I'm not even using it heavily for internet or anything, just txting and emails.

The reason why I decided to switch was because I get so frustrated with my blackberry being so slow to browse the web. I find it next to impossible.

I created a post to see if the browser was better in OS 7.1 and someone replied saying there are better browsers to be used. Can someone tell me the best internet browser to use on the 9930 on 7.1?

Email hands down is better on the Blackberry and if I can get this internet issue solved, I'll be heading back to BB but need to do it quickly as my return time is running out.

Also...extended battery? Is there a legit one out? Does it add bulk to the device? I checked Seidio's website and couldnt find one.

Please advise.

Mark
    02-18-12 12:49 PM
    Not sure about the browser but they do sell some extended batteries on ebay but they add bulk as they need a bigger battery cover. Also they need to be re-cloned with the original battery if you ever restart the phone.

I have been researching this Gold battery - eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

people here on crackberry said this one last about 50% more than the original and doesn't add any bulk as it is the same size as the OEM battery. They also said it only needed to be cloned 1 time. I'm contemplating purchasing it.

here is the original thread that talks about the gold battery if you want to do some research - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-mind-696283/
    Last edited by aliencds; 02-18-12 at 01:12 PM.
    02-18-12 01:05 PM
    Personally speaking I don't like web surfing on smaller screens.
    I always prefer big screen and full browser with no compromise on web content.
    I have used iOS browser and it was bad, I don't see how people adore it too much. Most of web content is not compatible with this browser.
    9900 browser is not desktop replacement.
    Its for occasional usage and it does job well.
    Playbook has best mobile browser and it support most of web content, may be rendering is slow because of do much content to handle. But its best.
    02-18-12 01:28 PM
    i agree...for full browsing, i'll use a laptop (or playbook), but for quick searches, I want something that will work.
    02-18-12 01:41 PM
    I currently have a blackberry 9900 and a playbook but also a iPad 2 and a iPhone :/ depends what I need to use the device for
    02-18-12 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD