I wonder why it just seems to be me with the crappy luck on the 9900/9930 series.

I bought a 9930 a week after launch. The battery drain issues drove me nuts then. After reading up all about the advantages of the 9900 model over the 9930 version (basically more leaked OS versions since GSM is more prevalent worldwide), I sold the 9930 at a loss to a friend and bought a 9900.

Battery life was still crappy (lasting only half a day) so I assumed I had a hardware issue...sold the 9900 to another friend and got another one. That's what i currently use and I can confidently say that the battery life is still abysmal.

I got a 9930 for a friend last year, bricked within a week. Luckily the event happened after the battery drained fully and he plugged it to charge. he assumed wrongly that it was a power surge issue and didn't trouble me for a refund. I got of easy there....

...but karma can be an angry woman. My original 9930 which i'd sold off last year to get my first 9900 bricked 2 weeks ago. Unlike the other guy who assumed it was his fault, this dude googled it up and came gunning for me claiming i'd sold him a 'defective' 9930. Basically, it was still running the brick happy launch firmware. Sticky situation for me that hasn't yet been resolved.

I dunno, I've had nothing but grief with my OS7 devices so far. I was holding on for BB10 but that seems so far away. Sometimes I miss my ever reliable 9700
    07-02-12 10:51 AM
    my only issue about the 9900 is i dont have one yet, i cant make up my mind if i wanna buy one used or new. i want a white one, but i dont see them unless they are used, the only other thing would be buy the parts and convert it to white, or buy it online on ebay
    07-02-12 03:28 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD