So I noticed an issue with my 9900 today. Embedded html 5 videos are no longer playing on the crackberry.com or the full YouTube site. For example I tried watching the Monday brief this morning and got an error stating to upgrade my flash player. I also tried playing a music video on the full YouTube site and it said my browser does not support the format. I've been watching embedded videos and full YouTube for a while now and all of a sudden today its gone. Is anyone else having this issue? The mobile site for YouTube still works of course but it was nice having the full site and watching the videos embedded on crackberry instead if opening a new tab or page.
    03-05-12 11:33 AM
    Did you try a battery pull? It always works wonders for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 12:41 PM
    Of course! I also tried clearing my cache and checked my browser settings. I downloaded opera mini as well and same thing happens with it.
    03-05-12 01:28 PM
    It happened to me aswell yesterday trying to watch the new Carl's Jr commercial with Kate Upton. and it said that the video type wasn't compatible with my device (was on youtube desktop mode). So I had to watch it in mobile mode....but today desktop mode was working fine even for that same video.

here is the video i was trying to watch:

03-05-12 02:01 PM
    Yeah, I have gotten the same intermittent issue. I have tried clearing the caches, clearing the history and doing a soft reset. Usually, that works for me
    03-05-12 02:01 PM
    It happened to me aswell yesterday trying to watch the new Carl's Jr commercial with Kate Upton. and it said that the video type wasn't compatible with my device (was on youtube desktop mode). So I had to watch it in mobile mode....but today desktop mode was working fine even for that same video.

here is the video i was trying to watch:

Thanks for the input. It looks like that video you just quoted works ok. I guess there is prob nothing I can do, so I will just wait it out and see what happens. Youtube html 5 I think it still under trial and they don't list blackberry as a supported browser so that could have something to do with it.
    03-05-12 02:38 PM
    I thought the 9900 would play videos such as sports reports hosted on UK websites sucjh as the BBC Sports page, but it seems to not be supported...
    04-04-12 05:53 PM
    maybe the videos arent html5 anymore. i know youtube is making some major overhauls

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    04-04-12 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD