Using 9900 on rogers, running 296. Previously used a bold 9000 around downtown toronto and there are certain spots I know where I have crappy reception, namely in the underground parking and in my building's elevator. With my 9000, I would still be able to search the net, or make a call in those areas. However with my 9900, it almost immediately drops to SOS and searching for network. It seems that they've tweaked the algo for finding a network, for the worst. Anyone else having similar issues? It could just be the HSPA+ network isn't as far reaching as the HSPA network, but we're talking about downtown toronto - and shouldn't it revert to HSPA instead...

Also battery life seems to be better on my second day, but I'm struggling to get a full day out of it.
    Last edited by gdong; 08-19-11 at 01:21 PM.
    08-19-11 01:17 PM
    There's another thread just below about this. i feel it's an OS issue due to being new.
    08-19-11 01:19 PM
    08-19-11 01:22 PM
    Slightly better than my 9650 - noted in a normally marginal area inside a building.
    08-19-11 01:31 PM
    Yea I saw that, but considering it's a different radio on a different network, it doesn't apply fully to my case.

Trying to get an opinon of people on the same network / area as me.

My reception is also **** poor on the go train, making my bridge browser use a struggle. When I'm home, it runs decently well.
    08-19-11 01:40 PM
    Yea I saw that, but considering it's a different radio on a different network, it doesn't apply fully to my case.

Trying to get an opinon of people on the same network / area as me.

My reception is also **** poor on the go train, making my bridge browser use a struggle. When I'm home, it runs decently well.
    You should've been more specific in the tittle of your thread.
    08-19-11 01:42 PM
    Better then my 9700, seems to be holding better to the 3G signal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD