So Ive been looking into these. My MAIN concern is the internet speeds. I use the net alot. Ive played with one in the stores but it seems like the speeds these are always faster than normal. So how are your true internet speeds when surfing on non-mobile sites? How are the loading speeds? Any Checkerboarding?

Just would like some real world usage input. Any other issues youve experiences (minus the outage, lol) .

Thanks Nick
    10-15-11 02:12 PM
    You can also see some browser tests on youtube... on the few i saw the 9900 browser is a little faster then Iphone 4 one.

But thats just for Wifi... if you are connected over mobile network, blackberrys always decompress data and will be always slower.

thats the downside.... upside is you use less data then a iphone.
    10-15-11 02:34 PM
    I do notice a difference in speed over wifi but over 3g as stated above it slows down a little bit so it depends on where your browsing will be done at over wifi or 3g.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 04:09 PM
    How would you guy compare the speeds of you 9930s/9900s to other smartphones, i.e. android/iphones.
    10-15-11 07:40 PM
    I'm getting a little more checkerboarding with 440 vs 353. Nothing major and it may not be an issue.
    10-15-11 10:45 PM
    I figured there would be more device to device input. ... oh well.

thanks though.
    10-16-11 08:16 AM
    To make a comparsion you need to prepare some kind of test.Best wouold be you watch some tests on youtube.

I gave you a little comparison to the iphone 4 ... so the browser is a little faster then the ip4 one on wifi, and then you have to add some extra time while you are on mobile connection (~1-2 secs my guess).

The iphone browser was already faster then any android as far as i know but neither BB or ios got flash support.

I only experience checkerbording if you scroll really fast or load a image heavy site and wont let it load before you start scrolling.
    10-16-11 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD