View Poll Results: How will you purchase the BOLD 9900?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am ready to upgrade and sign a 2 year contract, baby!

51 46.79%
  • Screw contracts, I will pay retail!

51 46.79%
  • I will wait a couple of months and buy used.

7 6.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I am just curious to see how most folks will be purchasing their bold 9900. As much as I want the device myself, I am struggling with having to sign a contract for 2 years on a last generation device. Think about it for a developer's point of view, if qnx phones come out by next summer or even fall, why would a developer want to create new apps for a OS platform that's about to be retired. I am sure existing apps will be made compatible for OS 7 but that's about it. This situation reminds of when HTC had announced they were releasing this bada$$ phone (HD2) but it was running Windows Mobile 6.5 and Windows Phone 7 was right around the corner. The mobile landscape is rapidly changing, I am scared if I jump in with the bold now, I might regret it in a year or even six months. Let's be honest, the only thing future proofing the bold 9900 is NFC, everything else is catch up, except that sweet keyboard which is timeless .
    slicx likes this.
    07-31-11 07:09 AM
    Can you guys in usa buy phones off contract? If so it better be, just in case qnx phone came out next february.

Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-)
    07-31-11 07:16 AM
    I get an upgrade every year with Premier, so I'll upgrade.
    07-31-11 07:26 AM
    I never understood people who say I don't wana get a particualr phone cause I don't want to be locked into it for 2 yrs. Who the **** keeps a phone for 2 years?! You can change your phone anytime you want and you don't have to buy it full retail. Craigslist...ebay...trade/buy off friends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-31-11 07:33 AM
    Buying them outright. No contract.
    I don't want to get locked into a contract. I will simply buy less shoes for a while.
    07-31-11 07:48 AM
    I never understood people who say I don't wana get a particualr phone cause I don't want to be locked into it for 2 yrs. Who the **** keeps a phone for 2 years?! You can change your phone anytime you want and you don't have to buy it full retail. Craigslist...ebay...trade/buy off friends.

Ditto. I've been off contract so long, it must be 3 years already... I buy myself new phones because of course, I'm worth it.
    07-31-11 07:50 AM
    Does anyone know if Verizon still offers a one year contract at a slightly higher cost? I seem to recall that at one time thet offered one year for something like $70 more.
    07-31-11 08:02 AM
    I'm buying mine on a new contract with T-Mobile and lowering my rate price, thus meaning I can effectively be on AT&T on the T-Mobile price, assuming they stick to their word and honor the prices like they said they would.

07-31-11 08:09 AM
    Does anyone know if Verizon still offers a one year contract at a slightly higher cost? I seem to recall that at one time thet offered one year for something like $70 more.
    They used to but not anymore
    07-31-11 08:10 AM
    They used to but not anymore
    Bummer. I use to think that was a pretty good way to go. Thanks!
    07-31-11 08:16 AM
    Depending on the full retail price of the phone, I may do it that way in anticipation of a QNX phone being priced even higher next year. I'm kind of a technology ***** so I tend to change devices fairly often.
    07-31-11 08:22 AM
    I have an iPhone 4 and a 9650 right now, so I may just hold off for my upgrade next May to decide what I want. I feel like between those 2 devices I'm pretty well covered and if something really revolutionary comes out next year, I'd rather just be ready for that. And if not, these devices will still be there waiting for me.
    07-31-11 08:22 AM
    Depends on the phone. With this phone, it I'll be contract. Its just not worth it at full.
    07-31-11 08:33 AM
    Buying off contract full retail. Heck qnx next year? Look how long its taking to get this one out with OS7 what makes you think they will be on schedule with the QNX phones lol. I got the playbook for QNX right now.

07-31-11 08:39 AM
    I will be buying this phone full retail, if my contract was over I'd buy it on Contract, I buy on contract when it makes sense full retail when it makes sense since I have phones on multiple carriers being "locked" to a carrier doesn't matter to me with the contract, the cost savings of using the contract purchase twice is equal to that of buying out of the contract if you ever needed to cancel.
    07-31-11 09:15 AM
    I will pay retail as this phone is worth every penny.
    enwsiths and big_time2 like this.
    07-31-11 09:33 AM
    retail is the best option... if you have paid for what you have you will get freedom with your blackberry
    07-31-11 11:11 AM
    I live in Greece and I peordered bb 9900 from amazon.uk cause release date in Greece is between September and October...
    07-31-11 11:17 AM
    I live in Greece and I peordered bb 9900 from amazon.uk cause release date in Greece is between September and October...
    Do they do international deliveries? And when will you get yours?
    07-31-11 11:23 AM
    Renewing my contract and paying 199.99 plus early upgrade fee's -_-
    07-31-11 11:31 AM
    Do they do international deliveries? And when will you get yours?
    I think Amazon ship mobile phones only within Europe:
    Amazon.co.uk Help
    But check some sellers through amazon ship internationaly like this one:
    Amazon.co.uk Shipping Rates: KingOfGadgets
    and here is the bb 9900 preorder from the seller above:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...bUvbUpU6527627
    (seller:king of gagdet)

Release date in U.K. is the 22nd of August. I'll get mine between 25th and 30nth of August.
    Last edited by enwsiths; 07-31-11 at 11:42 AM.
    07-31-11 11:35 AM
    I will pay retail for mine. I used to do the 2-year contract thing and then got to liking the 1-year contract, but since Verizon discontinued the 1-year contract option I said screw them and will pay retail for all my phones from now on.
    07-31-11 01:12 PM
    I would buy it full retail off contract

07-31-11 01:12 PM
    I'm buying contract. My wife always gets my seconds so I'll be upgrading in a year regardless.
    07-31-11 02:58 PM
    I will pay retail as this phone is worth every penny.
    It better be worth every penny, because it will probably be $500 off contract.
    07-31-11 03:14 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD